• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

It 100% makes it better - conflating Clinton's "lies" with actual facism, racism, xenophobia and misogyny is a fool's errand.

Trump is a threat to American democracy - just last night he threatened to jail political opponents, "open up libel laws" allowing him to jail journalists, promising to appoint SCOTUS' who would repeal Roe V Wade and Marriage Equality.

"Both sides are the same" is the cry of people who haven't been paying attention or those who would rather pat themselves on the back for being "above the frey" while their fellow citizens suffer.
Disagree. People who say "both sides are the same" aren't either of that. They're diet racists who think being rated as the second most truthful presidential candidate of the last 2 cycles (field of 20) is equivalent to someone who brags about his sexual assaults on women. Diet racists who have a basement full of cum covered moe blob figurines were never gonna be a crucial part of a winning coalition.

David Walker said this weekend that he watches the news to make himself angry before writing Nighthawk and hangs out with friends before writing PM&IF. He also can't work on both books at the same time
I can't imagine he could. Those books are so opposite it's insane. One's tackling hate crimes and the other is dealing with wrongful imprisonment. The fact that they're by the same author is mind-boggling. I really think Walker is a great writer to the point where I almost want to read his Cyborg run

Is it just me, or is it pretty awesome that we have as many Marvel books as we do dealing with these kinds of social issues?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Sure, i think Hillary has lied about her emails with some awful spin early and i do think the Obama administration wasn't clear about what happened in Benghazi early on and didn't have enough security for Ambassador Stevens.

Obama's administration (Clinton included) tried to increase embassy security a year before Benghazi - the measure was shot down by the GOP.

VOTELOKI-Cov-0fb10.jpg

584767.jpg

Edit: I will not talk about politics in comics-gaf..

Good man.

Messi

Sejic posted this on Facebook with a picture of him and the guys. He said yesterday he had huge news coming soon.

Studio HIVE XM Studios Premium Collectibles guys and me, just sitting around talking statues and stuff, no biggie ;)

subtle hint, huh? XD

Come into the happening bunker. He is finally making his dream statue

If only there were unbiased sources to fact check what we heard last night.

Oh wait, there are! The good news is Trump told the truth 28% of the time he spoke last night. The bad news is he flat out lied the other 72%.

Can't vote Hillary, though. She's a liar, remember?

Disagree. People who say "both sides are the same" aren't either of that. They're diet racists who think being rated as the second most truthful presidential candidate of the last 2 cycles (field of 20) is equivalent to someone who brags about his sexual assaults on women. Diet racists who have a basement full of cum covered moe blob figurines were never gonna be a crucial part of a winning coalition.
Or edgy fucks who brag about heavy metal not being politically correct and claiming "No Lives Matter" cuz "hail satan bruh" is the cure to racism and sexism.

anaron

Amanat said that though Chelsea Cain's Mockingbird was coming to an end "Marvel doesn't let go of great characters or great talent."

hmm...

Well that's somewhat reassuring. Apparently the question got huge cheers so hopefully Marvel takes that to heart.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
silk always has the dopest costumes

If only there were unbiased sources to fact check what we heard last night.

Oh wait, there are! The good news is Trump told the truth 28% of the time he spoke last night. The bad news is he flat out lied the other 72%.

Can't vote Hillary, though. She's a liar, remember?

:)

Sandfox

Well that's somewhat reassuring. Apparently the question got huge cheers so hopefully Marvel takes that to heart.
We already know she's writing two new books and this is obviously hinting at that do I don't really get what you mean lol.
I can't imagine he could. Those books are so opposite it's insane. One's tackling hate crimes and the other is dealing with wrongful imprisonment. The fact that they're by the same author is mind-boggling. I really think Walker is a great writer to the point where I almost want to read his Cyborg run

Is it just me, or is it pretty awesome that we have as many Marvel books as we do dealing with these kinds of social issues?

I agree.

Her getting a new codename to distance Cindy from Silk is an alright idea but making it Silkworm is a pretty facepalming moment.
Based on how Marvel introduced it at NYCC, I would say it's intentional lol.

Boogiepop

So, I already mentioned quite enjoying Sunstone in the past, but I finally got around to reading Death Vigil (well, the first 3 issues so far) and I've enjoyed that quite a bit as well. So once more, thanks to Messi for spreading all the Sejic love all the time!

Sandfox

I like the mask, color scheme, and pattern on the suit, but I need to see it in action.

She looks like a new character. She doesn't look like she's related to the Spider family.

The new costume is supposed to be a disguise so that people like Jonah won't put together that Cindy and Silk are the same person while she is traveling for work.

Might be a bit too minimalist for me.

This is my chief complaint. Doesn't need to have webs but man jazz it up a little. Boring outfit. A shame as I love her current costume.

The new costume is supposed to be a disguise so that people like Jonah won't put together that Cindy and Silk are the same person while she is traveling for work.

Fair enough, that's a reasonable explanation and seems to imply this is temporary in any case. It would be just as bad if she did the opposite and brought the new outfit home.

Messi

That's a positive in my book. It's less a family more like a circus at this point. Shame it won't last but I do like her normal costume.

Yup

But what if it sticks?

Smh lol

Yeah, if just not the 15 Spider-Man Villains in the back were

She's still in that world but establishing her as something more than just another spider is good.

I see Sejic retweeted Messi. Twice.

3 times, Linda too. Phone is hopping all morning with notifications

Sandfox

Rosenberg Rocket Raccoon interview: http://www.cbr.com/rosenbergs-rocket-raccoon-stalks-the-mean-streets-of-new-york/

There are still plenty of laughs because it’s a hyper violent talking space raccoon, but it should feel a bit more like the Rocket we meet in books like “Annihilation” or Abnett and Lanning’s “Guardians.”

I really hope people give this book a chance. It’s got gritty street level hero stuff for fans of Spider-Man and Punisher, it’s got fun elements of books like “Squirrel Girl” or “Deadpool,” all while staying true to the best member of the Guardians.

I Like that Silk costume, looks like something I'd consider reading. Especially if Helen Chen actually drew it herself.

Finished Cage. I enjoyed the introduction into his world, and up through the origin stuff, but overalll, I thought it was easily the weakest of the netflix shows so far. It's frustrating because in some ways I think it's the most mature of the netflix shows, and not just in terms of being more *real* or real life issue focused. The use of music, the pacing to build tension, all the details and time spent to make the world it was taking place feel real and believable. In those regards, it was pretty accomplished. However, regardless of it's success in style, maturity and providing a really different angle, the actual plot they came up was imo poor. As mentioned, the first act, introducing Cage, his world,
his conflicts with cotton mouth and Mariah
, money issues, stuff like that was really quite compelling. The more comic booky it got though, the more it turned me off.
Exploding bullets, everything about Diamondback, the framing of Cage just got stupider and stupider as it went on
, some of that did not seem very well thought out, and got away from what I was enjoying about the show. Also I just did not care for the actors that played
Shades (who I had seen and disliked as an actor in Sons Of Anarchy, & Diamondback
, which didn't help. Hopefully if there's a season 2 they can come up with a stronger plot to tell in that world, because as mentioned, the pieces around it were well done.

Apart from that, still doing the Mignola-verse reread, I've reached the 3rd BPRD omnibus right now, and loving the shit out of it as always. Had some new stuff dispatched today, will update on that later in the week.

Top Bottom