• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONCACAF Gold Cup | 7-26 July 2015 | The Ecstasy of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

pC7tHyt.jpg

El Piojo is full of sh*t, every word ge spews is just cr@p and more cr@p. The team is full of useless players who are there for merchandise, or because they play for the yellow chickens. Hopefully Costa Rica will put an end to this travesty.

It's a shame Haiti and Jamaica have to play each other. I like both those teams.

And the flare of the Caribbean nations may indeed give the shakey US defense some problems. I don't see Cuba upsetting us, but I definitely could see Jamaica giving us serious problems. They have the size, speed, and strength, and they're more organized than Haiti.

I just hope the US follows in the footsteps of our women's team and actually start improving during the knockout stages. The women finished the World Cup so strong that everyone forgot just how terribad they were in the group stages.

Brashnir

It's a shame Haiti and Jamaica have to play each other. I like both those teams.

And the flare of the Caribbean nations may indeed give the shakey US defense some problems. I don't see Cuba upsetting us, but I definitely could see Jamaica giving us serious problems. They have the size, speed, and strength, and they're more organized than Haiti.

I just hope the US follows in the footsteps of our women's team and actually start improving during the knockout stages. The women finished the World Cup so strong that everyone forgot just how terribad they were in the group stages.

The men don't have Carli Lloyd, though, who is "Two-Face" like in her ability to determine the quality of every single touch via coin flip.

Blue Lou

Costa Rica
Player Out: #4 Michael Umaña (Persepolis FC/Iran)
Player In: #24 Kendall Watson (Vancouver Whitecaps/Canada)

Haiti*
Player Out: #10 Jeff Louis (Standard de Liege/Belgium)
Player In: #24 Junior Monuma (Don Bosco/Haiti)

Player Out: #5 Jean Jacques Pierre (SCO Angers/France)
*Haiti removed two players and added one

Jamaica
Player Out: #5 Alvas Powell (Portland Timbers/United States)
Player In: #25 Sean McFarlane (Florida International University/United States)

Player Out: # 21 Jermaine Taylor (Houston Dynamo/United States)
Player In: #24 Omar Holness (University of North Carolina/United States)

USA
Player Out: #7 Alfredo Morales (FC Ingolstadt/Germany)
Player In: #24 Joe Corona (Veracruz/Mexico)

Player Out: #14 Greg Garza (Atlas/Mexico)
Player In: # 25 DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo/United States)

Player Out: #17 Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC/Canada)
Player In: #26 Alan Gordon (Los Angeles Galaxy/United States)

Jamaica took out two MLS players for two college players.

Interested to see how that works out for them.

Taylor was hurt. Powell was rumored to be disgruntled with his PT.

The strange part is they are both defenders and Powell would have probably gotten more PT if he stayed.

Osorio

Ariel Martinez defected :(

Easily the best player for Cuba in the group stage.

He definitely has the skills to get a professional contract in this country. Best of luck to him.

Osorio

Cubas just lost their best player.

Even I ran out of hope of Cuba winning.

But stranger things have happened.

USA 4 - Cuba 3

Alan Gordon scores

Vamos Cuba!

v1lla21

El Piojo is full of sh*t, every word ge spews is just cr@p and more cr@p. The team is full of useless players who are there for merchandise, or because they play for the yellow chickens. Hopefully Costa Rica will put an end to this travesty.
Que tienes contra el America :p

Baltimore is fairly close to the DC Metro area and New York is not that far so I guess it is possible for a lot of Jamacians to be there.

TBH, the US v. Cuba game does not look to be that exciting of a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom