• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Flandy

'A pain in the ass' is better than having no function at all *cough* xbone *cough*

Who cares if it's better than the xbones if it's still worse than pretty much everything else out there. Anyway, lets stop derailing the thread. Finally managed to get a screen shot up.

The Wind Waker HD in glorious 720p (not using a 1080p screen)
14582284623_67fe9e1317_o.jpg

chadboban

You seriously think 10 seconds to just take a screenshot while pretty much every other device only takes a second is acceptable?

Yeah but you can only upload one at a time. On my Vita I can either just transfer them to my computer or just upload them to flickr all at once

It makes taking multiple screenshots take way too long

True, I guess you have a point there. Doesn't bug me much though.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I think that's enough of Blacklist for now, it's not a very good looking game.
Eh, I thought it was pretty nice looking on the PC. When running at 60 fps and utilizing a lot of visual enhancements (parallax texture maps everywhere, HBAO, and generally cleaner image quality) it looks great.

leng jai

Eh, I thought it was pretty nice looking on the PC. When running at 60 fps and utilizing a lot of visual enhancements (parallax texture maps everywhere, HBAO, and generally cleaner image quality) it looks great.

Yes it looks very good on PC. This is the console thread though so I doubt the Wii U version looks anywhere near it.

BratmanDu

MK8 with a Starship Blooper in the background!
OL6IZV4L9h3J

These are from Mii verse as I didn't save em, they just made me laugh at my Earthbound play through choices:
zlCfzSBCgHAKEN1ziy

zlCfzSBTHZIRg2wF6X

man.

i stopped playing through Trine 2 cuz I found it too janky, but looks like I better push forward. That is fucking ridiculous.

Yeah I found that the game got prettier as you progressed. I'm not going to lie its kind of a chore to get through. But it's a very pretty game.

TSM

I recently discovered Durante's PtBi program. Here's an example of what it does for the Wii U in real time at 60fps:

No AA
w101noaa7ljl5.png

TPXAA
w101tpxaabrjs8.png

SMAA
w101smaazwk3l.png

Open in different tabs and flip back in forth for best comparison. Check the top edge of the fountain for the most obvious difference.

I recently discovered Durante's PtBi program. Here's an example of what it does for the Wii U in real time at 60fps:

No AA
w101noaa7ljl5.png

TPXAA
w101tpxaabrjs8.png

SMAA
w101smaazwk3l.png

Open in different tabs and flip back in forth for best comparison. Check the top edge of the fountain for the most obvious difference.

How does it affect latency? Is it noticeably worse?

TSM

How does it affect latency? Is it noticeably worse?

Using my GTX 770 and the worst case (adaptive lanczos scaling and SMAA) I get a 1.27 ms ave and 6.7 ms max processing time which means less then 1 frame at 120 hz (8.3 ms). I think the max is actually less then that, but I was too lazy to set up a 119.88 hz refresh rate so the frame window is constantly changing. At 60hz you are guaranteed less then one frame of latency which is probably better then most HDTVs. So basically PtBi is the total latency of the Wii U + 1 frame at whatever refresh rate you are running. The nice part is that you can pass it back to your HDTV if you want to play it on it.

Edit: I just compared the output on my monitor to the gamepad, and they are running in sync at 120hz.

liunli

Neo Member
Every time i play kzsf i am amazed by graphics, even mp looks insanely good.

I find myself staring at something occasionally even though i have been playing for over 7 months

Alchemy

Every time i play kzsf i am amazed by graphics, even mp looks insanely good.

I find myself staring at something occasionally even though i have been playing for over 7 months

Thats basically how I played through it, just slowly looking at things. Not sure if KZSF is the best looking current gen game or InFamous.

Don't care what anyone says, KZSF is STILL the best looking game this gen.
I'll still load up he campaign to admire the art and visuals even though I've already gotten all the SP trophies...

Top Bottom