• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Effect

Some have been posted already but I wanted to post a few since I just picked up the game today. I really suck at playing at the moment. Most cars are hard to control. However I'm not used to racing games. The most I've played are various Mario Kart games, Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero (PS2) ( don't reven remember how I even got this but I played the hell out of it when I was younger), Ridge Racer 3D (played this a lot), and one of the Burnout games but not even sure if it was that series. I remember a lot of crashes and one race being near a beach/sea area that then ran through town. This game plays different then all of them. In terms of non-Kart racers the one where I had the most control I think was Ridge Racer 3D on the 3DS. I might have to stop hoping for that level of control and deal with the game as it is.

QYUyZyX.jpg

iQ4IhF4.jpg

vzkkjaf.jpg

Thanks for posting those AGoodODST. Nintendo Land still looks amazing.

Grinchy

Banned
Damn, timing that must be a pain since the PS4 takes screens so slowly.

I find that when you press the button, it takes the shot. It takes seconds before it chimes and gives you the screenshot icon, but it does seem to take the shot immediately. I haven't done any crazy testing on this though.

Nothing but love for folks like HolyFridge and xenogenesis.

But damn, I feel like I'm the only one who isn't into hud-less screenshots. I love screenshots that show the actual game's hud, character and/or weapon. To me that makes the game feel...'real' I guess. I know the others are in-game all the same, it's just, seeing the game exactly how it is onscreen gives me the best look at it, personally.

Luthos

But damn, I feel like I'm the only one who isn't into hud-less screenshots. I love screenshots that show the actual game's hud, character and/or weapon. To me that makes the game feel...'real' I guess. I know the others are in-game all the same, it's just, seeing the game exactly how it is onscreen gives me the best look at it, personally.

Nah I'm with you man. Even if it doesn't show a hud, I at least like when it's taken from the actual gameplay POV, be it first person or third. It's like seeing a "cinematic" trailer using the in-game engine, but never footage from the gameplay point of view.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I like HUDless shots but I don't see myself going through and taking them too much. I like capturing great moments from when I'm playing, not going out and hunting for them.

yeah what is this pause trick you speak of?

When you pause in SF there's an added DoF filter that comes up. He's taking the shots in the split second after pausing before the menu appears.

Timu

HUDs are bad for panoramas, though I don't mind HUDs at all for general screenshot taking.

Timu

Lack of new games is making me take screenshots of PS3 and 360 games in that other console screenshot thread, lol. I'll try to get more Max soon.

Top Bottom