• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
1487820_1405426623038149_591832431_o.jpg

1523278_1405426423038169_278951341_o.jpg

1490911_1405425959704882_66299051_o.jpg

Oh I think it looks great. Sure it's no Killzone, but great for the first jump into 'next-gen'. Screens don't do it justice, it looks gorgeous in motion on a big TV.

There are occasional moments when the game looks good, but the overall IQ, lighting, animation, skin shaders are all still last generation. Infact Black OpsII character models and animation easily manages to trump COD:Ghosts. And then comes another arch rival title called BF4 which imo is the true next gen non-scifi FPS game on the consoles

Are you judging from these screenshots or have you played them because this is not true.

Not from my experience. I finished BF4 and played the first few hours of Ghosts. BF4 at its best is incredible.

idi-amin-laughing.gif

Have you played them both? Have your eyes checked!

I've played BF4 on PS4 and was thoroughly, thoroughly underwhelmed. I can't exactly remember what it was about it; mainly the 900p res, I think. Lots of jaggies.

Will play again soon but I remember it being fairly ugly.

While I think CoD Ghosts was a massive disappointment after I spent all those weeks with every other CoD before it, it looks fantastic. I may even give the campaign a try. Never finished any of the earlier ones but I've heard Ghosts' campaign is fucking nuts

I absolutely FUCKING hate COD but the campaign in this one BLEW. ME. AWAY. NO SARCASM! It was awesome!

Edit: Just for reference I don't buy the game my brother did. I just decided too play the campaign because my bestfriend said it was good.

I've played BF4 on PS4 and was thoroughly, thoroughly underwhelmed. I can't exactly remember what it was about it; mainly the 900p res, I think. Lots of jaggies.

Play Call of Duty, sometimes it looks pretty dang good for example that forest level, but most of the time it's pretty underwhelming. I do agree that 1080p for Call of Duty brings what looks like a clearer image, but BF4 beats it in almost every other category.

To each his own I guess, just beat COD:G today, most underwhelming COD experience!

It's true though, Ghosts runs at a higher resolution and you can tell it has noticeably better IQ. Battlefield 4 still overall destroys it in the graphics department.

Yes I am aware of BF4's 900p thats upscaled to 1080p while COD:G does native 1080p, but lets be honest with ourselves here, 1080p doesn't mean a game is look great, COD:G and the dated engine it's running on looks mediocre regardless of resolution!

HTupolev

Yes I am aware of BF4's 900p thats upscaled to 1080p while COD:G does native 1080p, but lets be honest with ourselves here, 1080p doesn't mean a game is look great, COD:G and the dated engine it's running on looks mediocre regardless of resolution!
You were disagreeing with a post saying that the IQ in Ghosts was better, but that BF4 has better graphics otherwise.

Effect

CoD Ghosts Wii U does not look good in stills. It looks fine however in motion. However there is no reason for that game to look like that when Black Ops 2 doesn't and looks better from what I recall.

Damn the variance in graphics between what the WiiU can do (SMW3D, AC4 and ZombiU) then COD Ghosts is striking, it looks like shit! As poster above says it looks better in motion but still, it's arse.

I'm glad I have my WiiU as it's certainly the one that gets more play time when my partner comes over with her daughter. Nintendoland and SMW3D are great for her.

R_Deckard

Seriously. I cannot fathom why some of the releases lack AF on the new machines. It simply doesn't make any sense at this point. Whatever tiny performance hit AF may take would be worth it for the image quality improvements.

In my mind...Drivers/API. Same reason the DOF and Bokah is so different on PC and even between PS4 and X1 (see Need for Speed).

I bet the next set of released will all have AF/Better AA and much more, this launch had a very Alpha feel about it since long ago. Second Son and TitanFall should give us a better view of Image clarity..That said Killzone and Ghosts have Superb IQ as is.

Don't Starve PS4. At first I hated this game, but now I'm loving it.

Who doesn't like fire?
ibz5p0VpF5D8SJ.jpg

Except for when you start building walls too close to your fire, which result in your camp burning down to the ground and you running for you life...
il2khqpMtRBxJ.jpg

Resulting in having to start building all over; his face matches my feels exactly.
iBmrt1UnzvcRx.jpg

Currently on day 20. This game is very much learn as you go, painful trail and error, but it's amazing. Such a time sink.
ipFhqLt5CIWjB.jpg

aravuus

Loved the campaign, now on my second play through. Trouble is it takes ages to complete a game when ya constantly doing screen shots lol.

Lol yeah I know how you feel, this has happened to me a couple of times too.

I absolutely FUCKING hate COD but the campaign in this one BLEW. ME. AWAY. NO SARCASM! It was awesome!

Edit: Just for reference I don't buy the game my brother did. I just decided too play the campaign because my bestfriend said it was good.

Haha, you've convinced me to start it later today or tomorrow then! Hope I like it as much as you did, a proper hollywood action blockbuster should be great letting off steam after long uni days

Wasp

Killzone Shadow Fall

1522923_1397177193867172_985461916_o.jpg

This corridor filled with crates of ammo, weapons and adrenaline packs made me chuckle. I guess there's a boss fight or hard bit coming up next then? Reminded me of old school FPS games.

Also the interesting thing about this screenshot is in the game all those crates of ammo and weapons were flashing white indication they could be interacted with but the take screenshot function never captured it. Either I was insanely lucky to take a screen when none were flashing white or the screenshot function doesn't capture every element on screen.

Killzone Shadow Fall

1522923_1397177193867172_985461916_o.jpg

This corridor filled with crates of ammo, weapons and adrenaline packs made me chuckle. I guess there's a boss fight or hard bit coming up next then? Reminded me of old school FPS games.

Also the interesting thing about this screenshot is in the game all those crates of ammo and weapons were flashing white indication they could be interacted with but the take screenshot function never captured it. Either I was insanely lucky to take a screen when none were flashing white or the screenshot function doesn't capture every element on screen.

That room was such a tease. Walking into it, I thought there was going to be a plethora of weapons for me to select.

Timu

Yep, cannot wait for some variety.
In the 1st 3-4 months we'll get TitanFall, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, inFamous Second Son, Rayman Legends, Thief, Rayman Legends, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Outlast, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare if I decide to buy it, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, MLB 14: The Show, etc. in this thread. Yeah these months will be good.=p

This thread is going to get craaaaazy later this year.

Infamous, Driveclub, Witcher 3, Order 1886, possibly Uncharted.

hnnnnnnng

We made it to 107 pages with just the few launch games for PS4 and Xbox One (and Wii U with its larger library of games) so I can only imagine how it will be once we start getting into all the games that will be coming out this year.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
a few killzone pics

f1rvkZl.jpg

rr_zpse4e5102d.jpg

killjpg-large_zpsbde7a08f.jpg

im not sure the best way to get these pics. I upload them to twitter on my ps4 then save them on pc. If theres a better way to capture them in a higher res please let me know. thanks

Top Bottom