• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Stillmatic

Last ones, until I eventually get around to an Evil playthrough anyway.

cropb616btr.jpg

cropb5u5sg3.jpg

Tomohawk

Man infamous is probably going to beat out pikmin 3 for my most beautiful game so far this gen.
goddamn ground textures

Second playthrough, not just a good looking game, fun, addictive and a decent challenge on expert as well. Sounds like we're getting a patch within the week to manually set the time of day as well, which is very nice!

13534016675_8aec0f06f9_o_d.jpg

13534369204_2135151871_o_d.jpg

13534373534_c62989776b_o_d.jpg

Man infamous is probably going to beat out pikmin 3 for my most beautiful game so far this gen.
goddamn ground textures

If they made them any more higher res then pikmin would get lost amongst the textures.
i think most of the ground textures were fine, i can't think how else they can work around that problem given the camera angle and style of game,
especially given the outdoor/nature theme.

I personally use Flickr (it's really good if you want to keep a huge album of all your screenshots). Minus is also a good image hosting site as well.

Also never use IMGUR it adds compression to your photos.

Does it? I've been using IMGUR for my Wii U screens. Guess I need to change then...

Timu

Second playthrough, not just a good looking game, fun, addictive and a decent challenge on expert as well. Sounds like we're getting a patch within the week to manually set the time of day as well, which is very nice!
They need to patch a no HUD option as well!!!

Agree Timu, no HUD better be next up ;)

Last pics from me for a while. Just got the Plat and about to start something else.

Really liked the Eugene and Fetch characters.
I guess with Delsin being a power sponge there will probably never be DLC for characters with other powers, which would be a pity because I'd love to have seen more of their story.
I liked the design of Fetch because she wasn't a tall, skinny female.

13534340954_3087e692f4_o_d.jpg

13534346234_2735c06356_o_d.jpg

13534371224_444cf455c2_o_d.jpg

Caayn

Really liked the Eugene and Fetch characters.
I guess with Delsin being a power sponge there will probably never be DLC for characters with other powers, which would be a pity because I'd love to have seen more of their story.
DLC with the Glass powers, that you heard during one of the audio logs, would be awesome. Also a post endgame DLC where Delsin has visited Curden Cay after an evil playthrough would be really sweet

R8TEDM3

what happened to these? they honestly look really rough not having a go at you or Ryse mate just...[/QUOTE said:
I also noticed that when i'm taking pic's from Ryse, they look much worse than from other members! No clue on why? I don't have that issue with other games...

Btw i'm using AVerMedia Game Recorder -C985 (internal capture card)!

R8TEDM3

Likely compression issues. That's what it looks like.

It shouldn't be compression, as the card takes fully uncompressed shots, and after that i just convert them from BMP's to JPEG and best quality!

It's really bugging me though, and i can't figure it out:(

GavinUK86

You'll have to excuse the artifacting. I'm using the message yourself the shots, download from the PS App method. Regardless of image quality, the PS4 is off to a great start first-party wise.

Killzone: Shadow Fall

13546324493_fc149b9dff_o.jpg

Infamous: Second Son

13546323813_76830d1573_o.jpg

13546544063_a8d44050d6_o.jpg

Timu

It shouldn't be compression, as the card takes fully uncompressed shots, and after that i just convert them from BMP's to JPEG and best quality!

Download Aver Media Center 3D and save your shots as PNG, that way you get uncompressed without having to go from BMP to JPEG.

Chettlar

Banned

BMPs usually don't have the best image quality right? Or am I thinking of something else. If they are, converting them to JPEGs really won't help.

You can really only effectively downgrade pictures. Upgrading them doesn't help all that much.

Chettlar

Banned
Actually they do and have the biggest file sizes.=O Here's a BMP pic I did.

ib0jRvii7c8Gql.bmp

A 1080p BMP is around 6 MB.

Hm, because whenever I do BMPs with Fraps (don't have the full version, so BMP is the only one it allows me to do), they look absolutely awful.

I would actually be uploading some pictures, but I don't have a good screenshot program. Fraps' BMP captures look awful for some reason.

Timu

Will try that, thnx :)
You can also do BMP and convert to PNG as well.

Hm, because whenever I do BMPs with Fraps (don't have the full version, so BMP is the only one it allows me to do), they look absolutely awful.

I would actually be uploading some pictures, but I don't have a good screenshot program. Fraps' BMP captures look awful for some reason.
You can also use MSI Afterburner and Bandicam for BMPs.

But yeah BMPs are perfect in Avermedia Center/RECentral.

R8TEDM3

BMPs usually don't have the best image quality right? Or am I thinking of something else. If they are, converting them to JPEGs really won't help.

You can really only effectively downgrade pictures. Upgrading them doesn't help all that much.

As Timu mentioned, BMP's are the best quality! Here's one in PNG and other is JPEG...to my eyes there is no degradation in pic quality!

PNG

13549373833_c4487455f3_o.png

JPEG

13549639354_cc42dd7ccc_o.jpg

Timu

As Timu mentioned, BMP's are the best quality! Here's one in PNG and other is JPEG...to my eyes there is no degradation in pic quality!

PNG

JPEG
That JPEG screen is at 100% because it's over 1MB, anything less than 100% and it'll have compression.

Chettlar

Banned
You can also do BMP and convert to PNG as well.

You can also use MSI Afterburner and Bandicam for BMPs.

But yeah BMPs are perfect in Avermedia Center/RECentral.

What do you recommend as basically just the best overall free screenshot program?

I'll get a payed one eventually, but for right now.

Some DK shots I took today while playing
hard mode
spoiler alert
ITS FUCKING HARD!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01nussa.jpg

I absolutely love this game, will be playing it a lot and I am sure I will come back to it from time to time.

I am in the end of World 4, but I returned to 1-1 and 1-2 for speed runs, manage to get golds. It is tough but a lot of fun.

I need to get Pikmin 3 and W101.

R8TEDM3

That JPEG screen is at 100% because it's over 1MB, anything less than 100% and it'll have compression.

Correct 100% but that still doesn't solve my question?

How come when i take pic's of Infamous SS and convert them from BMP to JPEG (100% quality) they look just fine, BUT when i take pic's from Ryse, and do the same exact thing, they are totally opposite?

Top Bottom