• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
iwplrAqyS5sJq.jpg

iPvZYfrWfodvp.jpg

iQfmOliKomu2Q.jpg

killzone pics are just fookin ridiculous... nice posts HF & rest

iMerc

Killzone shots are absolutely amazing. wow.

This game is so good, missed it on the cube so this is my first run through, the visuals are awesome!

Wii_U_screenshot_TV_01436.jpg

screen shots don't really do a good job of capturing that moment though, do they?
context for those who haven't played WW: the wind is so completely fierce everything is waving about and those trees animate as if they're ready to be ripped from the dirt.
it's some really great animation.

Yes. No one likes a rat.

the only 'rat's are those who tolerate such levels of ignorance, to begin with.
this thread is to show off & celebrate what the latest main consoles can do.

anyone who brings in petty 'console war' bullshit or does nothing about it are the real rats.

delta25

Banned
man, these wiiU exclusives really do prove that creating a nice looking game can be accomplished even if the hardware is lacking. Dat art direction.

X-Factor

What capture device is Timu using? That one looks like it captures Wii-U
grabs better than the Elgato HD that I use.

I set the capture to 1080P and the slider to best image quality.

The downside with Elgato HD is that it can capture at 720P/ 60 frames per second
or 1080p / 30 frames per second maximum. To be able to capture PS4 footage you would also need to buy a
Orei HDMI splitter or ViewHD HDMI splitter and 3 additional HDMI cables. Windows 7 or higher is also required to use it as well.

I think the Aver Media HD capture card for desktop PCs is probably the better choice
because it can capture at 1080p / 60FPS provided that you have a desktop PC with the right type of port
and the PC power to use it.

Nice!
I think its the first time i seen non cutscene screenshots here.
What capture device do you have? looks very clean.

Timu

What capture device is Timu using? That one looks like it captures Wii-U
grabs better than the Elgato HD I use does.

I set the capture to 1080P and the slider to best image quality.

The downside with Elgato HD is that it can capture at 720P/ 60 frames per second
or 1080p / 30 frames per second maxium, and to be able to capture PS4 footage you would also need to buy a Orei HDMI splitter or ViewHD HDMI splitter and 3 additional HDMI cables. Windows 7 or higher is also required to use it as well.

I think the Aver Media HD capture card for desktop PCs is probably the better choice
because it can capture at 1080p / 60FPS provided that you have a desktop PC with the right type of port and the power to use it.
Avermedia Gamebroadcaster HD is what I use, internal capture cards don't encode unlike most external capture cards so you get picture perfect results with them, my old Roxio encoded my images and in motion they were ruined, but ever since I got the Avermedia I never have that problem so internal is the way to go.=p

X-Factor

Cool. Thanks for the info. I only use laptop computers so I went with the Elgato
because my old desktop PC can't handle the processing required.

Avermedia Gamebroadcaster HD is what I use, internal capture cards don't encode unlike most external capture cards so you get picture perfect results with them, my old Roxio encoded my images and in motion they were ruined, but ever since I got the Avermedia I never have that problem so internal is the way to go.=p

My Wii U shots look a bit blurry but I think it is partially because Mario 3D world is not 1080P native. I don't have any other Wii U games to compare it to besides Zelda WW HD.

dxv8.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Nice!
I think its the first time i seen non cutscene screenshots here.
What capture device do you have? looks very clean.

Huh? I posted 12 shots before that and only 4 were from cutscenes.
For example, this one from a couple pages back was from gameplay, believe it or not.
ibouGog6pJ1uO6.jpg

Timu

Been using that for a month now already and so far its ok. Gotta love the fact that it captures and plays at 60 fps but I've been having alot of problems with it. So far Avermedia REcentral would freeze on me than my pc would BSOD.
Use AverMedia Center 3D.

Timu

man, these wiiU exclusives really do prove that creating a nice looking game can be accomplished even if the hardware is lacking. Dat art direction.
Agreed, their art direction can be so good.

My Wii U shots look a bit blurry but I think it is partially because Mario 3D world is not 1080P native. I don't have any other Wii U games to compare it to besides Zelda WW HD.

dxv8.jpg
Best to go 720p for that game since that's it's native res. And speaking of that game:

ibmY5KTypMZHnB.png

inFPbzHu01JLi.png

ifRSyf20ltd7Q.png

BladeSinner

Neo Member
Holy smokes @ Infamous. If those are real Screenshots, call me impressed. How were these captured? Im curious about the source of them.

spoonman

Banned
Holy smokes @ Infamous. If those are real Screenshots, call me impressed. How were these captured? Im curious about the source of them.

The source is Sucker Punch.

If you guys don't want them on here just say the word.
Just trying to give something back after checking out each and every amazing picture on the last 116 pages.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
The source is Sucker Punch.

If you guys don't want them on here just say the word.
Just trying to give something back after checking out each and every amazing picture on the last 116 pages.
These screenshots are bullshots. Sorry, I don't mean anything by this, but the thread is for screenshots you took, not ones found on the internet.

BladeSinner

Neo Member
These screenshots are bullshots. Sorry, I don't mean anything by this, but the thread is for screenshots you took, not ones on the internet.

I concur with this. Thank you for sharing them though. It makes me even more giddy to see real world screenshots from the final game!

Top Bottom