• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONCACAF Gold Cup | 7-26 July 2015 | The Ecstasy of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

I don't really understand why it's difficult for Cuban athletes who are in the US to defect that they have to "run off into the darkness” from the team hotel like criminals...

What would happen if after this game, some Cuban player just hopped into the stands and tried to leave the stadium with the tens of thousands of fans? What could the Cubans possibly do to stop him?
I mean, you don't even have to do that, if you're on the field with police and stadium security around and don't want to move, how could they even get you on the team bus without kidnapping you?

Kama_1082

Banned
Gold cup? Gold cup? No, I said sanitarium. You should have kept your mouth shut. They would've thought you was a horse and let you go.

Osorio

I don't really understand why it's difficult for Cuban athletes who are in the US to defect that they have to "run off into the darkness” from the team hotel like criminals...

What would happen if after this game, some Cuban player just hopped into the stands and tried to leave the stadium with the tens of thousands of fans? What could the Cubans possibly do to stop him?
I mean, you don't even have to do that, if you're on the field with police and stadium security around and don't want to move, how could they even get you on the team bus without kidnapping you?

Theyve been doing s interviews with univision.

Were not talking about the stasi here. Its just that defectors cant play for the team anymore.

Osorio

Oh I know that, I just meant the overly dramatic coverage of it as if it's like crossing the Berlin Wall...
Eh, thats how the american media portrays anything with cuba.

meanwhile on univision the defectors are en in the studio analyzing the play of their former teammates.

Mory Dunz

What kind of defense was yhat Gonzales?

Let him turn and get the pass off easily.

Our cbs are so annoying. Why do they look the most tired players always?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom