• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yeah, after digging into it a little bit Mario Maker 3DS actually does sound like a good package but they are awful at communicating.

Well I did it! I ordered Omega Men. You guys promised it was the next watchmen noir so I better not be disappointed! It's not actually out here until the 5th though and after that I think it's getting send regular delivery speed so doubt I'll have it any quicker than a week but it's began it's journey. Also bought another 13 books while I was at it. And this is just batch one.

Is the Omega Men thread going to be an actual read-a-long? Or is it just a hype thread? I'll probs be late to the party regardless.

A less prettier version of Yoshi's Wooly World sounds disgusting. I don't care how cute Poochy is. The game's entire selling point was the detailed yarn graphics.

A less prettier version of Yoshi's Wooly World sounds disgusting. I don't care how cute Poochy is. The game's entire selling point was the detailed yarn graphics.

yea that looked struggle. Ya'll should pick it up on the Wii U if you got it, cuz the game design is actually pretty legit. Best Yoshi game since Yoshi's Island.

yea that looked struggle. Ya'll should pick it up on the Wii U if you got it, cuz the game design is actually pretty legit. Best Yoshi game since Yoshi's Island.

I had it sitting on the shelf for awhile man but I finally played it over the summer. Reaaally good stuff. trying to get all the extras later on is brutal. Really love the puzzle at the end with the 4 statues too.

Also finally played through Pikmin 3, and got started on wonderful 101. Still got Star Fox Zero untouched ha. I cant not read comics if I'm not playing games.

What time is it? Is MU already revelead?

Revelead.

Wolverine is covered in adamantilead

Lead is an element (is lead an element)

Reed Richards LOVES elements.

MU is probably a book about the fantastic four.

MU_5.jpg

VanWinkle

Well I did it! I ordered Omega Men. You guys promised it was the next watchmen noir so I better not be disappointed! It's not actually out here until the 5th though and after that I think it's getting send regular delivery speed so doubt I'll have it any quicker than a week but it's began it's journey. Also bought another 13 books while I was at it. And this is just batch one.

Is the Omega Men thread going to be an actual read-a-long? Or is it just a hype thread? I'll probs be late to the party regardless.

It's not noir. But it is amazing. I'm about halfway through and I'm blown away.

It's not noir. But it is amazing. I'm about halfway through and I'm blown away.

Well nothing the scanner and printer can't fix. I've only got black ink cartridges left anyway!

I'm trolling haha DC put out a black and white version of watchmen and deemed that the deciding factor in renaming it watchmen Noir hahaha

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Here's an article from The Atlantic about The Kirby/Marvel Feud, and how generally terrible they are to their artists.

As recorded in Sean Howe’s Marvel Comics: The Untold Story, Kirby gave an interview shortly after his departure: “I was never given credit for the writing I did,” he said. “It was my idea to do [The Fantastic Four] the way it was...I had to come up with new ideas to help the strip sell. I was faced with the frustration of having to come up with new ideas and then having them taken from me.”

But Marvel wasn’t done with him. When the company began offering to return original artwork it had long held in storage, it did so by referring to the art as a “gift.” In exchange, the creators had to sign a one-page release agreeing that the art had been produced as work for hire. Most did, though with reservations. Kirby himself, sick of fighting over ownership, indicated his own willingness to sign. But instead of the standard release, Marvel sent him—and him alone—a four-page document in 1984.

Hype thread and if enough people pick it up it'll also be a reading club. Haven't had time to build it yet(I visited 4 different churches with college today).

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I second Howe's book. It has some great stories from the early days of Marvel, and it does a good job discussing the Image splinter group: A small reason Lee left Marvel was because they would not pay for his wife to fly with him to a con. lol
And I just noticed I made the OT...

16920fc3fec9e0570b609921acd26290.jpg

Hype thread and if enough people pick it up it'll also be a reading club. Haven't had time to build it yet(I visited 4 different churches with college today).

Awesome. If I hate it, you guys reimburse me right?

Haha do I want to ask why you visited not even 1, but 4 churches as part of college?

Awesome. If I hate it, you guys reimburse me right?

Haha do I want to ask why you visited not even 1, but 4 churches as part of college?
It was all today. We all went out to the russian, greek, finnish and catholic churchs in Stockholm to talk with and about them. I'm in a class where we focus on religion for one year and this was our first school trip.

Was there an updated version lf that book?

I don't think so anyway. The version I have goes up to the Disney buyout. Which, IMO, is a fine place to leave it until an updated version further down the road. A lot of people currently there are too close to the machine to not give the PR friendly version of events, so to speak.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I don't think so anyway. The version I have goes up to the Disney buyout. Which, IMO, is a fine place to leave it until an updated version further down the road. A lot of people currently there are too close to the machine to not give the PR friendly version of events, so to speak.
Do you have the blue or the yellow version?

Hahaha this is great, if you ever change your avatar one of these faces should be it

It was all today. We all went out to the russian, greek, finnish and catholic churchs in Stockholm to talk with and about them. I'm in a class where we focus on religion for one year and this was our first school trip.

Wait I'm totally lost now haha, what do you study sorry man? I'm Ignorant! Is this theology or an extension of sociology or something? I'm struggling without context haha

Yeah, even Fraction who've totally left them only spoke vaguely about all the troubles pre and post CW in his last updates.

Wait I'm totally lost now haha, what do you study sorry man? I'm Ignorant! Is this theology or an extension of sociology or something? I'm struggling without context haha
New sort of Theology/Sociology class here in Sweden. Our country only has like 1,5% of its population going to churches etc so the class is about all different religions, their place in the world and Sweden and a bunch of other things. It's a whole thing. It's 1 year only and then you switch to a different class like the Europe program or something else.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha this is great, if you ever change your avatar one of these faces should be it

Not changing it! Gotta promote my LCS.
To a bunch of peeps who don't live in my area and will never go lol

And Donnie, did I miss your pull list for Sept? Or was I the only person to post?

Yeah, even Fraction who've totally left them only spoke vaguely about all the troubles pre and post CW in his last updates.

New sort of Theology/Sociology class here in Sweden. Our country only has like 1,5% of its population going to churches etc so the class is about all different religions, their place in the world and Sweden and a bunch of other things. It's 1 year only and then you switch to a different class like the Europe program or something else.

Right right, I feel you now haha, I was just totally lost for a minute there. That's cool. I miss studying in general, even the geography class I had to take on the side of my main course at uni for credits was cool, going out and studying surrounding areas. Things you might never see or do in your own city, it's a good way of pushing you to new experiences, even if it's not how you might normally spend your time. Of course, when your actually in study, you don't really feel that way often haha

Not changing it! Gotta promote my LCS.
To a bunch of peeps who don't live in my area and will never go lol

And Donnie, did I miss your pull list for Sept? Or was I the only person to post?

You were the only one so far man! I hadn't got around to egging people yet figured we might all need a cool down after quizmania. I'll do it tonight. Hands up, it's a faux list since I'm a trade guy, but I'll translate what September issues will end up in my hands via trade into a readable pull. Missus is on the comp so I'll do it in a bit.

Busy being a sadomasochist and trying to have fun with doom multiplayer right now. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself.

I forgot about that... I didn't mind DOOM MP. Yeah, I'm part of the problem.

Haha I like it.man but this game shouldn't have had load outs, everyone should have started shotgun pistol or something then just find weapons around the maps and use those as push points. The sheer speed of it is great though, mechanics are so tight it's just the fluff around that let's it down (imo)

I don't think there were many worse marketing decisions this year than Bethesda's treatment of DOOM. Focusing on the multiplayer and releasing that horrendous beta were mistakes. I'm not even one of those people that hates multiplayer in general, I love it in fact.

Still though, the campaign of DOOM was superb. Genuine GOTY contender for me, 1B to Overwatch's 1A.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't mind the loadouts. Made the game a bit more of a free-for-all as no one rushed a certain spot to collect a specific weapon-- though now that I think about we all just rushed the spot for the powerups, etc. And yeah, the SP was very, very good.

Owzers

The Maker going to New Avengers and Doom going to Iron Man feels like a Raw/Smackdown draft. The Maker deserves better than whatever...this...is.

I don't think there were many worse marketing decisions this year than Bethesda's treatment of DOOM. Focusing on the multiplayer and releasing that horrendous beta were mistakes. I'm not even one of those people that hates multiplayer in general, I love it in fact.

Still though, the campaign of DOOM was superb. Genuine GOTY contender for me, 1B to Overwatch's 1A.

I didn't mind the loadouts. Made the game a bit more of a free-for-all as no one rushed a certain spot to collect a specific weapon-- though now that I think about we all just rushed the spot for the powerups, etc. And yeah, the SP was very, very good.

I don't disagree! I mostly play the multiplayer when I don't have much time. Single player campaign is incredible fun but I like to get entrenched when I play it haha like an hour searching every corner, so if I've just got a little bit, the multiplayer is. I wouldn't might if that quake champions comes over at some point, that looks a bit more what I want this to be.

Has anyone slept for more than 12 hours?

I feel rested.

Haha my kid goes to bed on the weekend at 9pm, if I leave him he literally won't get up until it's 10 am. What is that. As a kid I'd get up at 6 am to watch bill and ted cartoons and the real ghostbusters. Oh and the awesome x-men cartoon This guy sleeps 13 hours. Nuts.

Top Bottom