• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Messi

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

1nNMpnL.gif

Buy both, you wont be sorry. I will bet my ample comicgaf reputation on it.

No worries. I value your opinion highly, but I do have a week to buy it. I'll read the first one by then and make sure.

Just call whatever shop you bought it from and try to cancel it before they ship it, obv.

Or let it return to sender or whatever.

I bought it on CMX m8 :(

Looooooooool

I'm gonna try out Batman and Robin Eternal and Amazing Spider-Man this week. I didn't care for Batman Eternal but maybe this will be better. As for ASM... I really want to enjoy Spidey again.

Probably gonna buy some more issues of Batgirl too.

C. I dunno what's worse, this or DKR 3.

This.
DKR should at the very least be an amusing trainwreck. Same as Bloodstrike.

I bought it on CMX m8 :(
Just give them a call, explain the situation and ask for the discount to be applied to your order. Or try to upgrade your order. Nothing to lose, really.

I'm lookly mostly for well-written sci-fi/horror comics, doesn't exactly have to be from big 2.

Mignolaverse. Hellboy, BPRD, Abe Sapien, Witchfinder, 1946-47-48, you name it. Mignolaverse is literally just that. Nonstop. Forever. Until it ends. Soon. Ish.

(also the best comics in the market)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hate him :D Really, I am so happy that he departed from BVB, so I dont have to endure him anymore on german televison. I really didnt liked how he always came across.

Bronx-Man

Banned
This.
DKR should at the very least be an amusing trainwreck. Same as Bloodstrike.

Just give them a call, explain the situation and ask for the discount to be applied to your order. Or try to upgrade your order. Nothing to lose, really.

Mignolaverse. Hellboy, BPRD, Abe Sapien, Witchfinder, 1946-47-48, you name it. Mignolaverse is literally just that. Nonstop. Forever. Until it ends. Soon. Ish.

(also the best comics in the market)

Nameless is a sci-fi horror book by Morrison. Probably gonna be up your alley if you like his stuff.

Haven't read all of it yet but I enjoyed the first issue.

The Death-Defying Dr. Mirage
Annihilator
Rumble
I'll be on the lookout, thanks!

But Vampirella fights vampires, not zombies. :|

EDIT: Nobody? Come on!

0OwprsM.jpg

I mean, she even has the bow gun like Claire! How did Nicola not realize?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Awesome Comixology sale. The remaining volumes of Saga, Southern Bastards, Wytches Vol 1, Rat Queens Vol 2....

And I thought this was gonna be a light week!

Hagi

Its been great

If there wasn't a metric tonne of Image titles on sale I'd pick it up right now because we seem to like most of the same things. Speaking of I have no idea what to buy, there's too much choice.

Here's my short-list

Shutter
Outcast
Velvet
Nailbiter
Lazarus
Rumble
Wytches

Everything Hickman and Remender I'm buying physical so everything else is fair game.

Messi

If there wasn't a metric tonne of Image titles on sale I'd pick it up right now because we seem to like most of the same things. Speaking of I have no idea what to buy, there's too much choice.

Here's my short-list

Shutter
Outcast
Velvet
Nailbiter
Lazarus
Rumble
Wytches

Everything Hickman and Remender I'm buying physical so everything else is fair game.

Saga, Rat Queens, Sex Crims, Zero too

Hagi

Saga, Rat Queens, Sex Crims, Zero too

Does Rat Queens not suffer with the constant art changes? I'm sure I had the first volume with the original guy and enjoyed it. I've got the OHC for Saga and collect trades for Sex Crims so I'll look into Zero even though I'm not overly keen on Kot.

i bought The Valiant, maybe i've made a terrible mistake.

It's good just don't buy any Eternal Warrior then you really will have made a mistake.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, its awful. I cant watch the Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver Intro without getting sad.
What a wonderful world. It needs a movie or something.

I thought Scarlet Witch wasn't actually magic.

Can't speak for Marvel, but DC spellcasters tend to have a "power as the plot demands" problem. Ranking them is thus basically impossible.

I have a hard time ranking the mid tier ones, but I think in general from top to bottom

Spectre
Black Alice
Dr. Fate (Nabu in control)
Mordru
The Wizard
Klarion
Shade? (If he counts as magic)
Then I suppose the Wizard's champions (Shazam/Black Adam), Wotan, then it becomes really hazy.

Unsure where Phantom Stranger fits in, he seems knowledgeable but I haven't read too many of his books. Same for Arion, Circe, Neron & Amethyst.

Top Bottom