• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

If nothing else the Hellcat book is going to look lovely

tumblr_nuf4m4Cocq1qa10uwo1_540.jpg

Wow, definitely digging that art! When the heck was this even announced? Lol
Not sure when it was first announced but Kate Leth announced it on her twitter.

Attn: ElNarez

Darryl Ayo has got a pretty good tweet roll going against Frank Cho

'hey, uh, my name is Frank Cho and when i was an Ignatz judge, i nominated MYSELF'

'oh uh my name is Frank Cho, i think i'm fighting for free expression and shaking up the squares but i draw books for Marvel exclusively'

'what up what up what up, it's your boy Frank Cho and i have been pounding this Milo Manara Spider-Woman cover for like a year now.'

'i can't believe that Frank Cho is the eminem, i'm just joking, the Fred Durst of drawing sex comics'

bwahahah

PS: ignore post if you're tired of ElNarez and me talking crap about Cho. Thanks!

ElNarez

Banned

I dig the attention but really, I've moved on, unlike him and Spider-Gwen's ass. Also: darryl ayo's a profollow, get on that.

edit: yo Cho dissed Love And Rockets? how unbelievably wack can the man get, dang

JTripper

Anyone reading The Fade-Out? I think a new issue is coming out this week. I recently re-read every issue and the story is way clearer in my head and actually much more rewarding on a second read through. Ed Brubaker is a great noir writer.

With that said, I'm just starting his Daredevil run and really looking forward to it.

Finished SiP last night. Often a brutally tough and emotionally draining read, but a truly rewarding experience in the end. Stuff like this and Sunstone are why I wish we had more in the way of well done romance comics these days. Sure, prose romance can also give similar feelings, but that's not really an excuse in regards to the relative weakness on the comic side of things. Also, I wish I had been around do to the reading club for this when it happened.

It was a massive relief to see a happy ending for Katchoo and Francine at the end, especially since looking over his blog after finishing reveals that Mr. Moore's original plan was "(T)he original ending I had in mind was for them to finally get together, then then something tragic happens to separate them. Because that’s how epic love stories work, right?". I'm pretty sure if it had ended up that way I'd have tossed the books off my balcony before curling into a ball to cry for several hours...not that I was without tears to start with during the read.

Ah, poor David. Not always entirely likable, sometimes a bit pathetic, and too willing to play along with the schemes of others, but in the end you were still a good guy. You deserved a better end that you got, but that's just how things often work out.

I mean, it wasn't perfect. All the various things keeping Francine from accepting where she belonged eventually became a bit maddening and the book itself even winked at that fact. The second half was better in that regard since all the various unfortunate and awful stuff that happened to everyone was at least more varied and some of that, in part, is what led to the happy ending.

Overall, this is one of those bittersweet stories to finish. On the one hand, it can't just go on forever, but on the other you kind of wish it did.

Anyone reading The Fade-Out? I think a new issue is coming out this week. I recently re-read every issue and the story is way clearer in my head and actually much more rewarding on a second read through. Ed Brubaker is a great noir writer.

With that said, I'm just starting his Daredevil run and really looking forward to it.

Brubaker + Phillips best team

I've read the first 4 ish's, but I have the next 3 yet haven't read it yet. It's incredible. I'm going to reread the set soon.

Bii

I read the first trade of The Fade Out and liked it but not enough for me to pick up the floppies (I will trade wait). The build-up and suspense was nicely paced but as soon as I started the last issue of the trade, I felt as though there wasn't going to be a "conclusion" and I was right. I would have liked for this particular story arc to finish but it looks like it's being drawn out for upcoming issues. It wasn't so much that it left on a cliffhanger but more on the level of "oh, the story continues".

For like a second. I'm pretty sure that anyone below Sanji would have struggled to beat Blueno, even after training
Doesn't matter. Blueno was the first to have his tekkai broken (by the third strongest member on the team) and his next fight against Luffy was lost handily. Blueno won nothing, unless you count beating up Galley-La randoms (and some of the head workman).
EXTRAXM2015001_PREVIEW-3.png

So apparently the Terrigen Mist is not only killing mutants, but it's also sterilizing the mutants that are still alive. Ms. Marvel is also alluding towards this.
Not feeling this, but we'll see how it goes.
Emma's excellent and really under appreciated. Where Bendis leaves her might be the best thing he does with his run. I hope Lemire or one of the other writers builds on to that.
I look forward to seeing that, since I'm really enjoying Bendis' run.
You done fucked up now, kid
610085.jpg
Don't care. His art on Morrison's run is not good.
Can the X-Men movies just bomb so the rights go back to Marvel and we can stop pretending people actually care about the Inhumans?

How do a bunch of incestuous space racists work as your minority metaphor anyway?
Because they aren't replacing mutants with Inhumans? The hate erection is real, apparently.
Same

That was my least favourite so far. 30's good though.

29 was super easy.
D-Walker + Gattling gun = LOLOLOLOL. I finished that shit in under three minutes. The gattling gun eviscerates that Skulls.

If nothing else the Hellcat book is going to look lovely

I like. Who's the official art-er on that book?

Finished SiP last night. Often a brutally tough and emotionally draining read, but a truly rewarding experience in the end. Stuff like this and Sunstone are why I wish we had more in the way of well done romance comics these days.

Great story. Romance comics were pretty uncommon for a while, but they seem to be making a comeback. Marvel's Secret Love one-shot was also really great. As for Sunstone, I don't think Sejic ever expected it to take off the way that it did, but it's a consistent Amazon best-seller now.

Messi

29 was super easy.
D-Walker + Gattling gun = LOLOLOLOL. I finished that shit in under three minutes. The gattling gun eviscerates that Skulls.

I like. Who's the official art-er on that book?

Great story. Romance comics were pretty uncommon for a while, but they seem to be making a comeback. Marvel's Secret Love one-shot was also really great. As for Sunstone, I don't think Sejic ever expected it to take off the way that it did, but it's a consistent Amazon best-seller now.

Brittney Williams

tumblr_mw6sznn2Yz1rtzymxo1_r3_500.jpg

tumblr_mw6sznn2Yz1rtzymxo3_r1_500.jpg

We'll see. There's clearly a market for them, at least.

Messi

Sejic's Sunstone DeviantArt page has a silly number of views and did even before the books started being physically published. Currently it has 14,644,064 Pageviews

Squire

Banned

Darryl Ayo has got a pretty good tweet roll going against Frank Cho

'hey, uh, my name is Frank Cho and when i was an Ignatz judge, i nominated MYSELF'

'oh uh my name is Frank Cho, i think i'm fighting for free expression and shaking up the squares but i draw books for Marvel exclusively'

'what up what up what up, it's your boy Frank Cho and i have been pounding this Milo Manara Spider-Woman cover for like a year now.'

'i can't believe that Frank Cho is the eminem, i'm just joking, the Fred Durst of drawing sex comics'

bwahahah

PS: ignore post if you're tired of ElNarez and me talking crap about Cho. Thanks!

Nope. Fuck Frank until the end of days and thanks for posting. 👌

Nope. Fuck Frank until the end of days and thanks for posting. 👌

Jesus Christ, you guys act like you're dropping fucking revelations. Everyone knows what kind of art Frank Cho does. And that's fine, that's his thing. Just like J. Scott Campbell has his thing.

Squire

Banned
BKs right. I can't think of a book where the writing and the art are further apart than New X-Men.

Jesus Christ, you guys act like you're dropping fucking revelations. Everyone knows what kind of art Frank Cho does. And that's fine, that's his thing. Just like J. Scott Campbell has his thing.

They both suck and don't understand the context in which they do what they do and, like one of those tweets says, why it's creepy. I really like their particular school of art, just not either of them.

But all I did was thank Ed for posting. I know Frank has no chill (I read the tweets), but do you? No one is really acting like they're presenting revelatory info here. You seem more bothered than anyone else.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Comics, right guys?
Also, finally got around to reading Pax Romana. Loved it. I need more time travel recs. There is not enough time travel things, I am running out in all mediums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom