• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Aticos

14239014538_2c65ab39a4_o.png

NICE

Grinchy

Banned
Destiny alpha yet to hit 1080p? Looks quite low res. Otherwise great!

It's the AA solution they're using. I used to play some PC games at 1080p with no AA and it looked very nice on my TV. I'd almost hope they give us the option of turning off the Vaseline filter in the final product.

-griffy-

Banned
It's the AA solution they're using. I used to play some PC games at 1080p with no AA and it looked very nice on my TV. I'd almost hope they give us the option of turning off the Vaseline filter in the final product.

Even with the AA they are using I think it still looks quite sharp. Much better than the FXAA used in BF4/Hardline, for example. In any case it's very obviously 1080p.

sniperpon

Destiny shots look pretty decent from a technical perspective, not really sold on the art direction though; it looks really generic, or at least in the shots I've seen.

Mouse movement is way too jittery for my taste at 30 fps.

That's an interesting perspective, I'll have to pay attention to that. I used to play Wolf3d, Doom, Quake, Duke 3d, Unreal, etc. with mice, and those ran anywhere from 10-35 fps depending on the hardware. I don't remember having any particular issues with aiming (other than my ordinary lack of coordination :) ).

But maybe it's just today's standards, we're spoiled by having 60 fps games (whereas 3d/2.5d games when I was a kid, 30 fps was barely obtainable most of the time; 25-30 fps was the holy grail). Also, I lost interest in shooters when they went the pseudo-realism (Medal of Honor/Call of Duty) route, last one I played a bunch was Unreal Tournament 2004, so maybe I'd be more sensitive to framerate if I still played them.

SZips

I'm rather late to the party but I liked this shot.

iVhrjhLCf964Z.jpg

I have a ton of other shots but they seem too similar to what many others have posted already.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Destiny shots look pretty decent from a technical perspective, not really sold on the art direction though; it looks really generic, or at least in the shots I've seen.
Glad I'm not the only one. The art direction does little for me. It's not bad, just... kinda there? It seems to be lacking in charm. I haven't played the game though so maybe it's better when you're inside the world playing it.

VanWinkle

I also went to the E3 level, good to know that the game is not downgraded at al

BqIS55rIAAAjoK2.jpg:orig

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqIC2BFIIAA8I5H.jpg:orig[/img

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqICk7cIAAAidL4.jpg:orig[/img[/QUOTE]

Oh man, that's awesome! Wish I would have found that area.

FXAA is what you're seeing. Hopefully they ditch it for some sort of MSAA or SMAA solution. I'd rather have no AA personally but then I don't care much about jaggies when a game's in motion.

Ah fair enough. I hate FXAA in my PC gaming so haven't seen it for a long time. It's really off-putting in all of these Destiny shots. Ruins the look for me.

Gah, one thing I've noticed recently with people posting Destiny pics here is that it REALLY does the game no favours. It's a beautiful game and the compression the PS4 applies shits all over the insane detail in the game.

Except the shots using capture cards, like nbnt.

Gah, one thing I've noticed recently with people posting Destiny pics here is that it REALLY does the game no favours. It's a beautiful game and the compression the PS4 applies shits all over the insane detail in the game.

Except the shots using capture cards, like nbnt.

It would be better if people used good hosts also. Heck, even the USB method gets better shots than Twitter/FB uploads/reuploads.

I don't enjoy this thread much because of the low standards and lack of proper formatting. If I were be the OP I would do a lot differently.
14429323611_a5a025b7e3_o.png

Borman

Wow, really? What's yours?

Blackmagic Intensity Pro. It does lower resolutions as well, along with 1080i. But 1080p was patched in later, so it only does 1080p30 which is useless for anything gaming really. Looking to upgrade at some point this fall, have had this thing off and on since it was released.

Top Bottom