• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Messi

Terry Moore tweeted that he announced at Paris comic con that Strangers in Paradise is returning in 2018 for the 25th anniversary.

I know people joke about X-Fans on CBR but Jesus:

1477091273867.png

"I WANT A CARTOON, A VIDEO GAME, A PANEL, AND A PONY, AND A SPACESHIP!"

Hagi

No it didnt
And mvc would need xvsf to be made first
but hey if u wanna talk mahvel vs sf the fg gaf thread is 2 mouse clicks away at least~

no it didn't? shit when did they stealth release MvC4 and why did nobody tell me about it?

Ross61

I know people joke about X-Fans on CBR but Jesus:

"I WANT A CARTOON, A VIDEO GAME, A PANEL, AND A PONY, AND A SPACESHIP!"

These are the kind of comic book fans that annoy me. "That's cute that your now taking our concerns and appropriately addressing them, but that's still not enough!"
Like, the entitlement reeks.

Hagi

man I don't cringe very often but people referring to themselves as Complexers sure does elicit that feeling in me...

TO ME, MY COMPLEXERS

RIP to Dillon. While his art was never really up my alley, he worked on quite a few legendary comics that people loved. Sad to hear about this.
So of the current CMX sales, are there any stand out issues people should try to grab not counting the TWD sale?

The Wonder Woman sale is GREAT. All of her good runs are included: Perez, Rucka, Simone, and the Legend of Wonder Woman mini by Busiek. I already got Legend, and I'm also thinking of getting the Simone stuff.

I wish CMX would get Hiketeia too, but at least it's easy to find physically now.

I totally appreciate that man, they take up the whole beginning of that volume right? So I don't disagree. You destroying more this weekend or are you pacing yourself out? You're gonna feel so empty when it's gone, at least that's always how I feel when I finish an amazing series. I kind of mourn for awhile, even if I think it was perfect (which Scalped is very close to being).

Now that my schedule is less in chaos, I'm trying to do a volume or so per day. So I should be finished soon.

I already know I'm going to feel empty afterwards. I'm so attached to so many of these characters, and especially the world (which is quite underrepresented).

--

Wow, just saw the news. RIP.

Dusknoir

Cool X-Men news, just hope the creative teams are great for your guy's sakes. The most I know from X-Men are from the Fox movies and the Evolution tv show, so I might pick up one of the new team books that were announced. Might even pick Uncanny Avengers # 15.

Snotgirl is not coming out next. It comes out November 16. I had to check on CMX for the new date. :(

Now that my schedule is less in chaos, I'm trying to do a volume or so per day. So I should be finished soon.

I already know I'm going to feel empty afterwards. I'm so attached to so many of these characters, and especially the world (which is quite underrepresented).

Well that's the other aspect to this whole book, right. As much as it's fiction and just this barnburner of a crime thriller / family drama, there are some genuinely stunning things you find out about native american culture as it has suffered and exists today. He plays it straight up the middle as too, there's as much commentary on how they've been mistreated by others as there is on how they've effectively mistreated themselves. It's fascinating and sad, and something I didn't know much about before. Just totally compelling stuff man.

RIP Steve Dillon
He popped up in UXM recently, I am not up to date on that book but Bunn seemed to be pretending that did not happen. Or I just scanned right by any brief mention of it.
He did directly reference Spurrier's X-Force, so it isn't completely forgotten
BEHOLD

THE OFFICIAL 501 PAGE CBR THREAD DEDICATED TO WHINING ABOUT THE PERSECUTION COMPLEX AGAINST XMEN FANS
http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?12517-The-Complex

EDIT: beaten
I'm pretty sure a persecution complex comes from feeling persecuted. Marvel can't have a persecution complex because they aren't feeling persscuted. So these "X-fans" are the only ones that have a persecution complex.

Voltron: Legendary Defender #3
This comic is still decent. That's about it. Good art and it has funny moments and dialogue and narration, which is nice, but it's not compelling. A nice fun adventure story. This issue in particular has a nice little gimmick with the ye old narrator, but the text size on the narration boxes (which look like scrolls) is really inconsistent and thus hard to read. Still an alright book so I'll keep following

Scalped - Vol. 8 - You Gotta Sin to Get Saved
[5/5]: Another fantastic volume, and everything seems to be gearing up as we head into the final two volumes. A couple of issues I've noted with this volume as well as the last. Structurally, the idea that Aaron uses of an event in the present then jumping back a bit to elaborate doesn't always pan out. That seems really strange to me that Aaron isn't managing to nail that as the non-linear story telling (with selective flashbacks to characters backstory) is a huge aspect of what makes the story telling in this comic so enjoyable.

Other then that, the build up has been great. The prison dialogue scene, despite being so small and short was quite intense just based on how the buildup has been going. It's also great to see the slow weariness set in on
Red Crow across the many volumes. You can really feel the weight of everything on his shoulders. Aaron and the art just do such a fantastic job with Red Crow, beyond any other character in the comic.

Top Bottom