• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

PsychBat!

Banned
Yes, small typo. Thanks for letting me know.

I also wanted to let you all know this is my last OT. I'm taking a break from here.

I'm a flurry of emotions right now

ZB7tigQ.gif

mreddie

Duggan is making Rogue great again...until now.

What pisses me off about Kamala is that Wilson I think is buliding villains in a lame way, the only one who was a legit threat was the damn bird!

Also, ANt-Man's book has recovered but man, I wish Spencer had stopped bullshitting about why Scott got caught up and dragging it out for 7 issues.

Sandfox

I decided to give Guardians another chance and all I can say is that this issue has the most wtf thing involving Carol among other thing.

Duggan is making Rogue great again...until now.

What pisses me off about Kamala is that Wilson I think is buliding villains in a lame way, the only one who was a legit threat was the damn bird!

Also, ANt-Man's book has recovered but man, I wish Spencer had stopped bullshitting about why Scott got caught up and dragging it out for 7 issues.
Rogue is at least the leader of that team lol.

Messi

It's amazing. Honorary ComicsGAF baller status to whoever commissioned that.

Lemme tell you. That wasn't cheap. I told him you draw whatever character he liked and he picked Rogue. That wasn't cheap. I'd say that Hawkeye and Cap is 4 figures.

That explains your love for Eva Bell. :)

Indeed :p

Yes. Its not the ridiculously short skirt. Nope.

Bachalo man... He knew. He kept making that skirt shorter lol.

Wow, you're Rouge is gorgeous.

I am very happy with it.

MG310

Lemme tell you. That wasn't cheap. I told him you draw whatever character he liked and he picked Rogue. That wasn't cheap. I'd say that Hawkeye and Cap is 4 figures.

You'll see at least one 5 figure item at the auction because Adam Hughes usually does one.

Owzers

I've tried three Valiant books so far (Ivar Timewalker, Doctor Mirage, and Generation Zero), znd have enjoyed them all.

Silver Surfer is always pretty swell.

I was really disappointed by X-O Manowar, and that also made me think Green Lantern was doomed when Vendetti took over. Archer and Armstrong is pretty good but i don't think it's polite to praise Valiant books in public so i just keep it to myself most days. I think i left off A&A at around issue 11, i have several more digital issues in the backlog.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Karnak #2 - oh yeah forgot this existed, its been ao long. Great issue (with some fantastic visuals and gory fight scenes) but its hard for me to get excited about a Ellis.book when I know its just a 6 issue joint, but he writes as if hes setting up a 24 issue story :/

ANAD Avengers #6 - "Thats X-Men talk" ouch, hold that L muties. Fun conclusion to this little Kang arc, very comic book-y but the whole book has been very comic book-y if you know what I mean, and I mean that in a good way. Standoff next.

All New X-Men #5 - Blob leaves Laura a gory mess (or "dead" as Warren puts it), Bobby has issues with his gayness, Edie has issues with God, and Warren cant deal with seeing Laura put herself back together all the time and wants to break up. Didn't really feel this issue, too soapy for my tastes.

New Avengers #7 - Maker returns to spring the old White Tiger from prison, give her the tiger god necklace from the ultimate universe (one assumes), sic her on current White Tiger and see what happens when they collide. Nice cliffhanger that apparently wont be followed for now because its Standoff next issue. No Sandoval this issue but J.Cassara's art was actually really good so no complaints.

So is the East of West Year Two hardcover coming soon now that it just wrapped up?

I was really disappointed by X-O Manowar, and that also made me think Green Lantern was doomed when Vendetti took over. Archer and Armstrong is pretty good but i don't think it's polite to praise Valiant books in public so i just keep it to myself most days. I think i left off A&A at around issue 11, i have several more digital issues in the backlog.

Definitely try Ivar Timewalker. Really really damn good.

Doc Shaner variant for Teen Titans:

That Starfire costume is awful.
I think it's fine. Don't see an issue.
Dan Slott is asking people on twitter to name iconic post silver age character and so far he has listed:

Wolverine
Nightcrawler
Storm
Colossus
Lobo
Venom
Harley
Deadpool
TMNT
Cyborg
Starfire
Raven
Spawn,
Punisher
Jubilee
Cable
Blade
Howard TD

Can you guys think of any others? I can't tell if this is good or bad considering the Silver Age ended in 1970.
Hellboy
John Stewart Green Lantern
Bachalo hooded and the scarf look are pretty good too though.
Love hoodie Rogue.

Also, throwing up X-treme Rogue. Fuck you for disagreeing
Karnak #2 - oh yeah forgot this existed, its been ao long. Great issue (with some fantastic visuals and gory fight scenes) but its hard for me to get excited about a Ellis.book when I know its just a 6 issue joint, but he writes as if hes setting up a 24 issue story :/
Karnak still hasn't gone past issue 4 and it's getting nigh on a year since it started.

Top Bottom