• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conor Mcgregor vs Nate Diaz rematch targeted for UFC 200 main event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
I am surprised motherfuckers! This fight does nothing for me at a catch weight (is it called a catch weight in MMA?) fight looks bad or at least uninteresting from the angle of both fighters.

After watching the first fight how could you possibly think Conor got this? Nate has better striking, power,cardio, grappling and submissions. Nate got off the couch on 10 days notice and whopped that ass.

But I guess they believe Nate was training for a triathlon cuz Dana said so.

Why did Nate Diaz win?

There are people who think Conor is a good grappler, and a better boxer, but that he wasn't good for the weight he fought in. Isn't it possible that he will adjust better in a upcoming fight? Conor is a purple belt under a world class BJJ instructor.

That pedigree is not equal to that of Nate Diaz Jiu-Jitsu, but wouldn't you say that McGregor lost because he gassed out and didn't have anymore in his tank to sprawl, bridge and escape those submission attempts?
I believed McGregor would win in their first fight. Nate Diaz eats a lot of punches, but it comes at a cost. Technically McGregor is a really good boxer. Why are people so certain Nate is going to take it again?

Isn't it the same thing with Aldo? Aldo looked so off when he fought McGregor. That is what makes so much of the difference!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Conor takes a lot of punches too, go and watch him get tagged over and over by Mendes who he had like an 8 inch reach over. It's just crazy to me that Nate was able to handle clean shots from Conor, out last him, then light him up on the feet before choking him out, and still people have Conor as the favourite or talk like Nate was lucky.

Conor takes a lot of punches too, go and watch him get tagged over and over by Mendes who he had like an 8 inch reach over. It's just crazy to me that Nate was able to handle clean shots from Conor, out last him, then light him up on the feet before choking him out, and still people have Conor as the favourite or talk like Nate was lucky.

It's not that crazy at all. They weren't that clean.

Nate is always moving backwards, he likes to counterpunch. When you are moving backwards, those shots from Conor don't hurt anywhere near as much. Most of those lefts did not land that clean. Even the cleanest ones, didn't land that clean.

Since Nate is so much taller, he can constantly be moving backward and let Conor get into the danger zone. But if Nate walked into a left shot rather than back out of it, it would've been a different story.

Conor started to stand still a lot in front of Nate in the second round. He was trying to open that cut more and looked like he was tiring. He needed to move around a lot more, but in order to close the gap to land punches was always going to be in danger, just don't lurk in that area.

And, Aldo didn't do anything wrong. Not a single thing. He got outplayed. Conor used his height and movement perfectly. Circling out and landing the absolutely perfect shot.

3N16MA

Banned
I understand why they're doing it from a business perspective. However I would love to see Edgar get a shot at Conor.

AntMurda

UFC 200 still needs a killer main event, and this is no longer it. I wanted McGregor on the card, but not at 175 again.

Norml

Why did Nate Diaz win?

There are people who think Conor is a good grappler, and a better boxer, but that he wasn't good for the weight he fought in. Isn't it possible that he will adjust better in a upcoming fight? Conor is a purple belt under a world class BJJ instructor.

That pedigree is not equal to that of Nate Diaz Jiu-Jitsu, but wouldn't you say that McGregor lost because he gassed out and didn't have anymore in his tank to sprawl, bridge and escape those submission attempts?
I believed McGregor would win in their first fight. Nate Diaz eats a lot of punches, but it comes at a cost. Technically McGregor is a really good boxer. Why are people so certain Nate is going to take it again?

Isn't it the same thing with Aldo? Aldo looked so off when he fought McGregor. That is what makes so much of the difference!
I could pretty much tell Nate would win 30 seconds into the fight. There is no way Conor can hang 5rounds with a Diaz. All Conor has on him is a lucky punch imo.

Hex

Banned
why? What's the point of another non-title match? Why would McGregor agree to this again?

Give the man his run back.
He is not happy holding the L and wants the chance to prove people wrong.
It may bite him in the ass, but you have to respect it.
At least I do.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Diaz got completely tooled by Dos Anjos, and Dos Anjos has only gotten better, so I don't know why his fans would want to see that rematch.

Because Nate was hurt, missed weight, and it still went to the cards? Conor was in fight-shape and got subbed in the 2nd by a guy who wasn't even training for a fight.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/12/nate-d...me-for-ufc-on-fox-13-loss-to-rafael-dos-anjos

And I'd rather see two 155 lbs guys fight for the 155 lbs title than two 155 lbs guys play touch-butt at 170.

Jezbollah

I think right now a rematch + win vs Nate to avenge his loss is the only way he can jump into a 155lb title shot - he cant do it off the back of a loss..

Its all daft. And quite disrespectful to other fighters who deserve their pay day - but I guess if Connor can get 1m PPV buyrates thats how the system works, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom