• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Computer-age :building a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
MBM-P5B-E6400 :: Asus P5B Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard and an Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz OEM Processor (3.3 lbs)
$551.99

Remove this product from your shopping cart E145-8014 :: EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS Superclocked / 320MB GDDR3 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card with Dark Messiah Might & Magic PC Game (1 lbs)
$398.99

Remove this product from your shopping cart TC3J-2145 :: Ultra Black Aluminus ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB, Firewire and Audio Ports And Ultra X2 550-Watt Power Supply (22.3 lbs)
$172.99

Remove this product from your shopping cart O261-8032 :: OCZ Dual Channel XTC 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz Gamer Memory (2 x 1024MB) (0.4 lbs)
$224.97

Remove this product from your shopping cart TSD-500M2 :: Maxtor / MaXLine Pro 500 / 500GB / 7200 / 16MB / Serial ATA-300 / RoHS / OEM / Hard Drive (1.7 lbs)
$159.97

Remove this product from your shopping cart S167-4219 :: Sony DRU-120C Multi-Drive / 16x DVD±R Burn & Read / 8x DVD+RW / 6x DVD-RW / 5x DVD-RAM / 8x DVD+R DL / 4x DVD-R DL / 48x24x CD-R/RW / Black Only / Retail Internal DVD Burner (2.3 lbs)
$53.99

Remove this product from your shopping cart † A180-1916SWD8 CA :: Acer AL1916WASD / 19" / 5ms / 700:1 / 1440 x 900 / Silver / DVI / Silver / Widescreen LCD Monitor (12 lbs)
$239.99

Remove this product from your shopping cart L23-7074 :: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard (4.45 lbs)
$91.99

Remove this product from your shopping cart C44-3272 :: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE (0.8 lbs)
$46.99

R99-1000 :: Razer Diamondback Salamander Gaming Mouse (Red) (2 lbs)
$46.99

Here, are the parts I have it's all canadian prices.. the total is $1,988.86 which is my budget..

what are your thoughts computer builders?

Vieo

Add this case and you will have achieved 1337n3ss.

T7B.jpg

wait for quad-core

EDIT: lol. $91 keyboard? just get a standard one.

Vieo

BTW, you should really use www.pricewatch.com. It's like a stock market for computer components.

I already see where you can save some loot

Newegg has that keyboard for $71.99 (free shipping)
Computer Giants has that Sony drive for $47.58 (free shipping)
eWiz.com has that soundcard for $29.56 (free ground shipping)

I didn't even check the rest. If you shop around you'll save loot which you can pocket or put back into getting better main components(CPU, Memory, Motherboard, Graphics Card)

Vieo said:
BTW, you should really use www.pricewatch.com. It's like a stock market for computer components.

I already see where you can save some loot

Newegg has that keyboard for $71.99 (free shipping)
Computer Giants has that Sony drive for $47.58 (free shipping)
eWiz.com has that soundcard for $29.56 (free ground shipping)

I didn't even check the rest. If you shop around you'll save loot which you can pocket or put back into getting better main components(CPU, Memory, Motherboard, Graphics Card)

yeah, but that stuff is in American monies, I am in canada, I believe the prices for canadian currency are the best around.

TemplaerDude said:
don't wait for quad core. cpu is fine, not the best, but reasonably good. looks like a nice rig to me.

That C2D only has 2MB of L2 cache. I'd personally go up to E6600 2.4GHz to get the 4MB of L2 cache. If he's going with lower cache to make overclocking easier, I think the 1.8GHz E4300 is a better candidate than the E6400 2.13GHz IIRC.

Shogmaster said:
That C2D only has 2MB of L2 cache. I'd personally go up to E6600 2.4GHz to get the 4MB of L2 cache. If he's going with lower cache to make overclocking easier, I think the 1.8GHz E4300 is a better candidate than the E6400 2.13GHz IIRC.

I also, just noticed that so I swtiched the mobo combo for these two suckers.

CP2-DUO-E6600 :: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz / 4MB Cache / 1066MHz FSB / Conroe / Dual-Core / OEM / Socket 775 / Processor (0.15 lbs)
$418.99

S458-1240 :: ECS nForce 570 SLIT-A v5.1 NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / S/PDIF / SLI Ready / Gigabit LAN / USB 2.0 / Serial ATA / RAID (2.85 lbs)
$126.99

Hooker

Don't take the superclocked version of that EVGA card, the normal one can reach the same clocks for less money.

And faster RAM is also advisable. PC6400+ is the minimum you want. Don't let the tag "gamer memory" fool you. Furthermore, there have been some instances where OCZ memory wouldn't work quite as well on Asus Conroe boards.

That case is too expensive for a no-name. Prices like that should be reserved for Lian-Li and the likes

DVD-burner should be cheaper as well. Look for the NEC 7170S (SATA as well)

I'd also get a X-Fi card if you want a Creative card.

Mouse and keyboard, you should just pick whatever suits you. I personally think the LCd in the G-15 is overrated. If I'm really into my game, I can't be bothered to look down at my keyboard to see how many bullets I've left. For a mouse, I like the Logitech shape better.

Also, don't forget that Intel is dropping the prices on Conroe & Kentfield upto 40% April 2nd. Not to mention that ATi will have released their cards which should make nVidia's prices drop.

ElfoMan

I'm kind of in the same situation than you, so lets share this thread :p.

I'm also building a computer but I already have case, dvd reader/burner, hddrives,mouse,keyboard, and monitor.

EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
$109.99
FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX450-PN, 12cm FAN, version 2.2, 2 SATA, PCI Express, 450W Power Supply - Retail
$53.99
Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory Model KVR667D2N5/1G - Retail
$69.99
ASUS P5B LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
$124.99
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6400 - Retail
$222.00

//Total: $580.96
That kind of around my budget, what do you guys think? Will this work together? Would you recommend me anything else?

Hooker

Minimum of 2GB of RAM, period. I already had 1GB in my current rig, which I built in September 2002. Needless to say, to put only 1GB in nowadays... nah

And in your case a 6300 or a 4300 would be better I reckon. It'll be a better balanced machine. And pair that CPU with a Gigabyte DS3. Should be dirt-cheap now.

Hooker said:
Don't take the superclocked version of that EVGA card, the normal one can reach the same clocks for less money.

And faster RAM is also advisable. PC6400+ is the minimum you want. Don't let the tag "gamer memory" fool you. Furthermore, there have been some instances where OCZ memory wouldn't work quite as well on Asus Conroe boards.

That case is too expensive for a no-name. Prices like that should be reserved for Lian-Li and the likes

DVD-burner should be cheaper as well. Look for the NEC 7170S (SATA as well)

I'd also get a X-Fi card if you want a Creative card.

Mouse and keyboard, you should just pick whatever suits you. I personally think the LCd in the G-15 is overrated. If I'm really into my game, I can't be bothered to look down at my keyboard to see how many bullets I've left. For a mouse, I like the Logitech shape better.

Also, don't forget that Intel is dropping the prices on Conroe & Kentfield upto 40% April 2nd. Not to mention that ATi will have released their cards which should make nVidia's prices drop.

The case is pretty sweet, and it comes with a 550 power supply, remember this is Canadian currency. and it's on sale for a 40 dollar rebate.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2215103&sku=TC3J-2145

as for the x_fi card, I was looking into that but it's pretty much double the price.

damn it in a month the dual core will be half price? why would anyone buy them now???

puck1337

If you're buying that expensive of a rig, why are you cheaping out on the display? Find a way to get a display that does at least 1680x1050, ideally 1920x1080.

fart

Savant
on that note why are you calling it a rig?

this is a rig:
oilrig450.jpg

this is a computer:
Alto_workstation.jpg

totally ****ing different

Nicodimas

Banned
Go with a 6300 and OC.

*****Base Price $875 +$105+$104 +$360+ $680= $2123 A little bit more, but searching for deals this could go down--This has Vista on it*****

>>>Didnt notice it was Canadian this is 2500 Canadian.

Bump from 1 gig to 2 gigs +$104

+Antec P180. $105

+EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail $359

+
Gateway - 24" Widescreen High-Definition Flat-Panel LCD Monitor FPD2485W
6 ms response time; 1000:1 contrast ratio; 450 cd/m² brightness; 1920 x 1200 pixel resolution; high-definition support

Our Price: $679.99

Update GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Model #: GA-965P-DS3
Item #: N82E16813128012

Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

In Stock
$132.99 $132.99

Update SeaSonic M12 SS-600HM ATX12V / EPS12V 600W Power Supply - Retail
Model #: SS-600HM
Item #: N82E16817151030

In Stock
$174.99 -$15.00 Instant $159.99

Update Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6300 - Retail
Model #: BX80557E6300
Item #: N82E16819115005

Return Policy: Processors (CPUs) Return Policy

In Stock
$185.00 $185.00

Update Patriot Signature 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory Model PSD21G6672 - Retail
Model #: PSD21G6672
Item #: N82E16820220145

In Stock
Mail-in Rebate
$103.99 $103.99

Update Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250820AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Model #: ST3250820AS
Item #: N82E16822148142

Return Policy: Limited 30-Day Return Policy

In Stock
$74.99 $74.99

Update SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write, LightScribe Technology Black IDE Model SH-S182M/BEBN - OEM
Model #: SH-S182M/BEBN
Item #: N82E16827151136

In Stock
$33.99 $33.99

Update Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD - OEM
Model #: 66I-00788
Item #: N82E16832116204

Return Policy: Software Return Policy

In Stock
$119.99 $119.99

Update Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM
Model #: ARCTIC SILVER 5
Item #: N82E16835100007

Return Policy: Consumable Items Return Policy

In Stock
$5.99 $5.99

Update Scythe SCINF-1000 120mm CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail
Model #: SCINF-1000
Item #: N82E16835185027

In Stock
$57.99 $57.99
**Subtotal: $874.92

I've always pushed for a Creative card but their drivers and add bloat just never seem to get better. You may want to look into a highend mobo with good sound. I've also only had bad luck with ECS boards.

Nicodimas, you may want to check out this review. I haven't tried it yet but will give it a go the next time I'm setting a heatsink.

Nicodimas

Banned
Because It has better OCs for the average person than the 6600. They both hit the same speed with no moding 3.5ghz if you get a good CPU. Some people have got faster then 6600, but thats rare. The cache difference is minimal.

Good to know about AS5.

Chrono

Banned
well this is not worth a thread of its own and I keep waiting for a good thread to ask this so what the hell...

can anybody recommend the best possible video card for ~200? I'm currently using a 6600GT with 128MB of memory.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Chrono said:
well this is not worth a thread of its own and I keep waiting for a good thread to ask this so what the hell...

can anybody recommend the best possible video card for ~200? I'm currently using a 6600GT with 128MB of memory.

Gotten from this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142910

Supposedly the 8600 series cards are supposed to be coming around May. If you want to wait till then to pick up a Mid Range DX10 card...that may be for the best. Not sure on the priceing though...will probably be around $200

JCBossman

Banned
I am in a similar boat, I am building an ALL new Vista Box, I have my Case, Antec NL-6500 with 430w PS, my New Burner Lite-on 18X, Audigy ZX card,Keyboard and trackball(I hate Mice) and HD, but I need to know is it going to be possible to "pull the trigger" on the mainboard,CPU,graphics card before May and get a decent priced Quad core Intel CPU(2-300US) and Dx10 card for 2 bills?

John_B

Nicodimas said:
Go with a 6300 and OC.
I'm sorry, but this is just plain stupid.

Overcloking is a hobby, it's for people who care about benchmark scores, and even more about improving those scores.

What you gain from overclocking in normal day applications and games is peanuts compared to the possible instability you create.

That CPU have enough juice to run a Terminator, there is no need to boost it.

gohepcat

Banned
John_B said:
I'm sorry, but this is just plain stupid.

Overclocking is a hobby, it's for people who care about benchmark scores, and even more about improving those scores.

What you gain from overclocking in normal day applications and games is peanuts compared to the possible instability you create.

That CPU have enough juice to run a Terminator, there is no need to boost it.

Sorry, no.

I've overclocked every CPU I've had in the last 8 years. All of them using Prime95 to test stability. My current CPU has been overclocked for 2 years without issue. Nvidia makes overclocking tools for their motherboards and video video cards, and all modern motherboards (retail ones) allow you to lock different bus speeds (PCI, IDE, AGP, etc.) to allow stable overclocking. It's a built in feature for that purpose

My overclocked CPUs perform the same is the top of the line models. It's not a small performance gain, It can be very large, and it's very safe to do if you are willing to do some research.

Anyway

Get the E6600, it's the same physical chip as the extreme version, just at a lower clock.

gohepcat said:
Sorry, no.

I've overclocked every CPU I've had in the last 8 years. All of them using Prime95 to test stability. My current CPU has been overclocked for 2 years without issue. Nvidia makes overclocking tools for their motherboards and video video cards, and all modern motherboards (retail ones) allow you to lock different bus speeds (PCI, IDE, AGP, etc.) to allow stable overclocking. It's a built in feature for that purpose

My overclocked CPUs perform the same is the top of the line models. It's not a small performance gain, It can be very large, and it's very safe to do if you are willing to do some research.

Overclocking can be problem for those who want lots of RAM since it hinders you from using all DIMM slots often times (most Core supporting mobos won't let you use all 4 slots at higher speeds so you have to buy bigger capacity DIMMs, which can be cost prohibitive).

I'll be needing over 4GB (probably gonna go for 8GB) with my new Core2 rig (HA! to fart!) in a few months, so overclocking is a no go personally.

John_B

The E6600 is an amazing CPU, you won't regret buying it.

gohepcat said:
Sorry, no.
With all the time and effort spent on optimizing, adjusting and testing your bus speeds, what is it that you have gained, besides hardware that will die out sooner? Admit it, you do that because you like to, not because it's needed or have any significant impact anyways.

All the manufacturers have implemented overclocking features on their boards, because even though that great majority of people that buy their products don't use these features, their products will still seem inferior if they lack features of their competitors.

I would never suggest people to overclock their computer, and I would never build a overclocked system for somebody. It will make a system more unstable, no matter how many times it can run prime without crashing. I know you don't agree, most overclockers don't, because they won't admit to their little hobby. I just think it's stupid of them to recommend it to others, and possibly cause them trouble.

Hooker

John_B said:
With all the time and effort spent on optimizing, adjusting and testing your bus speeds, what is it that you have gained, besides hardware that will die out sooner? Admit it, you do that because you like to, not because it's needed or have any significant impact anyways.

All the manufacturers have implemented overclocking features on their boards, because even though that great majority of people that buy their products don't use these features, their products will still seem inferior if they lack features of their competitors.

I would never suggest people to overclock their computer, and I would never build a overclocked system for somebody. It will make a system more unstable, no matter how many times it can run prime without crashing. I know you don't agree, most overclockers don't, because they won't admit to their little hobby. I just think it's stupid of them to recommend it to others, and possibly cause them trouble.
I agree with not recommending it to people not in the know-how of PC's. But saying it's not needed or not having any significant impact is not true.

I'm running a Northwood 2.4 @ 2.7 and a r350 @ XT Flash @ 30% OC (don't remember the clocks by heart) and the performance increase was HUGE. Being able to step up the resolution in lots of games made it worth it to me. From the hardware you can tell it's about 4/5 years old, and it's been running stable and cool for those 4/5 years...

gohepcat

Banned
John_B said:
The E6600 is an amazing CPU, you won't regret buying it.

You are simply incorrect.

If you are building your own machine there is simply no reason NOT to overclock. It does absolutely nothing to the length of the life of the CPU, or the motherboard as long as you are using stock voltage, and the temperature is within spec. If your machine will run Prime95 for 24 hours without an error it's as stable as stock speed.

There are PC's that you can buy from CompUSA that will fail Prime 95 and still be considered "stable". Running Prime 95 for 24 hours proves stable operation.

A E6600 clocked to 2.9Ghz is an X6800, end of story. Looking at the manufacturing numbers on the chip itself will show that it came from the exact same manufacturing process, sometimes even the same wafer.

Hell even Intel and AMD unlock their high end chips for overclocking via the multiplier. The ONLY reason they would do that is to allow people to overclock.

How long did it take me to "tweak" my system? Probably about 30 minutes worth of actual work, and 48 hours worth of stability testing. I have about a decades worth of building machines under my belt, and I have never seen a machine fail due to reasonable overclocking. I've never read about one failing either.

You know the funny thing is that I usually DON'T recommend that people overclock their system. I don't recommend that people even build their own systems. I tell them to just go to the store and buy a computer....but if you are building your own system, you should be able to read up on what chips overclock well, and how to do it.

Nicodimas

Banned
Agree with gophepcat. OC if you think your capable of building your own system. You should be fine. Just a bit of research/testing and a person should be ok. Not saying its going to be easy, because nothing is ever easy as someone will make it out to be.

However, it can be quite fun.

Though Id go with a 6300, but thats because im a cheapass and like to get as much a possible from as little.

oreelios

I'm sorry for being Mr. Cynical in here, but I don't really see the point in upgrading right now. Unless your last comp died or something, I'd wait at least another 4 or 5 months. DX10 cards will come way down in price (Along with everything else) and it'll be closer to the release of HL2EP2, which, let's face it, is the next game coming out that everyone is going to want to upgrade for (When does Crysis come out?).

It is strange that anyone would say o/c'ing yields no results. I love doing it but the realworld payoff is noticable.

http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2802&p=11

Check out their Oblivion results. That overclock is easy to reach and most will be able to hit it on stock voltages. It added ~16fps to the game and put their e6400 in line with a x6800. If overclocking is not for you, then fine, but to suggest that nothing usefull comes from it is flat out wrong.

oreelios said:
I'm sorry for being Mr. Cynical in here, but I don't really see the point in upgrading right now. Unless your last comp died or something, I'd wait at least another 4 or 5 months. DX10 cards will come way down in price (Along with everything else) and it'll be closer to the release of HL2EP2, which, let's face it, is the next game coming out that everyone is going to want to upgrade for (When does Crysis come out?).

I am a big rts, fan and I want to play supreme commander and C&C 3 in full glory.

I am not looking for top of the line edge but I want to run everything at decent settings.

which I am sure this beast will do..

I wanted to OC, but I am a little apprehensive of making the brand new cpu unstable.

I've decided to go with this mother board, MSI P965 Platinum.

It's a great board, but it's OC features arn't the best. seems like a fair trade off.

Edit: I am still researching the best mobo/perprice and considering OC but like I said I am still skeptical.

Nicodimas said:
Go with the P5B over the MSI.

I may have my wires crossed but I think there is a p5b-e that will make things easier should he decide to O/C. And yeah, MSI's have always been problematic for me. I lean towards Gigabyte, a DS3 is a strong performer at both stock and overclocking and is pretty easy on the wallet.

DreamMachine:

Some people just get really odd about overclocking but so long as your temps are fine and your mobo is up to the job, the Core2Duo are up to the job. If you are nervous about it but still want to give it a shot, just limit yourself to what you can do without fiddling with volts. As element suggested, the 4300 are cheap but amazing overclockers. Considering you love RTS's, O/C'ing will likely benefit you a great deal as they tend (in my experience) to push the CPU very hard.

AntoneM

Just get a cheap keyboard and mouse, get a case without a power supply and put some of that money toward a quality power supply. I don't care if the case comes with a 550W power supply. If it's a shitty quality PS, then your whole computer will run like shit. I haven't done much reading on power supplies in the last couple years but I do know that Antec is still well respected and my Antec PS has been rock solid for almost 4 years now!

Nicodimas

Banned
SeaSonic makes the best power supplies. Never go cheap on the powersupply.

ds3+ 6300 would be my first choice. Especially when this happens:

4MB L2 across the board for the 6000 series
Another significant update coming in Q2 is that the low end 6000 series Core 2 Duo processors will receive 4MB L2 caches like their more expensive brethren. Currently the E6300 and E6400 both have 2MB L2s, but both chips will be replaced by 4MB versions - the E6320 and E6420 respectively. Clock speeds and other details won’t change, but performance will obviously increase. The best part of it all is that pricing won’t change either, so if you’re contemplating buying an E6300 or E6400 you’d be better off waiting a quarter so you can get the extra cache for free.

Diablos

DreamMachine said:
MBM-P5B-E6400 :: Asus P5B Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard and an Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz OEM Processor (3.3 lbs)
$551.99

Remove this product from your shopping cart E145-8014 :: EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS Superclocked / 320MB GDDR3 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card with Dark Messiah Might & Magic PC Game (1 lbs)
$398.99

Remove this product from your shopping cart TC3J-2145 :: Ultra Black Aluminus ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB, Firewire and Audio Ports And Ultra X2 550-Watt Power Supply (22.3 lbs)
$172.99

Remove this product from your shopping cart O261-8032 :: OCZ Dual Channel XTC 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz Gamer Memory (2 x 1024MB) (0.4 lbs)
$224.97

Remove this product from your shopping cart TSD-500M2 :: Maxtor / MaXLine Pro 500 / 500GB / 7200 / 16MB / Serial ATA-300 / RoHS / OEM / Hard Drive (1.7 lbs)
$159.97

Remove this product from your shopping cart S167-4219 :: Sony DRU-120C Multi-Drive / 16x DVD±R Burn & Read / 8x DVD+RW / 6x DVD-RW / 5x DVD-RAM / 8x DVD+R DL / 4x DVD-R DL / 48x24x CD-R/RW / Black Only / Retail Internal DVD Burner (2.3 lbs)
$53.99

Remove this product from your shopping cart † A180-1916SWD8 CA :: Acer AL1916WASD / 19" / 5ms / 700:1 / 1440 x 900 / Silver / DVI / Silver / Widescreen LCD Monitor (12 lbs)
$239.99

Remove this product from your shopping cart L23-7074 :: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard (4.45 lbs)
$91.99

Remove this product from your shopping cart C44-3272 :: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE (0.8 lbs)
$46.99

R99-1000 :: Razer Diamondback Salamander Gaming Mouse (Red) (2 lbs)
$46.99

Here, are the parts I have it's all canadian prices.. the total is $1,988.86 which is my budget..

what are your thoughts computer builders?
$90 for a keyboard :lol

PS - That case is ridiculous. Standard ATX bothers me now. I want a MicroATX case since I now have a MicroATX board.

element

The new Antec Nine Hundred is sweet looking!!
900_q.jpg

I have a COOLER MASTER Centurion 532. I really like having the headphone jacks at the top.
11-119-094-02.JPG

I have a COOLER MASTER Centurion 532. I really like having the headphone jacks at the top.
11-119-094-02.JPG
[/QUOTE]

I like the coolmaster, but how's the sound level and do you find that the bars are obtrusive?

element

DreamMachine said:
I like the coolmaster, but how's the sound level and do you find that the bars are obtrusive?
in terms of silence? it is very quiet. I have two low speed case fans, and a pretty quiet PSU. I really only hear the hard drives and the graphics card (x1800).
I didn't like the bars at first, but rarely look at the case, since it is on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom