• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars |OT| Extracurricular Activities

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got my Vita copy, hoping to play it later after college classes & studying. Also, OST track listing:

1. Spicate ~7-colored celestial sphere~
  2. harvest code
  3. a breath's distance
  4. congratulations!
  5. dungeon battle 1 (first half)
  6. melody of footsteps (Fuuko's theme)
  7. monochromatic color (Torri's theme)
  8. a piece of courage (Narika's theme)
  9. the heart's opposite bank (Serina's theme)
  10. eternally holding your hand

Edit: Yeah, had the game read my demo save data & no trophies appeared. Gonna see if I can reach a dungeon or something & if it makes it appear, though considering my schedule today, not sure when that'll be....

i just hope the actual game isn't as complicated as the demo tutorials make it out.

i like systems, but i seriously don't want to manage the skills and gear of a few dozen party members.

CSX

i just hope the actual game isn't as complicated as the demo tutorials make it out.

i like systems, but i seriously don't want to manage the skills and gear of a few dozen party members.

I thought there was an Auto-organize option when it came to all that stuff?

I´m also between both consoles. Maybe the 3ds version will be better if it shows stats in the lower screen, but the vita version lets me take screenshots and also has better resolution :c

shows the stats, turns and other info in the lower screen, but for some reason, atleast in the demo, the map is in the top screen ...

Wereroku

I´m also between both consoles. Maybe the 3ds version will be better if it shows stats in the lower screen, but the vita version lets me take screenshots and also has better resolution :c

Watch some videos on the 3ds version. Its not terrible but they use the bottom screen poorly and the framerate and resolution are worse. It is not the best port in the world.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
General consensus was the Vita version was superior in terms of presentation (graphics, framerate, wider screen = less clustered hub, etc.).

I just remember the 3DS didn't really make use of the bottom screen, i.e the dungeon map was on the top screen, making the screen feel cramped due to the 3DS having a smaller screen compared to the Vita.

I can't be sure, but it seems like Vita was the lead platform for the game, and it was ported down to the 3DS.
I think it was, considering Spike Chunsoft usually makes games for Sony systems with some exceptions (VLR on both Vita & 3DS).

It's actually a lot like this other Japanese high school game that I'm prohibited from mentioning

WfZ2CZY.jpg

I know you are prohibited from mentioning it, but can anyone else say what game that is? That line is taken directly from the Persona series, so I'm curious.

Also I'm in for Chloe, Amazon won't deliver till tomorrow though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Plus, it's way easier to take screenshots of lewd moments on the Vita and share on the internet!
That actually makes me wonder if this'll get a Miiverse community. Though I assume as with Senran Kagura Burst, you just won't be able to post screenshots.

bigkrev

I know you are prohibited from mentioning it, but can anyone else say what game that is? That line is taken directly from the Persona series, so I'm curious.

Also I'm in for Chloe, Amazon won't deliver till tomorrow though.

Yes, it's persona, it's just in the last thread lead to PersonaGAF loosing their collective shit over the comparison

I've been playing the game over the last few days. I'd agree with the lower scores sadly. This will appeal to only a select group of folks and I'm clearly not one of them. Not a terrible game but repetition and lack of some features really being fleshed out hurt the game overall.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, just got to a save point after a cutscene & it only gave me the trophy for beating the clearing the Labyrinth of Lust, which I assume was the prologue dungeon.

Dugna

This game is going to be somewhat of a grind but I give Spike chunsoft credit for making lower level monsters just auto lose so as to not waste your time.

neoemonk

I've played every Persona game, and Conception reminded me of Persona. I'm sorry if that upsets some people but it's true. I guess more Persona 3 and 4, not so much the 1 and IS/EP.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, so redoing the first dungeon via training facility & it did give me a trophy for defeating my first monster, so I guess some of the progress doesn't transfer over, save for beating the first dungeon. At the very least, it SHOULD count events relating to the heroines as the game keeps a percentage of how close you are to getting them all/getting the trophy for seeing all the events.

Also, how in the world do I give independence to the children? I have 5 maxed out kids & the game isn't letting me give them independence.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Would I get a worse "experience" If I play this game on the 3DS? I do own a Vita, but I only got an 8GB card, which is always full so moving games is a hassle. I played the demo on the 3DS and found the performance to be tolerable. I have a 32GB card for the system.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You do it under "Team Edit" in the Dorm in the demo. I assume it's the same in the full game.
Oooooh, I see what I was doing wrong. The whole team was selected. Had to move the cursor over the specific kid.

& now I can access the guild & gift shop now that the town's at level 3. Hope a present guide is put up so I can give the girls the items they like best.

Wereroku

Would I get a worse "experience" If I play this game on the 3DS? I do own a Vita, but I only got an 8GB card, which is always full so moving games is a hassle. I played the demo on the 3DS and found the performance to be tolerable. I have a 32GB card for the system.

It is worse. There is a Vita demo if you want to try that and see the differences. Its not so bad just uneven performance and worse resolution/image quality.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
no, its just Chlotz, I drank their juices
& this was after all the other girls were tasting each other's juices.

Also, the DLC isn't appearing for me when I hit the button on the game's front page on the menu. Guess I gotta look on the browser store for the DLC?

Edit: Here we go, Warrior of Sadness quest & Disciple Weapon Pack (free for a few weeks, so if you're planning on getting the game when it's cheaper, might as well grab this now). Anyone have pics of the alt costume pack?

Does any one know the file size for the game?
According to PSN, 1.4GB.

Gbraga

Hmm, good point. Not to mention all the "See all of heroine's events" ones. I did see that there was a gallery or something that kept track of your percentage of seeing all the events relating to a person & such during the demo.

Perhaps some will unlock as soon as you start the game? Part of me feels like starting over just in case. Anyone able to confirm what happens trophy-wise when you get the full game & use the demo save file to start Chapter 1?

Where is that? I hate wasting one of my actions to see repeated events a few times just to make sure I have everything >_<

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Where is that? I hate wasting one of my actions to see repeated events a few times just to make sure I have everything >_<
It's in the Database. Go to Event, then Heroine, & you'll have a list of all of their events you've unlocked (which you can view again if you wish), along with the percentage of events unlocked underneath their picture.

Gbraga

It's in the Database. Go to Event, then Heroine, & you'll have a list of all of their events you've unlocked (which you can view again if you wish), along with the percentage of events unlcoked underneath their picture.

Thanks, this will help a lot.

Gbraga

You're not really wasting anything considering you have unlimited actions. Just go into a dungeon and come back.

At least in the demo I could just go to sleep and I'd be fine since there's no time limit, but it wastes my time >_>

Especially now that I know I can redo events I actually want to go through again, instead of getting a random generic one.

Fuuko's pool events were great :3

I'll buy this as soon as I can, so excited! Not sure if I'll play it as soon as I get it though, Dark Souls II is about to come out on PC after all...

Animekatt

Got my copy this morning, and am now starting it. I started over, since I wanted to change the protag's name. Thank God for the skip cutscenes.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Hey, EU GAFfers, not sure if you saw or not, but Conception II should be out in May 2014. Full game and demo. Dates aren't locked in yet, but should be soon!

Totally lol'd at "Sextracurricular Activities"

Hey, EU GAFfers, not sure if you saw or not, but Conception II should be out in May 2014. Full game and demo. Dates aren't locked in yet, but should be soon!

After the SMT IV debacle i'm not holding my breath at that, We are 2 days away from the one year anniversary of its EU annoncement.

This game has DLC? anything significant story wise?

Ryuukan

Do you have pics of the alternate costume DLC to share yet?

Top Bottom