• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONCACAF Gold Cup | 7-26 July 2015 | The Ecstasy of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mory Dunz

What kind of clearance?

Alvarado is saying don't play ne again.

Edit.
that break.

Bradley effed up by passing too late.

Zardes bad pass.

Yedlin still shouldve had a better touch.

Horrible break

Zardes definitely looks better on the outside. There's more space out there and his work-rate allows him to track back on defense. But he can't play up top at this level because he simply doesn't have the touch to play in tight spaces in the middle. He does better running onto the ball rather than receiving it with his back to the goal.

Mory Dunz

Pretty much.

I don't even really know who the wingers should be. Yedlin has similar problems to zardes. Zusi is bad. zardes can be a sub. Who knows about guys like green, gatt, gyau, Shea.

Bedoya though, he must start.

And when can Williams replace Beckerman? Beckerman won't be in Russia

Start grooming Williams now for the starting spot.

Edit:
Or another cm

CONCACAF has levelled up. Or down. Point is, it's more balanced.

I think the MLS has actually helped the CONCACAF region. A lot of central american and Caribbean players play in the MLS. Sure the MLS is not on the level of European leagues, but it's still a step up from every other CONCACAF domestic league, save Liga MX. Before the MLS, these same players would either just be part-time players or trying to scrap bits of playing time on a 2nd/3rd tier Mexican or South American club.

But Mexico, USA, and Costa Rica haven't brought their "A" game either, so the overall quality hasn't looked that great this tournament. Haiti has probably looked the most exciting this tournament and they still can't shoot to save their lives.

The Copa America tournament obviously had an overall higher quality compared to the Gold Cup thus far, but it still was pretty lackluster to watch. I'm not sure if players are fatigued or what, but the summer tournaments have been pretty flat this year.

xbhaskarx

US was outshot

16-6 vs Honduras
21-6 vs Haiti
13-8 vs Panama

That's 50 to 20, in the group stage of a Gold Cup we're hosting.

And when can Williams replace Beckerman? Beckerman won't be in Russia

And Wondo will? Brad Evans? Beasley and Alan Gordon (both on the 35 man roster)? Rimando? Brad Davis, who was on this roster until an injury? Jones, who would certainly be here if healthy? Hell, even Dempsey?

Aside from Dempsey, Beckerman, and Jones, who should all be at various stages in the process of being phased out eventually, none of those other guys should be anywhere near a roster at this point in the cycle.

Mory Dunz

Seriously, so many missed through balls that would of led to scoring opportunties.
Yeah it happened a lot. Dempsey and Bradley had the most egregious ones that I remember.
And Wondo will? Brad Evans? Beasley and Alan Gordon (both on the 35 man roster)? Rimando? Brad Davis, who was on this roster until an injury? Jones, who would certainly be here if healthy? Hell, even Dempsey?

Aside from Dempsey, Beckerman, and Jones, who should all be at various stages in the process of being phased out eventually, none of those other guys should be anywhere near a roster at this point in the cycle.

Hey I'm not for any of the guys you mentioned so no argument there. Howard and dempsey are the only two who can still maybe be at a high level then. Not even Jones unless he actually learns to be a CB. A real one.

I would almost rather lose this tourney but play guys like zeleam morris wood rubin Agudelo. (Well almost rather lose.)

Does boyd exist anymore? Or gyau?

At least brooks is young and is getting playing time. I'm okay with that even though he makes mistakes.

My CBS are brooks and besler. Unless besler is that bad now.

Honestly, I'm more excited about our u20 prospects and below. Those players are still super raw, but on average their technique and touch is so much better than the current group of USMNT players. They mark the shift of when US Soccer started changing their focus from big fast players to skilled and technical players. I really hope Klinsi starts grooming those players sooner rather than later.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Honestly, I'm more excited about our u20 prospects and below. Those players are still super raw, but on average their technique and touch is so much better than the current group of USMNT players. They mark the shift of when US Soccer started changing their focus from big fast players to skilled and technical players. I really hope Klinsi starts grooming those players sooner rather than later.

We'll probably start seeing them moved into the main squad after the Olympics, there's no need to rush their development and bring them in before they're ready.

Mory Dunz

I definitely like players like rubin, zeleam, carter vickers, steffon, hall was injured so dunno, payne, Hyndman sort of...

We at least know rubin will run like crazy and shoot for better or worse lol.

I'm not going to say anything about touch. I don't know why, but we have to wait and see on that.

Put them in a high level int match and I bet they will make zardes look like Messi. Higher comp just does that.

Zeleam was above everyone in that regard so his first touch coukd maybe be at the International level. Well, concacaf.

So Haiti, Jamica, and Mexico are through. The other 3 teams in group B will advance if they win their respective games. Only the 4th in group B can officially be eliminated tomorrow.

Mory Dunz

Posted in other thread:

Wait why is jozy gone?

As bad as he was playing he still probably held up the bell better than anyone else. Case in point: zardes and wondo. Dempsey drops deep a lot so kind of N/A.

At least johannasson might get to play more. If so he better prove himself.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Posted in other thread:

Wait why is jozy gone?

As bad as he was playing he still probably held up the bell better than anyone else. Case in point: zardes and wondo. Dempsey drops deep a lot so kind of N/A.

At least johannasson might get to play more. If so he better prove himself.

It's obvious Jozy needs more time to finish healing and to get back to full fitness. His performances haven't been up to snuff, it was obvious from the Haiti game that he hasn't completely recovered. Normally when his family comes to see him play, or it's an important game to him, he's good for at least a goal, often two. If you look at the last time his family went to one of his games, Toronto vs Orlando, and the Haiti game it's obvious that he's not fully better yet. It's better Klinsmann lets him recover and not try to push him too hard, Zardes is no where near ready for the start up top so we'll need Jozy in the future.

Odds are ArJo will get the start uptop going forward, he might not be ready to do it against European teams but he should be more than enough for CONCACAF.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
yea, Jozi needs to heal, and stop pull that danm ham all the danm time lol. People shit on him but he's still the most stable striker up there for the US.

Im not a big fan of Zardes, he has speed but bad 1st touch, not that good in 1 on 1 situations, dibble is so-so.

Wood and Morris show alot of promise, wanna see more of him in the future,

Johannsson hasnt impress me yet,

Agudelo is inconsistant as it gets lol

alterno69

Banned
Seems like Concacaf as a whole is in crisis, all the favorites are playing worse than expected sonfar, i recon the knock out stage will be a diferent story, hopefully.

Osorio

Well played tournament by El Salvador, but they weren't enough of a threat offensively. They're a young team, if they continue to improve they'll do well in future tournaments.

I also hope Roca doesn't get fired. Expecting that squad to get to the semi-finals is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom