• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

List - Spoopy Edition

Weavers 6

All-Star Batman 3
Deathstroke 4
Detective Comics 942
Doom Patrol 2
New Super-Man 4
Unfollow 12
Wonder Woman 8

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 63

Black Monday Murders 3
Black Science 25
The Fix 6
Kill or Be Killed 3
Lazarus 25

Clone Conspiracy 1
Daredevil 12
Darth Vader 25
Great Lakes Avengers 1
Moon Knight 7
Mosaic 1
Old Man Logan 12
Power Man and Iron Fist 9
Green Gunman 1
Unbelievable Gwenpool 7
Uncanny Avengers 15

Slim pickings outside the big 3 (which is probably good since they all have a lot of great books this week). No #1s except the Marvel Now books, boo.

TheFlow

Banned
List - Spoopy Edition

Weavers 6

All-Star Batman 3
Deathstroke 4
Detective Comics 942
Doom Patrol 2
New Super-Man 4
Unfollow 12
Wonder Woman 8

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 63

Black Monday Murders 3
Black Science 25
The Fix 6
Kill or Be Killed 3
Lazarus 25

Clone Conspiracy 1
Daredevil 12
Darth Vader 25
Great Lakes Avengers 1
Moon Knight 7
Mosaic 1
Old Man Logan 12
Power Man and Iron Fist 9
Green Gunman 1
Unbelievable Gwenpool 7
Uncanny Avengers 15

Slim pickings outside the big 3 (which is probably good since they all have a lot of great books this week). No #1s except the Marvel Now books, boo.

ooooooooo Weavers is going to finish this week huh, might as well buy it this week.(I am on issue (4)

no reborn for you?

Zombine

Banned
Thought about it. Not big on Millar.

tumblr_mljahjgL7B1qh2vcto1_500_zpsc44a3625.png~c200

TheFlow

Banned
American Vampire: Second Cycle #8

now this was a way better issue. The last couple pages were scary.

4/5

American Vampire:Second Cycle #9

eh it was decent, but honestly just another set up issue with tons of dialog.

3/5

American Vampire: Second Cycle #10

for a second I thought Snyder was going to a Remender, and he almost did, but Pearl was the voice of reason.

4/5

American Vampire: Second Cycle #11

Damn shit got real. Like what every you do, avoid the spoilers for this issue. This will change everything.

4/5

With that I have finished the second cycle. overall it is wayy inferior to the first cycle. Also shorter too.

I am still hyped for the next stuff, and third cycle. hard to believe the last issue came out in November of 2015.

Messi

Mission accomplished

Stjepan Sejic - Ally and Lisa

You wouldn't believe how over the moon I was with this. Stjepan was really nice. He was the reason I went to the con in the first place.

TheFlow

Banned
Future Quest #4

I gotta hand it to the the team working on this book, they are bringing back a lot of classic characters but in a fresh more modern way. Like this issue we got Mightor. The dialog is solid, and the art is amazing. The overall plot is on point too. Give us highlights of a bunch of characters on their homeworld before they are teleported to Earth. This book handles subplots well. Like This whole arc has just been introducing Earth and beyond Hannah Barbara characters but they do it so well that I don't even mind the plot going slow at times.

He looks so badass compared to this old school cartoon pic. Mightor
hqdefault.jpg

we also got

Frakenstein jr
58700c40aa9f1ce61ffb68b23b879dca.jpg

5/5

Future Quest #5

tons of action featuring Dinosaurs!

3/5 because half the issue was intense plot driven action and then it ends abruptly to set up the back story or w.e for a team I don't care about with different art than the first half of the issue. Also lots of 4th wall breaking in this one. I would given the issue 4 stars if wasn't for that weird attempt to introduce another team.

I guess they will grow on me, and I guess they also had a tv show. lol
6ff08970-e634-012f-a7dd-005056960004.jpg

the cover was fucking amazing on this issue though.

If you aren't reading future quest go buy the first issue. it is soo good. one of my favorite things that DC is doing. I actually wish this book could be double shipped.

edit: the variant covers for future quest are drop dead gorgeous. like I wanna hang them on my wall gorgeous.

Neoxon

The book does sound good, and the art looks incredible. Ill be honest, nova isn't a book I'd pick up on the strength of the character concept, I don't have much history with him beyond the annihilation HCs, so I'd only really.jump in on a strong creative team. These guys sound like they have a really fun book planned though so I'm definitely paying attention.
Amen to that, I'm really liking how they plan to have Richard & Sam play off of each other. Richard serves as Sam's mentor, while Sam serves as Richard's current events encyclopedia (which makes sense considering how long he's been gone). Not to mention that I'm really liking the art direction. I have a feeling that this Nova book is gonna be a lot of fun.

MG310

Saw the rest of your haul in the other thread Zombine...that Batgirl page is fantastic.

Also forgot my other auction win, Aquaman rebirth page because Bombshells has got me all hopped up on Mera.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Halfway through Annihilation Conquest Prologue I joked to myself that this was all about the
Phalanx
. You don't know how excited I was to get to the end and see that is exactly what it's about. The
Phalanx Covenant
is my favorite bad 90's X-men crossover.

Boogiepop

Okay, so, I read through what I had of Bendis's Invincible Iron Man, which was right up to the first full-on Civil War tie-in. And... I didn't love it. Like, I liked some of what it was doing, and some of it certainly did work. But damn, those long trailing conversations over a single panel in particular were just really not good, and his Tony isn't working great for me. And I REALLY don't like the maskless Doom in this run. Like, that just is not to my tastes in the slightest.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the current state of what Bendis is writing on this stuff, coming out of Civil War. There's SOMETHING happening with Riri, right? But is that Bendis, or is that just a book with her, or what? Because she was actually working for me pretty well, and I could be down for that, but otherwise I think I'm dropping this series down to "maybe when I next get MU I'll catch back up" status.

Can't love em all

Just woke up.
How did Trump? What did he say about the tapes?

Mess. Absolutelydisgusting

Okay, so, I read through what I had of Bendis's Invincible Iron Man, which was right up to the first full-on Civil War tie-in. And... I didn't love it. Like, I liked some of what it was doing, and some of it certainly did work. But damn, those long trailing conversations over a single panel in particular were just really not good, and his Tony isn't working great for me. And I REALLY don't like the maskless Doom in this run. Like, that just is not to my tastes in the slightest.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the current state of what Bendis is writing on this stuff, coming out of Civil War. There's SOMETHING happening with Riri, right? But is that Bendis, or is that just a book with her, or what? Because she was actually working for me pretty well, and I could be down for that, but otherwise I think I'm dropping this series down to "maybe when I next get MU I'll catch back up" status.

I believe Bendis will still be writing both of the Iron Man titles: Iron RiRi and Iron Doom

List

All-Star Batman #3
Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #3
Detective Comics #942
Doom Patrol #2
Flash #8
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #6
New Superman #4
Red Hood and the Outlaws #3
Supergirl #2
Superwoman #3
Wonder Woman #8

Reborn #1

Great Lakes Avengers #1
Mosaic #1
Old Man Logan #12
Power Man and Iron Fist #9
Punisher #6
Solo #1

Britannia #2
Wrath of the Eternal Warrior #12

Guys, seriously. If you're not reading Flintstones, you're missing out. They deal with important issues in smart and funny ways. Things you wouldn't expect to read about in a comic. It's a delightful book and you should all be reading it.

Owzers

Guys, seriously. If you're not reading Flintstones, you're missing out. They deal with important issues in smart and funny ways. Things you wouldn't expect to read about in a comic. It's a delightful book and you should all be reading it.
If we were to read it what kind of time would we have?

Owzers

I still need to watch No Mercy. I hope the next time Kevin Owens wins he promises as champion that Seth Rollins is going to jail.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anderson Cooper: "Wait, is there something in the rafters up there?"

*camera pans up to show Biden in black and white makeup with a trenchcoat*

Thats WCW mark

Ross61

I have to admit, I've never really read anything by Wildstorm. Like Milestone, it was one of those things going on while I wasn't reading comics. While these were running, the only DC I had become familiar with were the animated shows( Justice League/Unlimited,Batman, Static Shock, Superman). So when it was announced, I was surprised as everyone else, and curious but not as excited as those who grew up on said comics. Although I do plan on reading The Wild Storm in February, are there any recommended Wildstorm reading that any of you can think of?

Nighthawk #5
Reading this book gives me such a weird feeling. It's such an angry book. Every issue incapsulates pure hatred in some form or another, and Morazzo's art helps that by being raw. It feels raw, which can make it hard to look at sometimes, but otherwise it's pretty good. It's hard thinking that the same guy who writes this also writes Power Man and Iron Fist. This issue is the same as the last four, and as a result it manages to keep me hooked. I'm definitely not gonna enjoy the fact that the Revelator will be some nobody.

Power Man and Iron Fist #8
Why is Carol the absolute worst? I also I enjoyed Danny and Luke's argument in the beginning of the issue. I am getting a wee bit tired of the whole fiddle faddle thing, but at least he did curse at the end, so it paid off.
Good issue though. Strong as usual.

Sandfox

Nighthawk #5
Reading this book gives me such a weird feeling. It's such an angry book. Every issue incapsulates pure hatred in some form or another, and Morazzo's art helps that by being raw. It feels raw, which can make it hard to look at sometimes, but otherwise it's pretty good. It's hard thinking that the same guy who writes this also writes Power Man and Iron Fist. This issue is the same as the last four, and as a result it manages to keep me hooked. I'm definitely not gonna enjoy the fact that the Revelator will be some nobody.

Power Man and Iron Fist #8
Why is Carol the absolute worst? I also I enjoyed Danny and Luke's argument in the beginning of the issue. I am getting a wee bit tired of the whole fiddle faddle thing, but at least he did curse at the end, so it paid off.
Good issue though. Strong as usual.

David Walker said this weekend that he watches the news to make himself angry before writing Nighthawk and hangs out with friends before writing PM&IF. He also can't work on both books at the same time

I'm so tired. One of the very rare occasions where I am child free for an entire week (he's went abroad with grandparents) and therefore no schools runs, not even needing to be up for making breakfast and putting on cartoons etc., so I started up til 2 last night watching Luke Cage.....I'm too conditioned for late nights haha. I need my bed by 12 & breakfast and coffee at 7:30am to run right.

Only two eps to go in Cage now anyway. I think I'm ready to give my opinion already but I'll see it through before I say anything definitive.

Mission accomplished

Stjepan Sejic - Ally and Lisa

You wouldn't believe how over the moon I was with this. Stjepan was really nice. He was the reason I went to the con in the first place.

NYCC Roundup time :D

Incredibly tiring/anxiety inducing but had a good time...focused on commissions over prints/things I can just buy at home with one exception.

Amanda Conner Gallery Edition

Harley by Erica Henderson

Bombshells Harley (Christmas costume) by Mirka Andolfo

Bombshells Batwoman by Sara Richard

Nick Fury by Andrew Robinson

Typhoid Mary by Jen Bartel

Zatanna by Elsa Charretier

Rogue by Joe Quinones

Cheetah/Wonder Woman by Yanick Paquette

My NYCC haul missing Elsa Charretiers full commission and Sanford Greene cover sketch (we will get to that, it's getting sorted)

Erica Henderson - Ms Marvel

John Timms - Harley and Ivy (10 min sketch as the show was closing and he didn't charge me either , super nice dude)

Marcio Takara - Rogue

Brett Parsons - Harley Quinn (this was $30 and it blew me away. Too fucking good. Read Tank Girl please)

Linda Sejic - Harley Quinn (so happy I got this. Linda is lovely)

Jen Bartel - Alana and Hazel (OMG Hazel totes dorbz)

Terry Moore - Francine and Katchoo and their babies (Terry is just awesome)

Joe Quinones - Zatanna and Harley (Joe killed my really basic idea. What an amazing artist. Terry Dodson said it was incredible)

Elsa Charretier - Lisa and Ally (she loves sunstone and has such a unique style. My favorite new artist in years)

Mirka Andolpho - Harley Quinn (this is 11x17, huge, detailed and so fucking good. Totally exceeded my expectations)

I have books and prints if you guys care but that is the the original art. I am so happy. My first ever con was such a success and not one person let me down.
Awesome stuff.

Anderson Cooper: "Wait, is there something in the rafters up there?"

*camera pans up to show Biden in black and white makeup with a trenchcoat*

I fully expect Trump to turn on Pence and announce his new VP, Roman Reigns. Who will then come out and spear Pence.

Top Bottom