• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google announces availability of new Chromebook and the Chromebox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu this is so much better than the 550 (in the OP) it's not even funny, and it's half the price!

- Full HDMI port instead of janky "Display++"
- 1366 x 768 resolution instead of 1280 x 800 (smaller screen too, so much better PPI)
- 6.5 hours battery instead of 6

:bow Arm :bow

No 3G/4G option is kind of a bummer, though. :(

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu this is so much better than the 550 (in the OP) it's not even funny, and it's half the price!

- 1366 x 768 resolution instead of 1280 x 800 (smaller screen too, so much better PPI)

Just tether amirite. i'll probably buy since the testbook i got from them is starting to suck LOL.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

can't win 'em all

$250 is seriously cheap though

giga

Odd that battery life only increased half an hour compared to the old Atom. I want to see some benches on that A15.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Series 5 550: 124.75 PPI
New Chromebook: 135.09 PPI

OK, not "much better," but still probably noticeable.

That hinge is pretty ugly though. And it's a step back in RAM (back down to 2 GB like the initial Chromebooks from 4 GB.)

snacknuts

we all knew her
I just posted this in the Android thread, but I'll say it again here: I would MUCH rather spend $250 on this than on a tablet.

Good price, interesting to see the performance.

I only need a browser on a laptop so it would be fine for me. But am thinking of getting an ipad mini, so real need.

Cake Boss

Banned
For 250$? This is perfect for my mom, a light computer user that just wants something simple for internet and email.

Is it coming to Canada yet?

unsure if want to order at amazon.com since this is a new product. probably has the box written with google samsung chromebook on it so everyone will see.

JordanKZ

ARM based chromebook for that price? Assuming the OS is speedy (and you get one outside of America for a decent price). Day one for me.

OMG, the real megaton from that video:

Google+ notifications and profile/sharing area finally coming to YouTube!
I wonder if anyone will even notice when Google+ overtakes Facebook. One day we will just wake up and all be using Google+ instead of Facebook. It's like watching a tree grow.
Reminds me of the move from MySpace to Facebook.
This exchange is the funniest thing I've ever read. I can't believe you guys wrote it just 5 months ago. You should be embarrassed.

womp

How could I hook my in-laws HP all in one USB printer to one of these? Is it even possible? Still relying on cloud print? :|

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Samsung's putting out a redesigned version of the Chromebox.

Z0dB1.jpg

Same exact specs, but it looks a little smaller. Still no HDMI is disappointing, hopefully it's sold at a bigger discount than the original model (which is still $330.)

Upside is it's Intel, so it can run Netflix fine.

any info on how the sales are going?
if they wont take off with this price i think chromebooks are dead

It's been the best selling overall laptop on Amazon for several weeks now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Would be awesome but sounds fairly fake.

I'd ditch my ARMbook in a second if it was real, though. Don't even care about price.

Edit- "Concept"

Loooool.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I want it be real so bad. Give it to me Googy.

I have no desire for a touch screen on my laptop or a Chrome OS device, though.

$200.00...if...I'm in.

KuGsj.gif

This thing is going to be $700 minimum yo. IF it's real.

Dat resolution guarantees at least $600, touchscreen adds at least $100 to that... And if they're doing both, would they use Arm? I'm unsure.

SimleuqiR

http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif

Dat resolution guarantees at least $600, touchscreen adds at least $100 to that... And if they're doing both, would they use Arm? I'm unsure.

Ok. Maybe I'm being too crazy with the price. If it is $700.00 I would like at least some decent hard-drive space. Nothing too crazy either, at least 32 gigs. 64 gigs would be awesome.

KuGsj.gif

it'll be $350-400. ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom