• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion Thread

nice, are you gonna be following all 3 games or just some of them

anyway looking at Project M's views on hitbox maybe it's not such a bad decision, it helps that it's basically front page material there

Anth0ny

my new favourite twitch copypasta:

hello gimr, i was just wondering how to play game & watch, should i use the hammer, liked how you hammered the nails on project m's coffin? should i use the bucket, liked how you dumped ice water on pm's competitive scene? or should i use his pummel, like how you pummeled our hopes away?

my new favourite twitch copypasta:

hello gimr, i was just wondering how to play game & watch, should i use the hammer, liked how you hammered the nails on project m's coffin? should i use the bucket, liked how you dumped ice water on pm's competitive scene? or should i use his pummel, like how you pummeled our hopes away?

lol I saw that, I was wondering if someone else noticed it

it's hitbox copypasta, get it right

Codeblue

I feel like one of the reasons Melee is great is that pretty much all the commentators at the big tournaments are great. NMW is not one of those commentators.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like one of the reasons Melee is great is that pretty much all the commentators at the big tournaments are great. NMW is not one of those commentators.

Definitely helps, I can't think of any big name commentators that I simply don't like hearing

PM commentators usually leave a lot to be desired in comparison. :(

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What is meant by "Shy Guy DI"? I see it sometimes during matches on YI and I'm not sure how to parse it.

Shy guys are weird. One way they are weird is when you hit them after an opponent hits you, it's the same as when you are knocked into another player and counts as another hit. So you can DI that hit.

I assume that's what it refers to.

Anth0ny

oh my god this picture blows my mind:

sSDqb5j.jpg

that's mango and leffen playing friendlies on a random set up

LOOK AT THE CROWD

back at apex 2013, mango and armada used to do the same thing. the only people watching were me, ppmd, kirby kaze and like 3 other people.

how the times have changed. melee is so much bigger now than it was in 2013 :)

emb

Apparently doubles for all games have been canceled at Paragon.

Bad look for the TOs.
Ouch. Things started late too, iirc? Must be some logistics issues going on.
oh my god this picture blows my mind:

snip

that's mango and leffen playing friendlies on a random set up

LOOK AT THE CROWD

back at apex 2013, mango and armada used to do the same thing. the only people watching were me, ppmd, kirby kaze and like 3 other people.

how the times have changed. melee is so much bigger now than it was in 2013 :)
Yep. I remember Mango and Armada (and maybe PP Mango?) doing the same at Apex 2012, and the crowd was pretty small. Seems like top players can barely go out on the floor with general population these days, without getting surrounded or even harassed.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Mr Lz vs Lunchables already? Seems early for that.

Yesss, happy to see him win. Lunchables in losers in like round one though, that's nuts.

M2K on now, playing Seagull Joe.

M2K's Falcon, with the 0 to death. Then a SD.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hitbox is so much smoother than Twitch. I can never watch a tournament on Twitch without a ton of problems, and Hitbox was nearly flawless yesterday, and no problems today.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
hitbox servers has way less to do tho

Regardless of the reason, PM at Paragon has been a better experience as a viewer than any stream I've ever watched on Twitch.

The comeback by Mr Lz. Then the 0 to death.

Want to see him win it, but top 8 is going to be rough.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Melee bracket looks awesome.

Wonder if Stereokidd can double eliminate IPK.

IPK too good.

M2K was so close to bringing that back.

Project M ‏@ProjectMGame 2m2 minutes ago

With help from Paragon, we were able to record new crowd chants for the Pokemon, Roy, and Mewtwo!

Neat.

And that sick 0-death by Oracle on Junebug.

Mr Lz up 2-0 on Hbox. Hbox changing to Mario? 3-0, with the bucket finish.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Peléo;177784682 said:
So many great melee matches going off-screen. I wish we had VGbootcamp2 for secondary stream.

Melee not on at all right now? VSGC isn't streaming anything and VGBC has Smash 4 up.

And Hbox over IPK. Now let's go M2K.

M2K clutching it out, wow.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oracle knows the G&W matchup well, looks tough for Mr Lz. Hope he takes it though, game 2 was a good start.

And game 3, this is crazy.

Woooow, he won.

Pappasman

Ya it depends on the character. Too many people just let their opponents back on the stage for free and it looks to me that its because theres no way to edgeguard some of these recoveries.

Melee just started on vsgc.

Pappasman

HOLD THE FUCKING LEDGE.

Jesus christ. Oracle let go free kills because he was too scared to grab ledge against GW. That was full on stupid and something I've seen a lot in PM. It's not hard people.

lol this thread is more active than the other thread for all the weekend tournaments

anyway Hbox beats Professor Pro in PM and loses to him in Melee? lolwut

also in Smash 4, ESAM is washed up confirmed, and Dabuz lost to Rich Brown in winners? lmao

Top Bottom