• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

stitch512

Banned
Ghosts looks much better on PS4, but on my tv looks better than these screens.

4b4q.png

n4g3.png

a2dk.png

Btw is anyone planning on getting Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition? I'd love to see what it looks like running on PS4/Xbone.
I would get it but I gotta save my money for Thief and Infamous SS.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
a few killzone pics

f1rvkZl.jpg

rr_zpse4e5102d.jpg

killjpg-large_zpsbde7a08f.jpg

im not sure the best way to get these pics. I upload them to twitter on my ps4 then save them on pc. If theres a better way to capture them in a higher res please let me know. thanks
Change your twitter image's link to :eek:rig and you should be getting the full res image.
e.g. blablabla.jpg:large should be blablabla.jpg:eek:rig
Btw is anyone planning on getting Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition? I'd love to see what it looks like running on PS4/Xbone.
I would get it but I gotta save my money for Thief and Infamous SS.
I might get it if I can find it cheap.

javac

Pikmin 3

These are from way back when so they predate the ability to upload full res screens from the Wii U. They should be okay tho right?

BiXvreI.jpg

SMrRtQR.jpg

KERvrwY.jpg

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Using HolyFridge's trick (thanks!) to get this DoF going, but I can't do it at full res so this the best I could do.

11955475906_237b5347ec_o.png

11954704815_3d883ef065_o.png

11954922743_afa631c8a1_o.png

Nice ones. But oh man dat lack of AF, I can't believe we're still not getting AF on consoles.

Vooduu

Those forza shots just make me hate the fact GT6 was for the PS3 instead of PS4. Would've probably sold better as well.

Guess Drive Club will fill the void.

Grinchy

Banned
Whats better, Facebook or Twitter for photos?

Well, Facebook doesn't turn them into screenshots for ants. I think you can change the URL in the twitter images to force them to display at full resolution, though. Just put ":eek:rig" at the end of them. I just use Facebook, though.

i-Lo

From Eurogamer

I can't wait to see their next game!

That's certainly good to hear. How many poly, realistically, is PS4 expected to push @60fps and @30fps given PS3 pushed around 1.2 million polys @ 30fps in Uncharted 2 (and perhaps more later)?

Also, whatever happened to the concept of "tessellation" and why can't it be used to replace different LoD models and eliminate pop-in?

KKRT00

That's certainly good to hear. How many poly, realistically, is PS4 expected to push @60fps and @30fps given PS3 pushed around 1.2 million polys @ 30fps in Uncharted 2 (and perhaps more later)?

Also, whatever happened to the concept of "tessellation" and why can't it be used to replace different LoD models and eliminate pop-in?

That was info based on February pdf, they've increased poly count in final game by a factor of two
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/ar..._performance_overview.png/EG11/resize/1920x-1

--
And i expect PS4 and Xbone to push up to around 5-6m polys with shadows in 30hz in future titles.

And yeah PS3/Xbox360 pushed around up to 1-1.2m polys generally.

Timu

The MP is really fun and the graphics are pretty good, just don't expect the SP to be good because it can be pretty cringeworthy at times lol.
The SP is pretty much a 4.5 hours graphical showcase of what they can do with the engine more than anything really.=p

Pjsprojects

WiiU Batman Origins armoured edition.

An oldie now but this game does use the game pad very well,everything from bullet tracking to sonar.

iegrBqKpLpFAz.jpg

igZ6puyWVJEnb.jpg

ipT6XNhBcOl2.jpg

The SP is pretty much a 4.5 hours graphical showcase of what they can do with the engine more than anything really.=p

Yeah I actually don't mind too much if the SP is poor as long as they at least make it look really good (for screenshots).
There are some games where I just marvel at the graphics more than playing the game lol.
I do wish they would make another Bad Company game though because I really liked the SP campaign in those.

Notice the reflection on his eye.
i6RIAGFgGn8oi.jpg
I love just looking at some of the Helghasts' character models after killing them (lol).

KKRT00

Well, yeah, but that rain is about the only time you'll notice the lower res. Most of the time the DoF looks great, even in the screenshots.

Nah, actually in tons of screenshots it shows that it is low res, like on quoted shots before my post :)
Its probably not heavily visible in motion, but on shots it unfortunately is.

Top Bottom