• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Ditto. I guess it'd depend on the tone of voice in the original interview, but it reads more like two friends taking shots at each other. Reminds me of how me and my buddies in highschool talked, almost entirely in insults, some of them quite vile.

This is how I talk now lol. None of what I say is serious, even my insults. I actually laughed reading that convo.

PsychBat!

Banned
Reminds me of how me and my buddies in highschool talked, almost entirely in insults, some of them quite vile.
I can never talk like this on purpose. I have to get worked up. And if someone starts the conversation like that, I don't think much on the conversation at all, I just reply with a few words.

I can never talk like this on purpose. I have to get worked up. And if someone starts the conversation like that, I don't think much on the conversation at all, I just reply with a few words.

It's pretty simple, honestly. Basic beginner level move is to just tag "motherfucker" onto the end of whatever your preferred greeting is. "Hey, motherfucker!" or "What's up, motherfucker!" That sort of thing.

Zombine

Banned
It's pretty simple, honestly. Basic beginner level move is to just tag "motherfucker" onto the end of whatever your preferred greeting is. "Hey, motherfucker!" or "What's up, motherfucker!" That sort of thing.

A few days ago my buddy was walking to his house and I drove by and rolled the window down and said "HEY! FUCK YOU, PAL!" And he put his middle fingers up in the air and said "F U A-HOLE!" And then he text me "lol what's up?"

Are those all in the Planetary Omnibus? I had that on my wish list to buy but I don't actually know anything about the series. It just looked cool and is cheap for an omnibus.

Yep. The omnibus contains everything. You don't really need to know anything going in. A rudimentary knowledge of superheros in general will add a lot to the series though.

Yes. Probably my only complaint about her, but I think I just started taking DD for granted. With him, enemy and prisoner locations just pop constantly. XD

Eh the game is too long already without me not knowing how to slip in and out unnoticed :p

Besides, the same can be said about Quiet. Send her to kill and she'll clean house.

I imagine him giggling like a little kid when he came up with that lol

Yeah, I can see that. The reasoning behind Quiet's costume, too.

If I have one complaint about MGS V, it's that you spend so much time doing Side Ops that it feels like the main story thread gets lost in the shuffle.

Because it's not "fast". You basically have one of two options - wait for a helicopter evac, which at the early stages takes at least 1 minute to arrive and is only at set destinations (then you hit a loading screen, then you're in the helicopter, then you have to choose a destination) OR go to one of the delivery points, which are very few in number and rarely where you need them to be.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Because it's not "fast". You basically have one of two options - wait for a helicopter evac, which at the early stages takes at least 1 minute to arrive and is only at set destinations (then you hit a loading screen, then you're in the helicopter, then you have to choose a destination) OR go to one of the delivery points, which are very few in number and rarely where you need them to be.

Yep that sounds like it would qualify as balls.

This. It would have been fine if you could opt to get a ride from A to B without loading screens in between. Especially when the two drop points are on the same map.

Hagi

I love DD but Quiet is the best buddy and my go to choice for missions. I wouldn't have been able to survive a lot of missions without her. Her costume is crap but she's a really interesting character.

My complaint about the game is the whole structure itself. The open world does nothing and the missions aspect was better served on a handheld.

ElNarez

Banned

you do, of course, realize that when you're in the open world, you can get back to the chopper at any time from the pause menu, right? I wanna say it's right under "reload checkpoint"

you do, of course, realize that when you're in the open world, you can get back to the chopper at any time from the pause menu, right? I wanna say it's right under "reload checkpoint"

I didn't notice it, but it wouldn't get rid of the extra loading screens and menus. It also doesn't help that the drop points are in weird places and you have to do the whole landing sequence for the chopper every time.

Boogiepop

Blame DC and poor packaging. There's a four-year gap between the "what's her origin?" story from JSA Classified and the start of her ongoing series; the follow-up was Infinite Crisis and the regular JSA series, and Palmiotti/Gray/Conner wanted to start fresh.

The Johns/Conner story from Classified is what got people interested in PeeGee again to start with, but DC waited almost four years before doing something to capitalize on said interest.

Huh, interesting. And thanks!

it's basura. traveling around this map makes an otherwise fun as hell game feel like a chore.

besada

Banned
I have several questions and/or statements:
1) Why does Messi have a mini-me version in here?
2) Seriously, posting boobs? C'mon.
3) The Gaiman Miracleman remaster looks great.
4) ComicGAF is nowhere near FigureGAF. And if something were to happen, the correct response would be to stay cool. In most of the Community thread closures, the response from the community to a relatively minor incident is what lead to the closure -- not the incident itself.
5) Mockingbird was pretty sweet.

I wouldn't go that far. It was.... interesting in its own way, but really just felt like a marketing tool to push that new Black Widow novel.

And I will buy that graphic novel now. So it did it's job.

It's just that for a story about a sick badass agent, I would have liked something that wasn't some wonky dream sequence. I think that's what it was. Unless I'm dumb.

Honestly it's been awhile since I read a novel, but my friend did buy this for me:
JoeGolemDrowningCity.jpg

Though it's technically an "illustrated" novel, so I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I'll read it.

Honestly it's been awhile since I read a novel, but my friend did buy this for me:

Though it's technically an "illustrated" novel, so I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I'll read it.

That cover is badass.

Illustrated novels are novels that have a number of illustrations here and there throughout the book. Not a ton, but enough to help you picture certain things in your mind while reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom