• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

ElNarez

Banned
It's funny you say that because with clinton almost guaranteed to win I think it's a lock that Wilson writes one team book and Bennet the other. Thompson on Generation X.

That would sell me on this way more than "hey, here's just Titles From The 1990s".

Marvel not seeing announcing creators as essential is some fucking wack-ass Inhumanity shit and I can't stand it.

e: my genuine predictions are Bunn on Blue, Lemire on Gold, Hopeless on Gen X, Thompson on Jean Grey, Taylor on Weapon X, Zdarsky on Iceman and Walker on Cable

Hey birdie, I was looking up trade release dates earlier and damn man, I know you're reading it so I gotta ask...
that's totally Giurescu on the cover of the current witchfinder series isn't it!

Messi

Would that be good or bad?
Most of these names dont say me anything...

You should know who G Willow Wilson (Ms Marvel) and Marguerite Bennett (Angela, Bombshells and soon Batwoman) are.

Also anyone who read Wilson's X-Men wouldn't be excited for her to helm a new X team book.

Zombine

Banned
My X-Men team:

Nightcrawler
Cyclops
Jean Grey
Colossus
Beast
Wolverine
Kitty Pride
Rogue
Psyloche
Emma Frost
Ice Man
Rogue
Magik
Rachel Summers
Storm

Yeah I'm boring, but talk about an awesome core group of characters that are both familiar and fun. Throw in random rookie x-men and you have a team that's rock solid. This also gives the team the ability to split into popular concepts like the "all Girl" team, etc.

Messi

My X-Men team:

Nightcrawler
Cyclops
Jean Grey
Colossus
Beast
Wolverine
Kitty Pride
Rogue
Psyloche
Emma Frost
Ice Man
Rogue
Magik
Rachel Summers
Storm

Yeah I'm boring, but talk about an awesome core group of characters that are both familiar and fun. Throw in random rookie x-men and you have a team that's rock solid.

Too many. Ban Zombine.

Please let Bachalo stay on Doctor Strange. It would be cliche and boring to have him back on X-Men. The best only exception would possibly be Gen X.

By Annie Wu for the WW anniversary issue:
tumblr_offnpc3qhl1qanpzuv1.jpg

ElNarez

Banned
Your X-Men teams are bloated, wack, and, biggest sin of all, lacking of a throughline, a theme one can explore. WATCH HOW IT'S DONE with ElNarez's dream X-Force lineup.

Pyslocke
Magneto
Celeste, Irma, and Phoebe Cuckoo
Fantomex
Shatterstar
Mystique

aaand Xorn. Yeah. That's mostly for the mindfuck factor.

If they put any of Marvels current crop of jobbers as the head writers in these xmen team books, then Comics truly need to be cancelled

Like how you gon promise change and use the same fucksticks that got them into this creative low point in franchise history

haha this might be one of my favourite issues of the entire series XD I totally get at it coming at totally the wrong time for you though, when you're so amped on the core narrative. I just thought was kind of beautiful and very spot on. It gave me the feels. I kind of remember feeling the same about the Shunka story though. I guess it just becomes more difficult for the writer and even the reader to an extent, as the main narrative ramps up to still have the patience to have these kind of issues when you really want to get to *the good stuff*. It's all another facet of what he's exploring with the larger themes, or building characters so you can be invested in them later with Shunka.

I definitely enjoyed both stories and I think they definitely have a place in the story Aaron is trying to tell. I just think he placed them in the wrong place structurally, after such a crazy volume you naturally expect a lull, but the story about the couple is the first time you see somwthing that doesn't tie back into the larger narrative. So it's like an expectations thing I guess.

I would've liked them spread out to some of the other trades where I think they would've worked better.

I definitely enjoyed both stories and I think they definitely have a place in the story Aaron is trying to tell. I just think he placed them in the wrong place structurally, after such a crazy volume you naturally expect a lull, but the story about the couple is the first time you see somwthing that doesn't tie back into the larger narrative. So it's like an expectations thing I guess.

I would've liked them spread out to some of the other trades where I think they would've worked better.

I totally appreciate that man, they take up the whole beginning of that volume right? So I don't disagree. You destroying more this weekend or are you pacing yourself out? You're gonna feel so empty when it's gone, at least that's always how I feel when I finish an amazing series. I kind of mourn for awhile, even if I think it was perfect (which Scalped is very close to being).

If they put any of Marvels current crop of jobbers as the head writers in these xmen team books, then Comics truly need to be cancelled

Like how you gon promise change and use the same fucksticks that got them into this creative low point in franchise history
Lemire gotta eat.

Warren Ellis tweeted he had it confirmed that Steve Dillon has died. Between Cooke and Dillon comics got hit hard this year.

His work on Preacher was great stuff

Top Bottom