• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It 100% makes it better - conflating Clinton's "lies" with actual facism, racism, xenophobia and misogyny is a fool's errand.

Trump is a threat to American democracy - just last night he threatened to jail political opponents, "open up libel laws" allowing him to jail journalists, promising to appoint SCOTUS' who would repeal Roe V Wade and Marriage Equality.

"Both sides are the same" is the cry of people who haven't been paying attention or those who would rather pat themselves on the back for being "above the frey" while their fellow citizens suffer.

Zombine

Banned
3018857-black+swan+from+new+avengers+vol+3+5.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
It 100% makes it better - conflating Clinton's "lies" with actual facism, racism, xenophobia and misogyny is a fool's errand.

Trump is a threat to American democracy - just last night he threatened to jail political opponents, "open up libel laws" allowing him to jail journalists, promising to appoint SCOTUS' who would repeal Roe V Wade and Marriage Equality.

"Both sides are the same" is the cry of people who haven't been paying attention or those who would rather pat themselves on the back for being "above the frey" while their fellow citizens suffer.

I should copy and past this on my fb.

TheFlow

Banned
Superman #6

happy that this arc finally ended, and on a good note at that. The battle with Eradicator was dope, and I am glad Krypto is ok :D. Superman is finally out in the open. Art of course was awesome. I think this is one of the few DC books that can give Green Arrow a run for its money every issue.

5/5

Superman #7

first half was soooo goood, and Batman being batman was too on point. Second half was also good because I like seeing the family be a family.

5/5

Superman #8 this was the second DC book to feature Dinosaurs this week and I loved it.
I think this was my favorite of the 3 issues I read

5/5

Supergirl rebirth

eh pretty average, feel like I should of read a wiki or something first about her new 52 adventures.

2/5

Supergirl #1

a whole lot better than the rebirth issue, but still not as strong as Superman and other DC titles. Won't drop yet.

3/5.

TheFlow

Banned
Detective Comics #938

that flashback at the beginning with Kate was touching, and the team fighting was awesome. Also the orphan is scary

4/5

Detective Comics #939

perfection. that is all that can be said about this issue.

5/5

Detective Comics #940

damn what a sad issue. It was great, but so bittersweet. almost teared up till I got towards the end.
tim being saved by one of the watchmen I think? so who else do they have captive.

5/5

I am just blown away by the art, action scenes, and heart to heart dialog. such a great series.

Deadman and something about forbidden love

I really liked what I read, but I didn't really see any reason to continue. The first issue didn't really grab me for any actual mystery or anything to come. I may end up still grabbing the next issue, but right now I'm not sure because I'll probably forget about it.

Adam Strange and some birdman

This was great and had almost nothing to do with the actual title of the book.

Cyborg

Good god this was wordy as fuck. I skipped a whole lot of Kilg%re's dialogue. As obvious as the twist at the end was, I honestly didn't see it coming.

Detective Comics #940

damn what a sad issue. It was great, but so bittersweet. almost teared up till I got towards the end.
tim being saved by one of the watchmen I think? so who else do they have captive.

5/5

I am just blown away by the art, action scenes, and heart to heart dialog. such a great series.

We don't really know for sure that
Oz is Ozymandias. It's the assumption but it seems too obvious. He at least has Doomsday but I also think he has future Tim Drake as well. He disappeared in a similar fashion and that's my going theory.

TheFlow

Banned
Deadman and something about forbidden love

I really liked what I read, but I didn't really see any reason to continue. The first issue didn't really grab me for any actual mystery or anything to come. I may end up still grabbing the next issue, but right now I'm not sure because I'll probably forget about it.

Adam Strange and some birdman

This was great and had almost nothing to do with the actual title of the book.

Cyborg

Good god this was wordy as fuck. I skipped a whole lot of Kilg%re's dialogue. As obvious as the twist at the end was, I honestly didn't see it coming.

We don't really know for sure that
Oz is Ozymandias. It's the assumption but it seems too obvious. He at least has Doomsday but I also think he has future Tim Drake as well. He disappeared in a similar fashion and that's my going theory.
lol fix your spoiler tag! but yea
he definitely got future tim drake. so that is both drakes, and doomsday. I wonder who is next

lol fix your spoiler tag! but yea
he definitely got future tim drake. so that is both drakes, and doomsday. I wonder who is next

God dammit. Like the third time spoilers have fucked up on me.

Waiting on the explanation down the road on how he saved N52 Supes as well.

Messi

While the last two issues of Gwenpool haven't had Gurihuru I think the art has been more that good enough for a stand in. Love how they draw gwens face and some of her facial expressions. Sure they are no Gurihuru but it's still good. Amazing book funny and sad at the same time.

This better not be shit talking Lupa that I am seeing. She is amazing

Vyer

Absolutely. For me, Clinton's not great. But she's just another politician. Trump represents something much worse.

And beyond that, for those people who are minorities or any target of hate, not justifying or empowering that racism and bigotry is of vital importance. For their future in this country and the future of their kids and family.

TheFlow

Banned
Batman #8 night of the monster men part 4

sorry Echo but I really like this issue. The art was gorgeous, Batman's dialog made sense, and Duke finally got to go out in full costume hnnnnng. The other thing to note is that Batwoman is standing toe to toe with the Bat. She is making sure he knows they are equals.

I forgot who the artist was for this part but man did they do a great job drawing everything in the air. Purely breath taking. Now here is what I didn't like
Batman taking down the monster by himself while doing that monologue or w.e was not something I am used to Batman doing. He doesn't talk that much during a fight.

5/5 glad to see the book pick up the pieces after that lackluster third part.

Nightwing #6 night of the monster men part 5

wasn't that big of a fan of the art, made a couple of the characters look totally different, and think this is the issue where Echo talked about the inconsistencies in nightwings form. Also that face batman made gave me the creeps.

The bigger thing is Strange, like hory shit.
the 4 patients all had problems that Bruce Wayne/Batman had to suffer. Strange did everything just to fuck with Batman.

But damn the stakes have really escalated since the first issue, and Batman really does plan a lot of stuff out. Batman vs Strange next week wooh!

3/5

jon bones

Absolutely. For me, Clinton's not great. But she's just another politician. Trump represents something much worse.

And beyond that, for those people who are minorities or any target of hate, not justifying or empowering that racism and bigotry is of vital importance. For their future in this country and the future of their kids and family.

Agreed - and any person with a decent heart will do the same.

But I'll go one step farther - I'm not sure 'another politician' is a bad thing. It takes a lot of political experience to attempt to govern a country of 300 million citizens and Clinton has the chops due to her many years in public service.

Vote Clinton, everyone - especially if you are in a swing state. The way the country will treat my children depends on it.

kmfdmpig

Guys, seriously. If you're not reading Flintstones, you're missing out. They deal with important issues in smart and funny ways. Things you wouldn't expect to read about in a comic. It's a delightful book and you should all be reading it.

I was shocked at how much I liked the first issue as I've never really been a Flintstones fan, although I did watch it as a kid.

Each issue has been good, and as you say it's smart.

The most annoying thing about the Debate last night was Trump constantly talking about Clinton's history as a Senator. How did someone seriously not ask if he understood how the political system works?

Zombine

Banned
The most annoying thing about the Debate last night was Trump constantly talking about Clinton's history as a Senator. How did someone seriously not ask if he understood how the political system works?

The debate made me nervous. Loved Hillary's response to the Muslim woman. I couldn't watch all of it.

jon bones

"Well, I was a Democratic Senator with a Republican President."

OH SHIT. Real talk, though - the man believes in Tyranny, not checks & balances.

The debate made me nervous. Loved Hillary's response to the Muslim woman. I couldn't watch all of it.

I loved her response - it came off incredibly genuine.

Contrast that to Trump - Trump can't talk to a black person without mentioning 'inner cities' and couldn't talk to that woman without going on a tirade about 'RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM'

Hagi

Read first volume of Vision last night and holy shit what a page turner that was. Robot suburbia thriller is not what I was expecting from this. Issue 6 was certainly a way to end the volume. Best 2.99 I've spent all year.

Halfway through Lazarus volume 3 and whole it's not really living up to the expectations I had going in its certainly an interesting book. Forever is pretty damn awesome.

Read first volume of Vision last night and holy shit what a page turner that was. Robot suburbia thriller is not what I was expecting from this. Issue 6 was certainly a way to end the volume. Best 2.99 I've spent all year.

Halfway through Lazarus volume 3 and whole it's not really living up to the expectations I had going in its certainly an interesting book. Forever is pretty damn awesome.

The vision really something. Surprised to hear Lazarus hasn't really reached your exceptations man, I honestly think it's one.of the best books image publishes with a lot of intelligent social commentary, exciting (and heartbreaking) characters & plot with some top notch world building. Lark's art to top it all off and yea. I kind of want to say wait til the end of book 4, but honestly if you're not blown away yet it's probably the writing rather than the plot. To each their own though, right. I haven't loved everything by Rucka for that matter so I can't even say I think he's a knockout writer every time.

I see Snyder mentioned at the vertigo panel that after the anthology, the next two arcs of amvamp are the finale to "this iteration" of the book. I wonder if that means the end of second.cycle and there will be a third, or if the book is coming to an end full stop, maybe come back later and tell a different tale about different characters in the same world.

TheFlow

Banned
The vision really something. Surprised to hear Lazarus hasn't really reached your exceptations man, I honestly think it's one.of the best books image publishes with a lot of intelligent social commentary, exciting (and heartbreaking) characters & plot with some top notch world building. Lark's art to top it all off and yea. I kind of want to say wait til the end of book 4, but honestly if you're not blown away yet it's probably the writing rather than the plot. To each their own though, right. I haven't loved everything by Rucka for that matter so I can't even say I think he's a knockout writer every time.

I see Snyder mentioned at the vertigo panel that after the anthology, the next two arcs of amvamp are the finale to "this iteration" of the book. I wonder if that means the end of second.cycle and there will be a third, or if the book is coming to an end full stop, maybe come back later and tell a different tale about different characters in the same world.
The second cycle ended last year. After this anthology expect the third finale. I am really hype for it because Snyder has finally revealed what the true evil is and who can stop it. Trust me it will blow your damn mind

The second cycle ended last year. After this anthology expect the third finale. I am really hype for it because Snyder has finally revealed what the true evil is and who can stop it. Trust me it will blow your damn mind

Ah right okay, awesome. I didn't realise it was over yet. I should probably read those trades then, if that's another capstone. Just to check then, it's just vol. 7 and 8 that constitute the second cycle then? Looks like 9 will collect anthology 2 and the annual.

I had kind of just assumed the anthology was to kill time between delays and that second cycle was still going.

Owzers

Edit: I will not talk about politics in comics-gaf..

This Overwatch Halloween event needs to happen already because i'm getting wrecked in comp with terrible players ( because i'm pro and only lose when others fail me) and i need extra motivation to play.

Top Bottom