• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

It's the Wolverine effect(except worse), which is stupid.
Superheroes are only cool when they're Batman or Wolverine.

I've learned that over the years.
Can anyone explain to me why Flash looks like a transmetal after Convergence?
DC and Marvel

Oh boy...um....well...Scarlet Witch rewrote reality multiple times.

Superheroes are only cool when they're Batman or Wolverine.

I've learned that over the years.

Can anyone explain to me why Flash looks like a transmetal after Convergence?

Oh boy...um....well...Scarlet Witch rewrote reality multiple times.

I thought Scarlet Witch wasn't actually magic.

Can't speak for Marvel, but DC spellcasters tend to have a "power as the plot demands" problem. Ranking them is thus basically impossible.

I thought Scarlet Witch wasn't actually magic.

Can't speak for Marvel, but DC spellcasters tend to have a "power as the plot demands" problem. Ranking them is thus basically impossible.

It's not known what Wanda is anymore. Originally, she was a mutant with the power of "probability control," which allows her to do whatever the fuck she wants if she wants it bad enough.
However, she has always referred to her powers as "Chaos Magic" and/or "Hex Magic," something that nobody seems to refute. Now she (along with her brother Quicksilver) have been retconned into being byproducts of the High Evolutionary's experiments instead of mutants.

So who the fuck knows if she's actually magical or not, but it's what I'm going with.

Ooh yay lists.

Darth Vader #10
Doctor Strange #1
Invincible Iron Man #1
Shattered Empire #2
Secret Wars #6
Star Wars #10

I'll wait for reactions on Spidey.

Gail Simone and Nicola Scott revamp heroines of Dynamite, oversee new line

For decades, fans have followed the adventures of Red Sonja, Vampirella and Dejah Thoris, be it in the pages of pulps and comic books, or on television and film. In 2016, all three will headline their own solo comic series at Dynamite Entertainment, with each iconic character sporting a redesign by artist Nicola Scott and following a new direction overseen by Gail Simone.

In January, "Red Sonja" #1 arrives from writer Marguerite Bennett and artist Aneke. In the months following, Frank J. Barbiere will write a new "Dejah Thoris" series, while Kate Leth scripts a new "Vampirella" ongoing. No artists or release dates have been announced for the latter two titles.

Red Sonja:
RSRedesign2015-NicolaScott-c33f8.jpg

Dejah Thoris:
DejahRedesign2015-NicolaScott-cc4a7.jpg

Vampirella:
VampiRedesign2015-NicolaScott-f471b.jpg

I think the new designs look pretty good. Clothes for these characters, what a concept!

Kate Leth Vampirella is going to just be Buffy, and that's fine with me.

Godlike sale, tbh. So much good stuff on offer.

Definitely gonna catch up on Lazarus and Southern Bastards, and probably try Nailbiter as well as it's the season for scary stuff.

It is. I would have $6 more to spend if Image had updated sooner. ;_;

So far, I've grabbed some Laz, Descender, and Fade Out.

Wait for the Thunderbolt TV show announcement early 2016.

But I don't even like TV, I just want my comics. =(

What would a Thunderbolts TV show even be? Probably the Ellis/Deodato era with the line-up from the early Busiek eras? Maybe they could put in Hawkeye like they did in the book if they could afford Renner for a whole show.

Owzers

i'm mixed on this sale, it's great, but i bought the first volume of trades for most things and don't want to switch over or have half and half. :/ Yet the second volumes are typically $8.99 vs $5 digital for five issues.

Owzers

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss this is great! Let's have our comics-gaf civil war for real as a tie-in?

Also the first Civil War was bad ( edited myself ), so much hype for so little anything. At least it had that one good Punisher moment.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
We already know that one of the first Captain Falcon Arcs will be called Civil War.
Its a civil war between Sam and Steve... Dont worry.

Messi

Lets get this off topic ball rolling. Hopefully this thread goes better than the last one. Or at the very least ill get the event cancelled.

Top Bottom