• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Toxa

Goddamn it Facebook, they looked much cleaner on my PS4.
1012903_450056075126179_1432988953_n.jpg

1379711_450152985116488_208598421_n.jpg

1901429_450153388449781_32955512_n.jpg

ripley outfit ? awesome xD

Albo

Speaking of treats, I yet to see pikmin 3's pizza be topped.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01fqsib.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_013ushv.jpg

Pikmin 3 Artist: Hey boss, I'm afraid I'm gonna need you to get me more pizza for err...research purposes of course.

Can someone confirm which site is best for uploading Wii U pics to?
I'm using Imgur but someone said it compresses the pictures. What is everyone else using? Abload? Flickr?

abload

dr guildo

I know there's a three pic limit, but I'll drop this batch off here in quoted form since they're a set of sorts. These are figurines from the in-game "Nintendo Gallery" -- click to expand.

(I can't even describe how good it looks at 1080p native resolution -- these 720p captures don't do them justice. Great effects with the dynamic lighting, DOF in background, etc)

Beautiful figurines
691328.gif
! Nice effects indeed, and it's clean as always with WiiU screenshots...

Timu

I will back up the guy. Forza does look great in motion. The screens although, good, don't do it any justice.
The screens highlight Forza 5's flaws from jaggies to crowds so that's why it's difficult to even get great shots of the game unless it's before/after race, photo mode or during motion.

When i compared them on my PC before, there were none...it must have happened while uploading! PNG from now on i guess!

Flickr doesn't touch your original uploads. Whether it's JPG or PNG.

Here's a JPG original on Flickr (This isn't a console shot so I'll just link to it). No compression.

Problem with Flickr though is that they made it a pain in the arse to actually get to the original image (the new "photo" page sucks). If you look at this page, every single size listed EXCEPT the original will be compressed and sharpened.

aY227

Here's my shot for comparison:

iXeHsSeev8JWd.png

It's just Ryse being Ryse.=O

Just make sure your capture device is on default settings.

The amount of texture layers on this rock is quite crazy. They have depth too.

Going by art dump thread they seemed to use tons of nice techniques for texture layering, shell texturing and PoM to achieve additional depth on geometry and textures.
It would be nice to see all of this not hidden behind blurry IQ, but even more blurry shots would be appreciated :)

R8TEDM3

Flickr doesn't touch your original uploads. Whether it's JPG or PNG.

Here's a JPG original on Flickr (This isn't a console shot so I'll just link to it). No compression.

Problem with Flickr though is that they made it a pain in the arse to actually get to the original image (the new "photo" page sucks). If you look at this page, every single size listed EXCEPT the original will be compressed and sharpened.

Yeah, new "Flickr" layout is not fun at all! I found a way to kind of bypass that by changing the language to anything other than English!

That way it brings the old layout back, but it's only temporary solution, and once Flickr gets updated to other countries, then it's be rough!

GavinUK86

New Infamous Second Patch incoming!

Change time-of-day: Once you beat the game, a new entry will appear on the options menu to allow you to select the time of day! A very popular request indeed, and one we’re excited to enable for you all.

HUD on/off: Especially for those amazingly talented screenshot taking folks, we’re including an option to let you turn the HUD on and off.

Cap at 30FPS: Internally we prefer the unlocked frame rate, but we recognise that a group of players find the unlocked frame rate very distressing. So we’ll provide a way to ensure the game is not bumping up over 30FPS if that’s how you prefer to play.

Cannot wait. Add on top Sony hopefully allowing higher resolution screenshots and it'll be glorious.

Timu

Cannot wait. Add on top Sony hopefully allowing higher resolution screenshots and it'll be glorious.
But we already have high resolution screenshots(unless PS4 gets updated to 4k), it's higher quality from PS4 share that needs to be worked on, and I doubt they'll add a PNG option.

Change time-of-day: Once you beat the game, a new entry will appear on the options menu to allow you to select the time of day! A very popular request indeed, and one we’re excited to enable for you all.

HUD on/off: Especially for those amazingly talented screenshot taking folks, we’re including an option to let you turn the HUD on and off.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh shit. +10 internet points to those devs.

Timu

The amount of texture layers on this rock is quite crazy. They have depth too.

Going by art dump thread they seemed to use tons of nice techniques for texture layering, shell texturing and PoM to achieve additional depth on geometry and textures.
It would be nice to see all of this not hidden behind blurry IQ, but even more blurry shots would be appreciated :)
The rocks do look pretty sweet in the game, some of the best out there.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh shit. +10 internet points to those devs.
Panoramas are finally properly doable and I can't wait to do that.

Melchiah

Cap at 30FPS: Internally we prefer the unlocked frame rate, but we recognise that a group of players find the unlocked frame rate very distressing. So we’ll provide a way to ensure the game is not bumping up over 30FPS if that’s how you prefer to play.

If this is a goddam april fools prank...

Kuro

Edit: you sly fuck its april fools
Double Edit: Its not fake!

Yesssssssssssss

GavinUK86

Are you guys just grabbing the PS4 ones from Share via Twitter? Mine look compressed even when viewing the Original version.

There are two methods that result in less compression. I use this method personally; instead of sharing on the PS4, I send a message with the image as an attachment to my other PSN account, log into that account on my iPad via the PS App, save it to the tablet, email myself it, then on the PC, download the email attachment and upload it to Flickr. Long winded, but much better. You get the full size image and less compression.

YESSS! So glad they did this since the HUD removal trick was such a pain.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
That's the best time of the day to enjoy the graphics, everything looks amazing!

It really is impressive during the day. Although Neon at night is just stunning.

I think all of the times of day in the dame are fantastic. I just wish there was an option to select them, or have the game cycle between them.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
*sigh*

Thanks for the MGS spoiler...

I've been refraining from posting quite a few of my favorite second son shots because of spoilers. I had hoped to not get spoiled for other games also...

Lrrr

I was going to ask you for a link to this, but then I found it here. Sadly, by the time this patch releases, I think I will have traded in ISS towards MLB 14 The Show, so I won't get to take my HDD grabs. :( I'm just hoping the PS4 version of 'The Show' has a "free" or "flycam" option so we can take screenshots from anywhere in the stadiums.

GavinUK86

Pretty sure everyone held off on posting this because it's a spoiler. Given we paid money for a demo, probably best not to spoil even something small like this.

Just my two cents.

I felt like it was ok to post that considering that's not really a spoiler. It's nothing story related. It's just an easter egg that's already been plastered all over the internet.

Good thing this is free (PS+), I think $20 is asking a bit much.

Seems fun enough but already some annoying things... reload sound comes from controller (no option to change this as far as I can tell), having to press a button to collect gear (no idea how simply running over things isn't enough), controls in general seem slow to respond (perhaps it's the old school engine and intended...).

13567032044_f8c663205b_o_d.jpg

13566665825_41fe15d87c_o_d.jpg

13566730563_80b5d13a6c_o_d.jpg

Top Bottom