• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Waid is done after #6.

72iuQr0.jpg

You going to LBCC? I won't be there but I'd like to see what sketches you end up getting.
yuuup! sucks that you nor Kipp can make it though. i'll post the sketches after tomorrow's show since i'm going back
Cincy Comic Con pick ups

B'wana Beast commission (he's riding a giant sized version of my dog) via a local artist. She goes by @JABisaheel on Twitter and Instagram

Chris Burnham Batman of Zur-En-Arrh five minute sketch (first time he's ever drawn him)

Toby Cypress' art book and a Kyle Rayner sketch

Miss Martian sketch

Ming Doyle signed copy of Mara

GHA Simon variant

Cameron Stewart Batgirl print
these pickups are dope! CCC sounds fun
Thanks man!

As always it was a great show. It's as much fun to walk to around and talk to creators as it is to buy anything. It's a super relaxed, laid back atmosphere and you can tell the creators are having a good time. Although it was a major bummer to find out Ryan Browne had 15 issues of GHA plotted out but knew after 5 issues he had to end it soon.

that sucks. Jimmie Robinson told me basically the same thing at SDCC regarding Five Weapons, which was a bummer to hear

I know the art's going to improve in later issues but this fucking panel in the first issue of Strange Girl:
n3DXW6y.png

edit so I don't freezapost:
Read the first two issues and it's got a very interesting premise that's for sure. I've always enjoyed Remender's dialogue so it's a fun read. Kinda funny that I'm reading another series featuring hell and demons and whatnot so quickly after getting into Hellboy over the summer. Not what I was expecting to get into when I was a kid reading 60s Amazing Spider-Man years ago lol

Tizoc

They are trying to have X-men without actually having X-men. They don't really have another property to push as an ensemble without veering into shit like West Coast Avengers. They lucked out with Space Avengers so why not try their hand at notMutant Avengers.

The thing here is that nobody cared about the Inhumans their 3rd phase wold've been fine without an X-men-like expy if they couldn't get X-men to be part of the MCU to begin with.

Maybe they just realized that the awesomeness of Black Bolt needs to be shared.

Now that's a good response, but is the world ready for the king of kickass?
Will the king of kickass even be featured in Inhumans?

Shade The Changing Man #4 - #7: Three more amazing issues. The stopover in Hollywood was great fun (I loved the noir style narration) but the New York issues was pure genius.
You hear me Gregory Stephenson? Don't be too proud to admit defeat...
. Simon and Garfunkel's Boxer was playing in the back of my mind while I was reading those pages.

The letters to the editor pages continue to be interesting. They also prove that Birdie's (probably justified) rant was one for the ages. The letter writers seem hung up on the fact that this Shade is so much different from Ditko's Shade. They keep asking why Milligan didn't use his own new characters if he was going to ignore old continuity.

Also, this answer by Karen. It has got to be the original idea/pitch for Justice League Dark.
Shade is among Peter Milligan's best work, there was also this kickass short from a few years ago (no spoilers but it's def. worth watching)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqTrdptLRrs

Batman #42: Capullo giving Maggie serious man face here. She doesn't look at all like she does normally and it's kind of jarring. I do find it amusing that beating the villain of the week cost at least $15 million dollars (cost of the bat truck).

Hagi

Metal Gear still owns me. I'm eyeing that Mad Max game still sitting on the shelf, tho. MGS is wearing on me.

I thought it was just me this was happening to. I've "finished" the game and man I'm struggling to keep going. The sandbox trappings and all the base management bullshit are a real downer for this game. The core game play is the best MG has ever had just not a fan of what it's packaged in.

It going to be a long wait for Fallout 4.

I thought it was just me this was happening to. I've "finished" the game and man I'm struggling to keep going. The sandbox trappings and all the base management bullshit are a real downer for this game. The core game play is the best MG has ever had just not a fan of what it's packaged in.

It going to be a long wait for Fallout 4.

Nope, it definitely is wearing on me too, and I've probably got about half the time Freeza has.

But, at least MGO with this gameplay will be dope.

Messi

Kind of a punk thing with stealing Saya, but I get the feeling he might be getting setup in the long run.

that is such a high school thing to do though. Also he didn't steal anything Marcus was trying to two time saya and maria. Going as far as to cheat on her

that is such a high school thing to do though. Also he didn't steal anything Marcus was trying to two time saya and maria. Going as far as to cheat on her
It is, but it's still shitty. And you're right, Marcus was also shitty with the whole situation, pining for Saya, but not having the balls to break up with Maria. Still Willie shouldn't have done that to his friend though.

I really don't know how you all deal with ads in your monthly comics. You get a nice flow going and then there is a page with "BATMAN! This time, he's gone too far!!!" or an advert for some random Steven Seagal movie. Such a painful way to read. Ugh.

I really don't know how you all deal with ads in your monthly comics. You get a nice flow going and then there is a page with "BATMAN! This time, he's gone too far!!!" or an advert for some random Steven Seagal movie. Such a painful way to read. Ugh.
Digital future! No ads in my funny books!

Messi

Digital master race has not got this problem. I picked up a floppy the other day and was shocked by how many ads were in it. You just get used to not seeing them in digital.

Though dc had ads after the cover this month. Hmmmm

Digital ain't got that.

Digital future! No ads in my funny books!

I wonder if that will change as digital starts gaining on print distribution. At least omnibuses are free of ads. (Though the latest one I bought has ads on the inside flap of the dust jacket. :/)

Digital master race has not got this problem. I picked up a floppy the other day and was shocked by how many ads were in it. You just get used to not seeing them in digital.

Though dc had ads after the cover this month. Hmmmm

Boogiepop

Don't have much experience with them myself since I don't buy floppies, but questionable ad placement can occasionally make for hilarity. My favorite was, if I'm remembering correctly, was from when I borrowed a Phantom Stranger floppy from a friend. The lead up page was something like him reaching heaven or something and somebody may have been making a face of awe, and I believe the next actual page was the reveal shot. But of course, thanks to a two page ad in the middle, you flip the page and it's a big spread of Joker cackling at you or something, and he may or may not have been missing his face. At the very least, I found it to be a hilarious "wait, what?" type moment.

Edit: Oh god, ads for out of print stuff in things that just came out are so stupid. During like the whole run of One Piece doing their first catch up to the Japanese volumes, they just kept putting ads for the first Color Walk art book in the back of the volumes. Of course, the darn thing had been terribly out of print for a while then and was running like several times over MSRP used (it seems to have stabilized since then). Just so, so stupid.

They do kinda suck, don't they? They're about as qualified as most government employees. What kind of test do I need to take to become a Jedi? What's the application fee? $15? I think 80+ midiclorian count gets a call back for an interview.

I'm a government employee...

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom