• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONCACAF Gold Cup | 7-26 July 2015 | The Ecstasy of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Why are people mad that Cuba can advance? If they have a win and El Salvador only got two draws why shouldn't they advance? Emphasize playing for the win over parking the bus.

Osorio

Why are people mad that Cuba can advance? If they have a win and El Salvador only got two draws why shouldn't they advance? Emphasize playing for the win over parking the bus.
I think peoe are putting too much weight on the game vs Mexico.
The last two games Cuba has shown their quality. It's not easy playing Mexico with your b team and without a coach

Osorio

Cubaaaa

And nobody had faith!

Two defectors, best player left home with visa issues, a game without a coach, and they still got it

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Keep celebrating draws where you don't leave the small area in 90 minutes, Guatemala.

All the Caribbean teams advanced. Only two of the isthmus teams did, too.

Darknight

Suck Guatemala lost. *pours pepsi over their loss*

Cuba played the better 2nd half and got a goal so good for them. Now its Mexico/Costa Rica who gonna take revenge on the Caribbean teams. LETS GO.

Well I'm here to eat crow. A couple of days ago I said Cuba's chances of advancing were marginal, but it looks like they did it.

And I don't think anything is wrong with the format. As others have said, the scoring system rewards teams that go for the win and are actually capable of scoring. The other teams that didn't advance either parked the bus or were completely incapable of putting the ball in the net. *cough*Canada*cough*

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
the jack warner curse has been lifted
now the caribbean can rise

I regretted switching to the MLS game at halftime it seems. Missed most of the goals!
Will the MLS ever get their shit together and not have regular season games in the middle of the summer? It's the only league in the world that has games colliding with World Cups, Confederation Cups and regional tournaments like the Gold Cup.

Also, what the hell is wrong with Mexico loosing be T&T!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom