• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used to be team veronica back in the day but maan betty in this archie reboot is too much. no way can veronica match up to her when she finally gets more play in the story.

Messi

In the issues, or just promo art? Because I don't remember her being in either issue.

EDIT: I completely forgot that scene. It feels like about 60 years since the last issue of Archie.

Issue #2

vzvhDsW.jpg

tim1138

I had went to SDCC for a years before I started to talk/interact with creators. I'd always avoid going through Artist Alley. Just in the past two years, that's where I spend the majority of my time. Besides, who goes to SDCC for comic-related stuff anyway??

Lovin' what you got, tim. Especially that B'wana Beast one.

Thanks man! I love the B'Wana Beast so much, it's by a local artist (you can find her on Twitter and Instagram as @JABisaheel) that we met last year. I kept in touch with her online and when I decided to get a B'Wana commission I knew her cartooning style would be a perfect fit for what I had in mind. She did such a great job of capturing the personality of both B'Wana and our dog.

Guys, Deadly Class is an emotional roller coaster. I'm not sure who I love and who I hate. It's a super fun read though. Think I have an issue or two that wasn't on sale to read.

Messi

Safest just to assume that they're all self-serving assholes.

I'm not entirely convinced that Willie is a shitbag.
I think he is just a poser. Who has lied and lied and ended up in this situation so now he has to act like a hardman.

Is there a big version of that recent inhuman run coming out or did I imagine that?

Sandfox

I forget what happened to him, but it doesn't matter, it's vanilla Beast.

I don't see Medusa doing anything that's going to really position her as a villain.

Both sides are probably going to be portrayed in the right in their main ongoings so the conflict should be interesting enough as long as it doesn't take a Civil War turn, which I don't think either writer wants to do lol.

I'm not entirely convinced that Willie is a shitbag.
I think he is just a poser. Who has lied and lied and ended up in this situation so now he has to act like a hardman.

Is there a big version of that recent inhuman run coming out or did I imagine that?

There is:

INHUMAN HC
Written by CHARLES SOULE
Penciled by JOE MADUREIRA, RYAN STEGMAN, PEPE LARRAZ & ANDRE ARAUJO
Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
Marvel’s newest heroes are born! The Terrigen Mist spread worldwide, triggering latent genes and transforming normal people into Inhumans! But as the mysterious Lash takes an unwanted interest in the new Inhumans and the newly transformed Flint’s world falls apart, Medusa finds herself ruling the Inhumans alone, her husband Black Bolt believed dead. When the Unspoken stages a coup, Flint and his fellow NuHumans must step up and embrace their destiny! Meanwhile, Black Bolt is alive, allied with his mad brother Maximus — but why? What is the Ennilux Corporation, and how does it affect the Inhumans’ future? Lash continues his recruitment drive, but what is his true agenda? And the scheming Lineage, lurking in the background since the beginning, finally shows his hand. All the complex threads come together for a truly Inhuman climax! Collecting INHUMAN #1-14 and ANNUAL #1.
344 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-9557-3
Trim size: oversized

Messi

There is:

Oh awesome

Issue 14
where Marcus thinks Saya killed Maria and I think he's deciding to kill her. Maria getting poisoned was maybe the biggest punch for me in the series so far though

Everyone does come off as some kind of unlikable.

That moment hurt me deeply.
i was so glad all my faves made it through that big fight and the dad stuff on the bridge and then those final few pages hurt. Taking away my favorite character from me :(

Everything since is like ...
no please. Think about this.

Nice avatar Hagi, what is it from?

Team Betty is strong in Fiona Staples artstyle. But Veronica is fierce.

I actually ordered a sub from Archie Comics - first 14 issues for 32 bucks. Value.

Just wanted to chime in and share in the love for the Archie re-boot and Staples' art. I'm not sure how Archie goes on without Staples - her character designs have been 100% on point.

Waid and Staples' plan for Veronica has to be out of this world, for no other reason than Betty is already a supernova. For Archie's "choice" to be difficult (and for us readers to care about that choice), it has to be that way. I'm looking forward to it.

Messi

I actually ordered a sub from Archie Comics - first 14 issues for 32 bucks. Value.

Just wanted to chime in and share in the love for the Archie re-boot and Staples' art. I'm not sure how Archie goes on without Staples - her character designs have been 100% on point.

Waid and Staples' plan for Veronica has to be out of this world, for no other reason than Betty is already a supernova. For Archie's "choice" to be difficult (and for us readers to care about that choice), it has to be that way. I'm looking forward to it.

Well #3 is Fiona's last issue :(

I agree that Veronica has work to do to hit Bettys level.

--

Deadly class. What is wrong with Willie? Willie is awesome. He just treats it like school and a gang.

Messi

Annie Wu is doing #4:

Doesn't her Veronica look a lot like Kate Bishop? Not that that's a bad thing.

Veronica Fish is doing #5 and #6, and possibly #7 as well:

They've said artists will be rotated on a regular basis.

Love Wu already and Fishs art is great looking. Good fit imo.

I hope Staples comes back in the next saga break.

Shade The Changing Man #4 - #7: Three more amazing issues. The stopover in Hollywood was great fun (I loved the noir style narration) but the New York issues was pure genius.
You hear me Gregory Stephenson? Don't be too proud to admit defeat...
. Simon and Garfunkel's Boxer was playing in the back of my mind while I was reading those pages.

The letters to the editor pages continue to be interesting. They also prove that Birdie's (probably justified) rant was one for the ages. The letter writers seem hung up on the fact that this Shade is so much different from Ditko's Shade. They keep asking why Milligan didn't use his own new characters if he was going to ignore old continuity.

Also, this answer by Karen. It has got to be the original idea/pitch for Justice League Dark.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Annie Wu is doing #4:

Doesn't her Veronica look a lot like Kate Bishop? Not that that's a bad thing.

Veronica Fish is doing #5 and #6, and possibly #7 as well:

They've said artists will be rotated on a regular basis.

Wu has a very specific face-type she likes to go to. Black Canary is the same thing. That said she does it very well. I love her work. She's super expressive.

Pretty sure Fish is the full time artist after Wu

You'd be wrong.

Veronica (great name, too!) really captured the youthful, energetic vibe we were looking for, so it made perfect sense to have her step in and finish out the first six-issue arc. Veronica’s a real hidden gem. Mark my words – she’ll be a star before she’s done working on these two issues.

Pellerito says the first twelve issues of the series are mapped out, and the publisher will continue to tap rotating artists to keep the book going. So far, it’s three-for-three in terms of bringing on women to do art for the series, though he didn’t indicate if that’ll be the trend after Fish finishes her issues.

I wouldn't be mad if she stays on full-time though. Just keep the art to a high standard and we're good, IMO.

That moment hurt me deeply.
i was so glad all my faves made it through that big fight and the dad stuff on the bridge and then those final few pages hurt. Taking away my favorite character from me :(

Everything since is like ...
no please. Think about this.
Right, I thought things would kind of even out and get normalish, but that happened and then 14, everything seems like it's going to shit now. I feel you on Maria, she was my favorite too :(

Messi

Right, I thought things would kind of even out and get normalish, but that happened and then 14, everything seems like it's going to shit now. I feel you on Maria, she was my favorite too :(

I am praying she is not dead by some miracle as we didn't see her after the poison but I know deep in my heart that she is dead :(

Busaiku

All of that looks great, but I'm not at all a fan of rotating artists.
Especially worse if they change in the middle of an arc.

Messi

I'm sure it's easier to convince these artists to do 1-3 issue stints than to get them to commit to being a series artist. They were never going to get Staples or Wu as a full time artist.

Busaiku

Maybe they can get Ms. Wu when Black Canary gets canceled in 3 months.
I don't really want it to be canceled though.

I'm sure it's easier to convince these artists to do 1-3 issue stints than to get them to commit to being a series artist. They were never going to get Staples or Wu as a full time artist.

Maybe if we'd all backed that Kickstarter, we could have got Fiona off Sega (thanks MuddyDonut, now I will always call it that).

anaron

I though Fish was a mainstay?

I think her work appears to be the perfect middle between Staples and Wu, so that'd be disappointing

On rotating artist for Archie, I honestly don't mind it as long as Mark Waid continues these sort of single issues stories.

I really enjoy how episodic they have been so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom