• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Wada WicDiv variant.....

CuaqPXgVYAAtHeY.jpg

Good lord how dense do you have to be to say something lIke that to a perfect stranger and think you're saying something nice

Oh man how did I get blocked by one of my favourite comic creator's. The pain it hurts.

Think I'm going to give lobster Johnson a read. Want to expand from hellboy and brpd.

A bunch of people got blocked in some sort of autoblocker situation I think

Oh man how did I get blocked by one of my favourite comic creator's. The pain it hurts.

Think I'm going to give lobster Johnson a read. Want to expand from hellboy and brpd.

You and me both. Her autoblocker seems to have hit quite a few people it probably wasn't meant to. Shame we can't notify her.

Omg I tweeted her this reply

I normally love your work and #animosity is one of my favorite books. For realsies

And was blocked almost instantly

Got a stool for me fellas

Beware the claw!! Lobster Johnson is awesome, I love how absurd those books are, they really lean into the pulp vibe. Volume 1 is extra cool too for some connections to the BPRD omibuses. What one/s do you have? Lobster Johnston & Witchfinder are both really cool.

Hagi

A bunch of people got blocked in some sort of autoblocker situation I think

You and me both. Her autoblocker seems to have hit quite a few people it probably wasn't meant to. Shame we can't notify her.

Oh well that sucks I only really use Twitter to follow comic people and a few videogame folks. I get why she would feel the need to use an auto blocked though, plenty of nasty fuckers on Twitter.

I am so bummed. I wasn't being sarcastic but I guess she thought I was or some keyword got picked up by the autoblock :/

I need a reboot on this whole damn day tbh

Hagi

Beware the claw!! Lobster Johnson is awesome, I love how absurd those books are. Volume 1 is extra cool too for some connections to the BPRD omibuses. What one/s do you have? Lobster Johnston & Witchfinder are both really cool.

I don't have any yet was just browsing the Dark Horse section on comixology. I only own BRPD omniis 1 and 2, BRPD 1946-48 and the first three hellboy library editions. Lobster Johnson seems fun and I've been interested in Witchfinder for a while so will add that to the list of to reads.

I normally love your work and #animosity is one of my favorite books. For realsies

Hah I don't feel bad anymore lol

You should have known she is very careful about people who @ her. lol

Especially all the shit she got from that MRA scene in Angela.

You should have known she is very careful about people who @ her. lol

Especially all the shit she got from that MRA scene in Angela.

Yeah but I did tweet her a couple of times already and she even favorited one of them. But I'm sure she doesn't remember that. I understand why she has to be careful it just bums me out that I may have offended her.

Silks getting a new costume by Helen Chen , debut in Silk #14

I Like that Silk costume, looks like something I'd consider reading. Especially if Helen Chen actually drew it herself.

Finished Cage. I enjoyed the introduction into his world, and up through the origin stuff, but overalll, I thought it was easily the weakest of the netflix shows so far. It's frustrating because in some ways I think it's the most mature of the netflix shows, and not just in terms of being more *real* or real life issue focused. The use of music, the pacing to build tension, all the details and time spent to make the world it was taking place feel real and believable. In those regards, it was pretty accomplished. However, regardless of it's success in style, maturity and providing a really different angle, the actual plot they came up was imo poor. As mentioned, the first act, introducing Cage, his world,
his conflicts with cotton mouth and Mariah
, money issues, stuff like that was really quite compelling. The more comic booky it got though, the more it turned me off.
Exploding bullets, everything about Diamondback, the framing of Cage just got stupider and stupider as it went on
, some of that did not seem very well thought out, and got away from what I was enjoying about the show. Also I just did not care for the actors that played
Shades (who I had seen and disliked as an actor in Sons Of Anarchy, & Diamondback
, which didn't help. Hopefully if there's a season 2 they can come up with a stronger plot to tell in that world, because as mentioned, the pieces around it were well done..
I pretty much felt the same way about Diamondback. I didn't mind the more comic book-y elements. They were welcome, but Diamondback was too hammy. Cottonmouth was over the top, but he always felt like a real person. When Mariah killed him, I felt like the shift to focus on her would lead to something a lot more interesting, but it really didn't. Mostly because right after that happens, then Diamondback comes in and goes super ham. Now, mind you, I didn't mind his hamminess at first, but as time went on it became too much.

I wanted to buy into why he hated Cage so much, but I couldn't. He was too over the top and I couldn't buy into the guy. And I had an even harder time accepting that this guy was some sort of "mastermind" behind everything that happened. Since they say everything, that means he created everything at Seagate, funded Seagate, sent in Shades to make sure Cottonmouth stayed on point despite Cage being around, until he would eventually come to kill Cage himself. I couldn't buy that given the character we had been presented with. I couldn't accept Diamondback's beef as genuine. They should have given more focus to him. I also have a huge problem with Mariah being shoved into the background as soon as Diamondback stepped up.

I don't have any yet was just browsing the Dark Horse section on comixology. I only own BRPD omniis 1 and 2, BRPD 1946-48 and the first three hellboy library editions. Lobster Johnson seems fun and I've been interested in Witchfinder for a while so will add that to the list of to reads.

Hah I don't feel bad anymore lol

That's brilliant, there's definitely some stuff in the iron prometheus (lobster vol. 1) that will make you go grab your BPRD omnibuses and hunt for stuff you recognise. All of those are great, and stand very well on their own. Witchfinder is really cool, I love Edward Grey's whole story, it's a real puzzle across the different books. Although I will say Witchfinder vol. 2 is one of the only only Mignola things I'm not particularly keen on, it doesn't work out as well as it should have.

For the most part though, the Witchfinder stuff, the lobster stuff are all very stand alone, in terms of the greater line and even within themselves, it's quite one and done tales sort of thing, so you can really enjoy them at your own leisure. If you've read the BPRD 1940s omnibus, BPRD Vampire is literally a follow-up, I'd definitely recommend that. The art is incredible.

Her autoblocker hasn't detected me

Like a ninja

Trump will look to you for his next secretive strike against ISIS. They'll never see us coming. Shame about all the innocent people who will die as a result of no forewarning. The cost of freedom, if you will. Papa Trump getting shit done.

Also, that Silk outfit is boring and bad.

I pretty much felt the same way about Diamondback..

Snipped for length, but I pretty much completely agree with what you wrote there man, especially when things turn with
Cottonmouth dying, and the potential for Mariah to take the spotlight
, but it doesn't really go that way at all. They do a REALLY good job as well with the flashbacks for them and their
family history
, I was sold on that, I could get behind why they were the way they were, & what drove them. Tbh, I find
Diamondback
a really mixed up things too, there's no sensible throughline to the character. Like, there's the
snake symbolism, there's the preacher/bible focused stuff, and even just that he's a hardcase
, it's all very mixed up and no one defining focus that makes him the threat they meant him to be.

Ross61

Like Cage is my favorite Marvel Netflix show by far. Then Daredevil Season 1. Didn't like the second half of S2. And I'm just not that interested in Jessica Jones,

Holy shit I'm super sorry I forgot to spoiler what I posted. My bad. Did not mean to do that.
Snipped for length, but I pretty much completely agree with what you wrote there man, especially when things turn with
Cottonmouth dying, and the potential for Mariah to take the spotlight
, but it doesn't really go that way at all. They do a REALLY good job as well with the flashbacks for them and their
family history
, I was sold on that, I could get behind why they were the way they were, & what drove them. Tbh, I find
Diamondback
a really mixed up things too, there's no sensible throughline to the character. Like, there's the
snake symbolism, there's the preacher/bible focused stuff, and even just that he's a hardcase
, it's all very mixed up and no one defining focus that makes him the threat they meant him to be.
Hopefully
they'll do better with him next season, seeing as he's probably going to hate Luke even more.

Holy shit I'm super sorry I forgot to spoiler what I posted. My bad. Did not mean to do that.

Hopefully
they'll do better with him next season, seeing as he's probably going to hate Luke even more.

Hahaha, I wanted to say about the spoiler tags, but didn't want to be an asshole either, figured you'd realise. XD

Yea, hopefully. When I say at the top of the page that I rate it 4th out of the 4 shows, there's really not that much margin between each series for me, I think all the netflix stuff has been good so far. IT's not a big slate against it or anything. Super fucking amped for Iron Fist though, I love Danny Rand.

Sitting debating whether to grab gears tomorrow or not. I want to play it, but not sure how much I'm in the mood to play online right now.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Please leave Marguerite alone. She is lovely and uses that blocker due to the horrendous shit people send her.

I think she can handle the compliments and silly comments we are throwing her way. I was just testing out the auto-ban thing anyway. It's not like I'm mad at her for blocking Echo. That guy is a total jerk. :)

mreddie

Silkworm makes sense, people are likely still quesy about Silk working for Black Cat.

But that new outfit looks trash. Not as bad as the webbing dress but still trash.

Top Bottom