• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars |OT| Extracurricular Activities

FluxWaveZ

Hmm, just got to a save point after a cutscene & it only gave me the trophy for beating the clearing the Labyrinth of Lust, which I assume was the prologue dungeon.

So basically, don't import your save if you want to get the trophies?

Or wait, are there even any trophies that one wouldn't be able to ever get without starting from scratch? If it's just stuff like doing something for a first time, it would probably be fine to just continue with the imported save.

Gbraga

Or wait, are there even any trophies that one wouldn't be able to ever get without starting from scratch? If it's just stuff like doing something for a first time, it would probably be fine to just continue with the imported save.

More importantly, what is the bonus you get for importing your save? I don't care a lot about trophies, but if the bonus is nothing relevant, might as well use the excuse to change the name of my protagonist.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
After the SMT IV debacle i'm not holding my breath at that, We are 2 days away from the one year anniversary of its EU annoncement.

This game has DLC? anything significant story wise?

Oh, Conception II EU is happening in May.

DLC has some levels, some items, and you can fight Monokuma.

Gbraga

The answer is probably no, but are you allowed to talk about things like the amount of units you need to sell to justify the localization?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

No, you're still able to get certain trophies, it's just that you start from scratch for certain ones, like ### monsters defeated. I still got the "defeat your first monster" trophy after going back to the first dungeon, & the one for beating the first dungeon appeared not long after some cutscenes when the game asked me if I wanted to save. I assume the ones relating to seeing all the events for heroines will still count, as the game still showed that I saw the ones from the demo.

More importantly, what is the bonus you get for importing your save? I don't care a lot about trophies, but if the bonus is nothing relevant, might as well use the excuse to change the name of my protagonist.
You get 3 of each type of Matryoshka, it seems.

& GamesRadar has a review, 3/5.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Do you have pics of the alternate costume DLC to share yet?

Torri
ETsY7SE.jpg

Serina
FzkNqva.jpg

Narika
9HBbxt0.jpg

And because everyone seems to love her, Chloe
zGbPbME.jpg

Huh. It's not letting me access the DLC. Says the content may not yet be for sale or no longer for sale.

Edit: Has anyone confirmed the lack of trophies from importing the save?

how big of a deal are the systems? The tutorials in the demo made it seem like things are annoyingly complicated like how every babby has gear and abilities and elemental attributes and other nonsense... yet most battles in the demo i pretty much just spammed attack and did ok.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh. It's not letting me access the DLC. Says the content may not yet be for sale or no longer for sale.

Edit: Has anyone confirmed the lack of trophies from importing the save?
You can get the DLC on the web browser store.

As for trophies, I can confirm that any trophies that you would have earned (i.e "Defeat your first monster", "perform ## classmatings", etc.) from the demo won't automatically unlock. You have to re-earn some of them, though I'm pretty sure your progress for the heroine events will still count (would like confirmation on that, though).

Just played the demo of this... It looks both interesting, and not from what I played. Actually a bit torn on this. I asked for this for my birthday next week, but my wife already went out game shopping a few days ago so I know I didn't get it.

Hmm hmm... Hows the game on Vita versus 3DS? I do plan on getting another vita (sold my first one) in a few months and wondering if I should wait to try and play this game for it.

So I find if you play this in spurts, it is easier then trying to play for extended periods of time. I think dungeon crawler fans will find a lot to like as long as they understand the environment and enemies don't have the best variation or diversity. I love it visually and presentation wise. Combat system is def interesting and different. The dating/social aspects are nice. Having kids as fighters is a sweet idea.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
how big of a deal are the systems? The tutorials in the demo made it seem like things are annoyingly complicated like how every babby has gear and abilities and elemental attributes and other nonsense... yet most battles in the demo i pretty much just spammed attack and did ok.

It really starts to matter in later dungeons when you're up against enemies w/ elemental/physical resistances. You have to decide am I going to beat this thing on its weak point and kill it quickly or can I try and get chain drive active. I've actually had more success in later dungeons with Feene because of that. had a very defensive squad on my playthrough peppered with damage dealers (Ether Snipers, Berzerkers, etc.)

Bah. I have money on my PSN account, but I'm just not sure if I want those alternate costumes that much.

But that Chloe battle suit in white...

fedexpeon

Banned
One of the worst back cover information ever...
So, I left the game on my coffee table when the post office delivered it this afternoon. However, I invited my friend over to work on my car, and our talk turned into something like this:
My friend: Bro...You are into these anime sex game now? I know you like watching anime and into Japanese role playing games, but dang.
Me: What?
Him: You are mating with highschool girls to create your children in this game right?
Me: Whatcha talking about Willis!?
Him: Dude, I just read your game information cover.
Me: Well...See, it is just a pun for CLASSMATE!
Him: I am just saying that I didn't know that you are into this type of game now. Hey, I know you long enough that I know you had a crush on Sailor Moon; so this doesn't really surprise me if you are into this stuff.
Me: Eff you...Well you do have a point...
Him: Alright, let's work on your car so you can play this game when I leave.
Me: You know me too well...
Him/Me: Bunch of gay/sexual jokes afterward*

*I know it is hateful...but it is a guy thing. Very hard to break the habit when you are around your childhood friend, and joking around.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Him: I am just saying that I didn't know that you are into this type of game now. Hey, I know you long enough that I know you had a crush on Sailor Moon; so this doesn't really surprise me if you are into this stuff.

image.php

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Hey, Chloe, can we get some comic books?"

"You're not asking me to get you dirty comic books, are you!? I get you have intense feelings for those comic book girls, but this isn't the time or place!"

Hahaha, what? How did her mind go to THAT.

Dugna

"You're not asking me to get you dirty comic books, are you!? I get you have intense feelings for those comic book girls, but this isn't the time or place!"

Classmating so much warps your mind, ya know?

So, I left the game on my coffee table when the post office delivered it this afternoon. However, I invited my friend over to work on my car, and our talk turned into something like this:
My friend: Bro...You are into these anime sex game now? I know you like watching anime and into Japanese role playing games, but dang.
Him: You are mating with highschool girls to create your children in this game right?

*I know it is hateful...but it is a guy thing. Very hard to break the habit when you are around your childhood friend, and joking around.
Lol got pics of the back cover?

Do y'all enjoying this? Yay or nay?

Might get whenever I beat ffx and x2

CrazyDude

I don't blame him when you have past sexual relationships with sailor moon characters.

Gbraga

She's right though.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
About to pick this up after work at gamestop, I can't wait for the awkwardness. Should have bought it from amazon oh well.
I wish mine was awkward, but she didn't even ask for what game I was picking up; she was the same that took my pre-order in the first place though. She was also playing Disney Magical World at the moment.

Shingro

This game's sheer audacity is more hilarious then most of the comedy I've had for a good while, top marks.

I'm finding it nearly impossible to name him properly though, that 6 character limit is a nasty one :/

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Chloe has the best personality but Narika is the best. She's a real girl next door... you know, like from your hometown... if you catch my drift.

godspoken

It really starts to matter in later dungeons when you're up against enemies w/ elemental/physical resistances. You have to decide am I going to beat this thing on its weak point and kill it quickly or can I try and get chain drive active. I've actually had more success in later dungeons with Feene because of that. had a very defensive squad on my playthrough peppered with damage dealers (Ether Snipers, Berzerkers, etc.)
I'm actually surprised at the difficulty. Not that it's super hard or anything, maybe I'm just bad at JRPGs, but I don't find it all that easy to get through a whole dungeon with everyone alive. Of course, you COULD always just return and heal every floor, but that's not very fun.

Eusis

Wait, the Protag doesn't have a default name; it randomized from the beginning like the children?
I think there is a default one, something Wake, but then you can pick random new names. If that's not the default then crazy coincidence it showing up first both times I booted up the Vita demo and the only name in the 3DS demo.

Alec

I named my main character Alec (after myself), not knowing that there is an actual character named Alec 30 minutes into the game. :(

#jrpgproblems

Tsundere

Banned
I'm really enjoying this game. Started playing it and didn't put it down for 2 hours, doesn't happen often in handheld games for me!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
After giving it more of a chance, the dub is rather quite decent. Granted, there's still some odd performances from otherwise okay voices (Torri is the main example), but it's nowhere near as bad as the "Meet *heroine*" trailers made it out to be.

& this is starting to become a good "zone-out" game for me. If I can get into the habit of exercising again, this would be great to play & grind a dungeon & doing events to make the time pass on the exercise bike.

Also, OST is rather good. Battle theme is great, perhaps one of the most fun-sounding themes for a RPG fight.

Top Bottom