• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Capture3.jpg

Wolverine going holy shit made me lose it. Issue #1 of Worst X-Man Ever was great

The Mercs book is only two issues in and the story is still being set up. The real interesting thing is that Marvel is advertising it as if Deadpool won't actually be a member of the team with them poking fun at his name being attached.

On the MU thing, I need to see more info, but this is sounding like this will make for a good book to collect in trade assuming it's works how I think it will.

This Beast is at least seemingly getting involved in
magic
though lol.
I'm just curious as to when they brought her back. She has been nuked since New X-Men when she was introduced for all of a page. I think she got brought back in Necrosha, but I'm pretty sure she died again.

Also, Beast
talked to Strange, but it amounted to nothing. The interaction with the mask was an unhappy accident.
So finally catching up on the news and see Resurrxction. I've got this weird thing with Storm seeing Xavier in Extraordinary that makes me think he might be coming back.
I hope not. He's done. Let him be done.

Sandfox

This book is good.
I'm just curious as to when they brought her back. She has been nuked since New X-Men when she was introduced for all of a page. I think she got brought back in Necrosha, but I'm pretty sure she died again.

Also, Beast
talked to Strange, but it amounted to nothing. The interaction with the mask was an unhappy accident.

I hope not. He's done. Let him be done.

I'm sure it's because of the movie. The team composition is looking pretty good.

They are setting up for wolverine to comeback just in time for the movie
The next Wolverine movie is going to be adapting Old Man Logan though.

This book is good.

I'm sure it's because of the movie. The team composition is looking pretty good.

The next Wolverine movie is going to be adapting Old Man Logan though.
I get why they brought her back. I want the when and the how.
Fuck Tempest. She's a liar and murderer.
She lied about her traveling to the future, but who'd she murder? Does that one Omega count as murder? Technically he never existed.
So you're saying she's a member of the X-Men.

HEY OOOOOOOOO

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Worst X-Man Ever #1-5 was pretty fantastic. Although it might be telling that the best X-Men story in awhile is a non-cannon parody :/

Messi

Tempest? Who dat? Do you mean Tempus? Because she's seriously like, the best ever.

At the very least she is Kitty level, maybe Jean/Emma level. Definitely above the Cookoos who I love and want back but let's be realistic here... Eva is better.

Eva is forever in the green with me for calling Cyclops on his shit but more importantly making sure Beast holds that L right at the end.

I'm surprised that nobody brought up Bendis making a small joke about the GAF CW2 leak in Spider-Man.
Didn't read it. What is it.
At the very least she is Kitty level, maybe Jean/Emma level. Definitely above the Cookoos who I love and want back but let's be realistic here... Eva is better.

Eva is forever in the green with me for calling Cyclops on his shit but more importantly making sure Beast holds that L right at the end.
The problem with calling Cyke on his shit was that Hill dropping a Helicarrier on Matthew Malloy wasn't his fault. Matthew was actually fine while Cyke was talking him down. That whole thing was a fuck up from Hill (again) that Eva ended up needing to fix because there were no other options. Another example of others cleaning up Hill's mess, and in the end Hill accomplished nothing.

Oh hey, Messi. I got my DCBS order last week with Conner Art of War Wonder Woman and the Harley and Katana Suicide Squad statues. I knew the Conner statue would be dope, but the SS statues were a lot nicer than I was expecting.

Sandfox

Didn't read it. What is it.

The problem with calling Cyke on his shit was that Hill dropping a Helicarrier on Matthew Malloy wasn't his fault. Matthew was actually fine while Cyke was talking him down. That whole thing was a fuck up from Hill (again) that Eva ended up needing to fix because there were no other options. Another example of others cleaning up Hill's mess, and in the end Hill accomplished nothing.

When Miles is talking to Bombshell she calls Ulysses Homer only for Miles to correct her.
It's just a small thing.

When Miles is talking to Bombshell she calls Ulysses Homer only for Miles to correct her.
It's just a small thing.
I like it
Didn't Eva also criticize Xavier for shit he hasn't done yet?

I think so. Something about it being the best decision he'll make or some shit. I'll have to look it up. Apparently ensuring a mutant doesn't ever exist is better than mentally blocking his powers over the span of fifteen years.

A lot of morally ambiguous shit happened over the course of Bendis' All-New/Uncanny.

Messi

Oh hey, Messi. I got my DCBS order last week with Conner Art of War Wonder Woman and the Harley and Katana Suicide Squad statues. I knew the Conner statue would be dope, but the SS statues were a lot nicer than I was expecting.

I got Conners Wonder Woman and the eye paint is fucked up. My SS Harley is in DCBS limbo just like Batwoman was. Picked and not shipped for a week now.

Sandfox

Comixolgy is having a Guardians of the Galaxy sale that includes some other books.

Yooooooooo Marvel BOGO sale is happening on CMX this weekend

Of course this happens right after I fill out a IST order lol. I'll probably end up picking something up like Fraction's Hawkeye or Duggan's Nova.

Messi

Comixolgy is having a Guardians of the Galaxy sale that includes some other books.

Of course this happens right after I fill out a IST order lol. I'll probably end up picking something up like Fraction's Hawkeye or Duggan's Nova.

Buy the Angela issues. It's the first volume of Marguerite Bennetts lovely run.

Owzers

I got Conners Wonder Woman and the eye paint is fucked up. My SS Harley is in DCBS limbo just like Batwoman was. Picked and not shipped for a week now.

You should paint it.

I'm still thinking about the Timm WW Art of War statue, but i don't feel like getting something i'm going to have to paint right now.

Their shipping frequency is weird. They had two items for me by the end of July including the Conner Wonder Woman, but they didn't ship me anything at all for that month and waited until the SS statues came in in August to ship it all at once. This wouldn't bother me except my account specifies to send me my shipment of in-stock items on week 4 of the month.

At my LCS I saw a Jessica Jones: Avenger trade. Basically a collection of any JJ centric issues of varying Avenger's books post Alias and Pulse

Seemed not worth it.

Rhaknar

Angela Queen of Hel #5 - cute ending to the first story as Angela escapes with Sera and that other lady from ine hell to another, Brooklyn. Although for it being a book called Queen of Hel, she was queen for like 2 pages and then gave it up so what?

Gorgeous art as usual, and I like that they stopped dilly dallying around them being gay and are much more open with it (actually this was more of the previous run problem but Ive been wanting to say it for awhile), although that might not have helped the book in the long run. Or is that too cynical of me?

Daredevil #4 - Filler issue with Rogers showing up to ask DD to help with a problem in his old neighbourhood, while Blindspot goes to confront his mom about fucking a cult leader. And Matt whines internally about making everyone forget who he is. Has what happened to acomplish that been revealed yet? Its Mephisto again isnt it? Anyway book continues to be ok at best.

Messi

Angela Queen of Hel #5 - cute ending to the first story as Angela escapes with Sera and that other lady from ine hell to another, Brooklyn. Although for it being a book called Queen of Hel, she was queen for like 2 pages and then gave it up so what?

Gorgeous art as usual, and I like that they stopped dilly dallying around them being gay and are much more open with it (actually this was more of the previous run problem but Ive been wanting to say it for awhile), although that might not have helped the book in the long run. Or is that too cynical of me?

They were not allowed to according to Marguerite Bennett. She pushed for it but was given resistance. Same goes for Sera being Trans. That's why they act like buddies early on.

The book won a GLAAD award. It didn't help the book nor did it hurt the book.

mreddie

Is AN Wolverine Annual good?

They were not allowed to according to Marguerite Bennett. She pushed for it but was given resistance. Same goes for Sera being Trans. That's why they act like buddies early on.

Was Alonso scared of backlash?

Messi

Is AN Wolverine Annual good?

Was Alonso scared of backlash?

CBR: The issue also confirmed the romantic relationship between Angela and Sera, something that had been speculated about by fans. So is it accurate to say that Angela is the first gay or bisexual lead character in the All-New, All-Different Marvel era?

Alonso: That’s a question for readers to ponder and answer for themselves. We’re not looking to put labels on the character or the series. We’d prefer that the story Marguerite, Kim and Stephanie are telling — all aspects of it — speak for itself.

Fuck off Alonso. They were quick to say Hercules was straight though.

Messi

So gay and lesbians are good but a transsexual love interest? LOLMAYBESHEISORISNTLOL

Fuck off.

Starting out Sera and Angelas relationship was only hinted at. It's as much a problem with a lesbian relationship as it is a transsexual one. Then again why am I surprised. This is the same company that completely bungled the whole iceman thing.

Rhaknar

When is it said Sera is trans? I dont remember that

Rhaknar

Contest of Champions #3-5 - this book has no business being as fun as it is. Give Al Ewing all the money. Fucking Night Trasher shows up and its a big deal, him and his stupid skateboard. And all hell breaks loose in issue #5 and its glorious, they keep making fun of NT's skateboard. I would totally read this as an ongoing forever, just keep adding in random ass obscure characters.

Messi

Contest of Champions #3-5 - this book has no business being as fun as it is. Give Al Ewing all the money. Fucking Night Trasher shows up and its a big deal, him and his stupid skateboard. And all hell breaks loose in issue #5 and its glorious, they keep making fun of NT's skateboard. I would totally read this as an ongoing forever, just keep adding in random ass obscure characters.

It's the same quality to the end.

Manapul just saved over a finished Trinity page. That's gotta sting :/

Rhaknar

It's the same quality to the end.

But how? Its based on a mobile game and, I mean, it doesnt even make a grand story out of it, its basically random heroes fighting each other but it's so good lol.

Messi

But how? Its based on a mobile game and, I mean, it doesnt even make a grand story out of it, its basically random heroes fighting each other but it's so good lol.

It's Ewing. He takes his characters seriously and he is a good writer. Arts great too imo.

frye

overwatch season 2 off to a terrible start and the new Jupiter's Legacy is buttcheeks

today was a bad day folks

Top Bottom