• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! Well other than Vol 3 of WicDiv maybe. But it rebounds after that at least.

Really looking forward to EoW. And my local comics purveyours say really good things about W+D.

After the Strip Panel Naked episode about Vision, I figured I had to check it out. Bonus: King writes it!

Just picked up these from my local library for the long weekend:

Saga vol 4/5
East of West vol 1-5
Wicked + Divine vol 1-3
Black Science vol 1
Vision Little Worse than a Man

Libraries rule.

Are you definitely sure,

DEFINITELY

sure, that what you consider a...*library*...isn't a fully stocked comic store, full of brand new books, and that you may be stealing them, wittingly OR unwittingly??

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
For fun, I figured out if I followed all the series

Man, you are going to wait sooooooo long for the trades on some excellent books. Floppies for the impatient.
I know this is not how it works, but that would make a great friggin' tag.

Are you definitely sure,

DEFINITELY

sure, that what you consider a...*library*...isn't a fully stocked comic store, full of brand new books, and that you may be stealing them, wittingly OR unwittingly??

Feed me your TPBs, your OHCs, your jealousy...

Any word on a new avengers omnibus vol 2, or hickman's avengers run being collected in an omni? Was kind of eyeing infinity but it might be better to hold off for a hickman omni collection.

Messi

I really don't like the new Batgirl. Also Rafael Albuquerque should feel ashamed of the art he turned in for this book. He is better than this art. What a shit book.

Man, you are going to wait sooooooo long for the trades on some excellent books. Floppies for the impatient.
I know this is not how it works, but that would make a great friggin' tag.

Feed me your TPBs, your OHCs, your jealousy...

Ah fuck I know man, feel free to pull this list up again in 6 months and tease me on how I still don't have anything out of it that had a 1 or probably a 2 in my hands yet. And yea hahah Floppies for the impatient.

Also, speaking of floppy impatience, whats this announcement then. eh. isn't that now? 6:45 eastern? Or did I do time wrong.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't like the new Batgirl. Also Rafael Albuquerque should feel ashamed of the art he turned in for this book. He is better than this art. What a shit book.

My first Albuquerque book and you are right. The art is really hit or miss.

Also, speaking of floppy impatience, whats this announcement then. eh. isn't that now? 6:45 eastern? Or did I do time wrong.

Really? Just go to fucking bed.

Acht. This isn't the first time I've heard this, and the preview for the newest issue...her face..haha. Weird too, he draws a fabulous red head in AmVamp. Hopefully it's just growing pains and they shake it off. Like I say, I'm really a disingenuous trade waiter, so if it's still all tits up in in march then I can always just passss.

My first Albuquerque book and you are right. The art is really hit or miss.

Really? Just go to fucking bed.

Haha I really want to laugh and be one of the guys too though!

Dude, Albuquerque's art on American Vampire is awesome. I kind of can't believe what everyon eis saying about the new batgirl. I mean I beleve it, I just, ugh. He's literally a huge selling point on AmVamp

Messi

Acht. This isn't the first time I've heard this, and the preview for the newest issue...her face..haha. Weird too, he draws a fabulous red head in AmVamp. Hopefully it's just growing pains and they shake it off. Like I say, I'm really a disingenuous trade waiter, so if it's still all tits up in in march then I can always just passss.

He's leaving after the first arc to go work with Mark Millar.

His American Vampire art is stellar up until second cycle.

He's leaving after the first arc to go work with Mark Millar.

His American Vampire art is stellar up until second cycle.

Haha I've literally read up to volume 6....I have 7 & 8 sitting here but Second Cycle has been so slow to release, I thought I'd just let it build up. wtfffffff.

They have the shrink wrap on, but I want to crack it to have a quick flick and see...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Bad art, you say?

3057235-injustice2.jpg

Rafa is killing it on Batgirl. Messi is drunk. He's using so much color and the way he draws her new outfit makes it look better than how Babs drew it.

Donnie do you read digital? Have a Comixology account?

Uhh, this is a good question! I think the answer is yes, I have used digital in the apst, but it was the marvel unlimited thing, I don't believe I've used comixology but it seems like I can log in with amazon. Are you going to recommend something?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Really looking forward to EoW. And my local comics purveyours say really good things about W+D.

After the Strip Panel Naked episode about Vision, I figured I had to check it out. Bonus: King writes it!

3 out of the 4 arcs have been good IMO. But Vol 3 was a series of character-centric flashback issues done by different guest artists plus one gimmick issue. It didn't do much at all to advance the overall plot and couple of the guest artists were pretty shitty IMO. So that is why I wasn't a fan of the 3rd arc.

To be fair, the best stuff I've read by cullen bunn is the sixth gun, all his independent stuff like hellbreak, helheim, Harrow county it's all monster stuff and gets the best reviews. Marvel don't have a great track record with horror in recent years but maybe. Maybe! This could be good. It certainly wasn't anything we guessed haha

Top Bottom