• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always 5 new Bat family books waiting in the wings to devour the fresh carcasses of those who dared reach for the stars, such is the way of DC.

my bad

We've had DC You, now it's time for DC Puddin', with Harley Quinn now in every book, all the time! Because YOU demanded it!

I'm guessing that October launch was delayed. Johns & Frank's secret project still hasn't been announced. Supergirl still has to show her face too.

Messi

Now is the time. Announce Batwoman and Question ongoing by Rucka and Hammer.

edit: God damn it, double posting so often recently.

Justice League United AND The Omega Men?

tim, please post if you're okay.

Tim right now:

tumblr_n43ulvQwvi1rskk8io2_500.gif

My one piece of consolation in this dark time is that it's still clear that Bleeding Cool was talking out of its ass. Because whatever else you can say about those 5 books, none of them were "batgirling" titles.
By DC's definition they were books doing things outside of continuity. I think DC looks at these books and go "so where does it all go in the end? Can we have another book where this character is put in a important role than where they are now?"

By DC's definition they were books doing things outside of continuity. I think DC looks at these books and go "so where does it all go in the end? Can we have a book where this character is put in a important role than where they are now?"

Maybe I buy that for Omega Men (damn editorial) and JLU. But the others? What do they care about Lobo?

EDIT: I mean, Lobo was their worst selling title by a pretty healthy margin. So there's that. But Doomed and Gotham by Midnight are definite question marks.

Squire

Banned
Starfire deserves all the success. Atlee seems super cool. I don't read Harley, but I'd gladly take a crossover. Why not.

Well right now they are doing well with the fish out of water thing. They have just teamed her up with Terra which is a cool move.
I don't know if I want an entire book being a fish out of water story. I got enough of it in the Teen Titans cartoon. I feel like you can do great things with her in space. It could be a sci-fi comedy/parody.
Maybe I buy that for Omega Men (damn editorial) and JLU. But the others? What do they care about Lobo?
DC probably now noticed that new Lobo isn't gaining popularity compared to old school Lobo and so they don't want to waste anymore time with the character.

Was old school lobo even popular enough to carry a series? He always struck me as a character that was fun to show up every once in awhile but would get old quick.

Was old school lobo even popular enough to carry a series? He always struck me as a character that was fun to show up every once in awhile but would get old quick.

Personally, I also find him better in small doses, but he's got a reasonable fanbase, which NuLobo definitely lacks.

In other news, how does this "twitter campaign" thing work? I wanna save The Omega Men.

He appeals on a superficial level to the same crowd that like Deadpool, but he has none of Wade's depth as a character. To most who know who Lobo is, he's just kewl because he's got a bike that files and he looks like an Alice Cooper roadie. I've never liked him apart from that one Justice League episode, and the time Wolverine beat him in one panel.

Also, I clicked on that Wolverine vs. Raiden thread and everything is terrible and I hate life.

Messi

they're taking valentine off Catwoman? fuck you DC

Moving her over to the Batman and Robin eternal. I am sure she will have another book after that event. Wouldnt even be suprised if she was tasked with reviving Batwoman. That would be awesome.

they're taking valentine off Catwoman? fuck you DC

In all fairness, her storyline is wrapping up anyway. Maybe better to get new blood for the new/old status quo.

I don't think DC cares about anything that isn't sales.

Naw. Contrary to their reputation, they do let well-liked books stick around despite sales. Gotham Academy and Prez are the most recent examples, but my all-time fav (Blue Beetle '06) never sold particularly well and it got more than 40 issues. There's others as well, of course.

We can totally do this.

Busaiku

Catwoman, Justice League 3001, and Midnighter are all doing worse than Gotham Academy.
Martian Manhunter, Doctor Fate, Red Hood Arsenal, and Black Canary will probably fall below it too.

Gotham Academy will survive the next round.

Naw. Contrary to their reputation, they do let well-liked books stick around despite sales. Gotham Academy and Prez are the most recent examples, but my all-time fav (Blue Beetle '06) never sold particularly well and it got more than 40 issues. There's others as well, of course.

We can totally do this.

40 issues would be considered a very long run, these days. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

I think Justice League 3001 is screwed, it definitely won't survive losing Howard Porter to Superman. The amount of bad press they would get for shitcanning Gotham Academy and Black Canary would not be worth it, imo.

We can totally do this.

Yeah, but I'm not sure that applies to DC at this particular moment.

Hagi

Moving her over to the Batman and Robin eternal. I am sure she will have another book after that event. Wouldnt even be suprised if she was tasked with reviving Batwoman. That would be awesome.

I'd read a Kate book with her as writer. In fact I'll give whatever ongoing she lands on a go.

Squire

Banned

We can totally do this.

Was that run anything like the Blue Beetle Convergence book? I really liked that.

I got some stuff back from the framers that I forgot to post.

Some of the stuff Bii got me at SDCC (that I will never be able to thank him enough for)

Allycat sketch (my pride and joy)

Sunstone 5 covers print

Sunstone Dragon fantasy

Revival by Jenny Frison

Olivia :) it's huge

Wow, very nice. Super nifty. :eek:

I got some stuff back from the framers that I forgot to post.

Some of the stuff Bii got me at SDCC (that I will never be able to thank him enough for)

Allycat sketch (my pride and joy)

Sunstone 5 covers print

Sunstone Dragon fantasy

Revival by Jenny Frison

Olivia :) it's huge
You can't hide that poster of The Man with the Iron Fist.

tim1138

With DC killing nearly everything I love (JL3K1 won't be far behind with Porter being pulled from it to take over Superman), the least they can do is put real creative teams on Flash and Green Lantern and end the god awful Robert Venditti garbage runs.

But fuck comics

I read The Valiant #1 the other night and I did like it.

That one just gets better. All-time favorite event.

Might as well wait for more bundles. I kind of want more Unity, though. There's been a real shortage of "superhero team does superhero things" lately and what I read from the Groupees bundle was very like that.

I love Unity because of just that. Plus, Kindt has such a great handle on all the characters, it was such a surprise to me even when I started falling in love with Valiant. I'm curious what Kindt is going to work on after Unity ends. Actually, it may not be such a mystery... he's doing Operation Deadside, he may just spin it off into a Shadowman ongoing. Valiant likes to do things in these 25 issue cycles, which is sad because the series ends, but they usually spring up again in a new series and they use the opportunity to spark new ongoings with characters that haven't been done yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom