• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

PsychBat!

Banned
when will God finally end my torment

Who said God was involved?

ZB7tigQ.gif

Just more unwilling to spend my money on sub par work.

I like this new Messi!

Inhumans were Reigns until CW2

Not sure if that's a good thing for Civil War II's quality or not. I kinda bailed after a few issues. It's typical for Marvel events to start well and descend into shite, but this time the drop was meteoric. It's probably the worst event in years actually.

mreddie

Yeah I'm definitely not renewing my MU sub when it expires.

Dude, it's best value comic wise, it's the WWE Network of comics if the Network just now added WM 32

Not sure if that's a good thing for Civil War II's quality or not. I kinda bailed after a few issues. It's typical for Marvel events to start well and descend into shite, but this time the drop was meteoric. It's probably the worst event in years actually.

AOU still takes the top spot, all books just bullshitted til the event ended.

PsychBat!

Banned

What about SW, Tetrax?

Don't make me cry

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Uhh, this is a good question! I think the answer is yes, I have used digital in the apst, but it was the marvel unlimited thing, I don't believe I've used comixology but it seems like I can log in with amazon. Are you going to recommend something?

Black Hammer. I'll even pay for 'em.

Knew it wouldn't be worth the wait.

3 out of the 4 arcs have been good IMO. But Vol 3 was a series of character-centric flashback issues done by different guest artists plus one gimmick issue. It didn't do much at all to advance the overall plot and couple of the guest artists were pretty shitty IMO. So that is why I wasn't a fan of the 3rd arc.

Yikes. I'll let you know.

You're a comic book writer. Marvel wants you to fix the X-men.

What do you do?

More Psylocke!
Seriously? burn it to the ground.

Yeah I'm definitely not renewing my MU sub when it expires.

I had the $1 comic-con special and didn't renew. lol

Sandfox

I think stuff like Axis and Original Sin were worse.

Black Hammer. I'll even pay for 'em.

Knew it wouldn't be worth the wait.

Haha dude your cray!I couldn't possibly. Super excite for that book though it will be glorious, and on that day, we will shoot that shit

Also how could you possibly call this not worth it, we have some glorious reaction here, I didn't think I would see a new blood reference again in my life. I'm waiting for vampiro to stalk into the thread and unsuccessfully set someone on fire and push them off the titantron.

Sou Da

Lol complain about lesser known characters 'aving nothing to do and then cry when yet ANOTHER x-book isn't announced, brehs.

What about SW, Tetrax?

Don't make me cry

It's typical, but that doesn't mean it always happens. Infinity and Secret Wars were great. They were kinda like, if Avengers/New Avengers is the TV series, the events are The Movie (closer to Big Damn Movie if we're using TV Tropes), the big, actionpacked showpiece to cap off the whole thing. The ending of Secret Wars is a perfect close to Hickman's FF & Avengers runs. I welled up a little like three times over the course of the final issues. I might bitch about there not being a Fantastic Four book, but if there was never another Fantastic Four story, I'd still be satisfied.

I think stuff like Axis and Original Sin were worse.

I'll give you Axis. That was poor even from the end of the first series of Uncanny Avengers. I thought the first two issues of Original Sin were strong though. It got too weird after that though, and not in the fun way the teasers seemed to promise.

you know that shit Claremont and the boyz did back in the 80s?

that

after we blow up everything in the current X-Men universe cuz nigga....its the WOAT

Yep. Do a back to basics, Rebirth-esque approach but with modern sensibilities. We need another Astonishing X-Men, basically.

Sandfox

It's typical, but that doesn't mean it always happens. Infinity and Secret Wars were great. They were kinda like, if Avengers/New Avengers is the TV series, the events are The Movie (closer to Big Damn Movie if we're using TV Tropes), the big, actionpacked showpiece to cap off the whole thing. The ending of Secret Wars is a perfect close to Hickman's FF & Avengers runs. I welled up a little like three times over the course of the final issues. I might bitch about there not being a Fantastic Four book, but if there was never another Fantastic Four story, I'd still be satisfied.

I'll give you Axis. That was poor even from the end of the first series of Uncanny Avengers. I thought the first two issues of Original Sin were strong though. It got too weird after that though, and not in the fun way the teasers seemed to promise.

Yep. Do a back to basis, Rebirth-esque approach but with modern sensibilities. We need another Astonishing X-Men, basically.

Original Sin was the most boring thing I have ever read and if I hadn't block it from memory, I would have mentioned it in last month'd thread for "books that make me want to quit comics".

you know that shit Claremont and the boyz did back in the 80s?

that

after we blow up everything in the current X-Men universe cuz nigga....its the WOAT

So

soft reboot, introduce a status quo with a whole new team of diverse characters, add complexity to pre-existing characters, add a whole bunch of iconic side characters, big operatic storytelling that emphasizes character psychology and relationships, double down on the civil rights metaphors

That sort of thing?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mutants baby! Lets go Marvel, dont do me dirty

Sandfox

So

soft reboot, introduce a status quo with a whole new team of diverse characters, add complexity to pre-existing characters, add a whole bunch of iconic side characters, big operatic storytelling that emphasizes character psychology and relationships, double down on the civil rights metaphors

That sort of thing?
Old school fans seem to get angry over that stuff these days lol.

Original Sin was the most boring thing I have ever read and if I hadn't block it from memory, I would have mentioned it in last month'd thread for "books that make me want to quit comics".

I once told a cashier in a comic shop "I can't wait for Ultimatum." I fear no bad comic.

Man, thinking about Infinity again. It was so good:

"Now we win." Badass.

You know what comic has aged rather poorly?

Geoff Johns first New 52 Aquaman reboot arc. Taking a step back it's kind of obnoxious and its central theme of 'the comic book world thinks Aquaman is lame too!' makes no sense. It just wanted to make a point and it didn't really do anything interesting with the story or Aquaman character to justify going in that direction.

That episode today was mediocre honestly, I'll still take a Bunn horror book over more mutie shit though.

oh, no. Filler episode was kinda boring. Outside of the bit with Onion, of course. I think this show really shines when they're advancing the main plot.

Top Bottom