• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something better.
God forbid we have books available for purchase where the main point of them is that the characters court each other rather than more books where character punch their problems over and over again.

Cho and JSC have both made their careers on cheesy pin-up art. It's not hurting anyone, and it must be working since they're both famous. You guys need to find something new to bitch about, because saying they're terrible artists when they're clearly not isn't going to help your argument.

Funny how no one actually ever said Frank Cho was a bad artist

just has a shitty attitude we like to talk shit about

Freeza with the assist. It's tired at this point.
No! Your face is tired! Take that, Zombone!

Picked up some books at the library. They had King City but I couldn't find it on the shelf. Hopefully they'll tell me once they find it.

5es1jik.jpg

Picked up FF Epic collection because it listed Simonson as one of the writers.

Have no idea about the Ultimate Galactus Trilogy but picked up because Ellis. (I hope I don't need too much knowledge of the Ultimate universe to enjoy this).

What are we if we don't have romance?

New 52.

Picked up some books at the library. They had King City but I couldn't find it on the shelf. Hopefully they'll tell me once they find it.

Picked up FF Epic colelction because it listed Simonson as one of the writers.

Have no idea about the Ultimate Galactus Trilogy but picked up because Ellis. (I hope I don't need too much knowledge of the Ultimate universe to enjoy this).

New 52.

Do you know about Grendel and how the sequential order is spread across 4 different omnis?

Squire

Banned
Cho and JSC have both made their careers on cheesy pin-up art. It's not hurting anyone, and it must be working since they're both famous. You guys need to find something new to bitch about, because saying they're terrible artists when they're clearly not isn't going to help your argument.

Freeza with the assist. It's tired at this point.

Please. You guys oughtta stop posting like babies. Real talk.

?

Is the suggested reading order different from the chronological release order? I think I would prefer to read it in the released order.

Yeah. The stories are all out of release order. I haven't read them, but apparently they reference each other, which would be pretty annoying.

EDIT: To clarify, the suggested reading order is the release order, but the omnis do not have the stories in release order; they have them sorted by character.

God forbid we have books available for purchase where the main point of them is that the characters court each other rather than more books where character punch their problems over and over again.

That said, SiP does involve quite a bit of addressing problems with violence over and over again.

They tried:

They printed the Catwoman/Batman story in the UK Batman reprint book, it was so fucking bad.

I want to say that this just shows it needs to be well done romance, but then I think about the kind of romance prose fiction that has been big lately and I know that is, sadly, not actually the case. :x

Messi

I want to say that this just shows it needs to be well done romance, but then I think about the kind of romance prose fiction that has been big lately and I know that is, sadly, not actually the case. :x

Sunstone is great BDSM, 50 shades is not. This infuriates me.

VanWinkle

Check out what I bought today at Books-a-Million:

Grh_CYNJQ5q9_PJaev_Ux_HBp_Jao_Na_S4e_Ifp_YTu_GYHQlcnks_Sx_TT.jpg

It's so awesome! Really big, coffee table book sized, too. Thick hardcover slipcase, wonderful book binding, etc. They had it for 50% off, which made it only $25, so I went for it.

50 Shades started life as Twilight fan-fiction. Sunstone did not.

Right. Also Sunstone's main relationship probably isn't unhealthy, troubling, and heterosexual enough to get widespread attention.

It's so awesome! Really big, coffee table book sized, too. Thick hardcover slipcase, wonderful book binding, etc. They had it for 50% off, which made it only $25, so I went for it.

Slick!

Messi

Can you guys, like, take it easy?

btfzRvg.gif

I just seen a picture of Rick Remender. I had never seen Rick Remender before. That is not what I expected him to look like. It has made me realize that I don't know what many creators actually look like. I could probably count on two hands the people I know. Sejic, Babs Tarr, Cameron Stewart,Terry Moore, Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Jim Lee, Snyder, Capullo.

I have no idea what BKV or Fiona Staples look like.

Ooh nice! my Grandparents in law gave me this for Xmas. It's very cool and has quite a bit of info on DC I was missing.

V true. I need romance in my comics to be good. Im not gonna buy a romance comic if I think its bad just because its a romance book, the same way Im not gonna buy a bad cape book just because.

That said, SiP does involve quite a bit of addressing problems with violence over and over again.
It has been ages since I read SiP and remember nothing. I really need to track that giant paperback down.

Im not exactly sure who represents me in this gif but I assume the stars at the end

I just seen a picture of Rick Remender. I had never seen Rick Remender before. That is not what I expected him to look like. It has made me realize that I don't know what many creators actually look like. I could probably count on two hands the people I know. Sejic, Babs Tarr, Cameron Stewart,Terry Moore, Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Jim Lee, Snyder, Capullo.

Annie Wu is cool. I'd hang out with her if I was that cool.

Hagi

btfzRvg.gif

I always pictured Remender as a Ed Brubaker looking guy myself. He looks kinda like Geoff Keighley if you squint.

btfzRvg.gif

I've seen pics of Jim Lee with his shirt off. Dude lifts.

tim1138

My wife gave me that for Christmas, it's a really nice book. I also have that mammoth Taschen 75 Years of DC book. It's the biggest book I own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom