• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Kater

Banned
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01afsp4.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01dmpoe.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01oyjro.jpg

I really like your MK8 screenshots, good stuff. :)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I got a PS4, so here's some grainy, terrible twitter rips.

Brxt_JVCMAA9uAf.jpg:large

BrylmyMCIAAcPhV.jpg:large

Brr-Z0vCQAA6WcQ.jpg:large

Gurish

Yep, I still feel like Shadow Fall is the best looking PS4 game by far as well.
Yea me too, Infamous looks good for an open world game but in terms of sheer fidelity nothing tops KZ on the PS4.

And the thing is, I don't think nothing will top it on PS4 until 2015 when The Order releases (which imo is the best looking game on any platform), incredible achievement by GG.

Btw, it's the same for the XB1 and Ryse, it's still the best looking game available on the platform and probably will remain so until 2015, pretty unususal that launch games are still the graphical kings of each platform.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
At least in photos. In motion the experience is somehat lacking. Especially in single player.

Whaaaaat?
It gains more in motion than most games. I even move the camera a little while I take screenshots because they turn out better that way, especially because the temporal component of the AA.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Using my GTX 770 and the worst case (adaptive lanczos scaling and SMAA) I get a 1.27 ms ave and 6.7 ms max processing time which means less then 1 frame at 120 hz (8.3 ms). I think the max is actually less then that, but I was too lazy to set up a 119.88 hz refresh rate so the frame window is constantly changing. At 60hz you are guaranteed less then one frame of latency which is probably better then most HDTVs. So basically PtBi is the total latency of the Wii U + 1 frame at whatever refresh rate you are running. The nice part is that you can pass it back to your HDTV if you want to play it on it.

Edit: I just compared the output on my monitor to the gamepad, and they are running in sync at 120hz.

Holy shit! I've been wanting something like this since the GC era!
This is fucking amazing!

There is a lot of compression in those screens. For best results copy images to USB drive then upload (I use picpar since it doesn't compress) to a image service website.

theWB27

I''ve never seen a PC game at max settings in person....Killzone is the greatest thing I've ever seen. Infamous isn't far since it's open world. Killzone's world is so....lived in. The lighting...holy shit the lighting. It's probably my favorite visual aspect of games and Killzone nails it and then some. I just got this, but haven't jumped into MP cause I want to take my time and stare.

I''ve never seen a PC game at max settings in person....Killzone is the greatest thing I've ever seen. Infamous isn't far since it's open world. Killzone's world is so....lived in. The lighting...holy shit the lighting. It's probably my favorite visual aspect of games and Killzone nails it and then some. I just got this, but haven't jumped into MP cause I want to take my time and stare.

i have seen pc games at max setting and i still think killzone sf is one of the most graphically appealing games i've seen. i think it is still the best looking ps4 game currently.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Whaaaaat?
It gains more in motion than most games. I even move the camera a little while I take screenshots because they turn out better that way, especially because the temporal component of the AA.

I think they actually fixed the jittering problem with a recent patch. It looks just as good when still as in motion now. There are several areas that I remember being quite jaggy but they looked much smoother playing the other day.

Sniper Elite 3 has great IQ, but damn you can easily tell it's a cross-gen game. Lighting's especially crude, I feel.

^And holy shit at those clouds, almost photorealistic.

valkyre

Ιs it just me who finds Sniper Elite extremely good looking game?

It looks like it has awesome IQ and it runs in 1080r 60fps...

and those rocks textures are among the best I have seen...are the pics making the game look better than it really is? Usually pics dont make the game justice so I am wondering if I am missing something here...

Also can the UI be disabled?

and those rocks textures are among the best I have seen...are the pics making the game look better than it really is? Usually pics dont make the game justice so I am wondering if I am missing something here...

I agree.

Toxa

Sniper Elite 3 has great IQ, but damn you can easily tell it's a cross-gen game. Lighting's especially crude, I feel.

^And holy shit at those clouds, almost photorealistic.

yeah it's a cross gen game but a cute cross gen game.
a friend of mine on facebook told the same when I've uploaded my pics the IQ is wonderful all runing at 1080p/60fps (locked 30 fps option or 3D) and yes it looks like these pics on screen, there's no trick no photoshop it looks the same
the rock texture are beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwevgtHgkAk&list=UUbOCbjMjK2_mr2MykvV_L_g

I don't know if you can disable the UI

valkyre

yeah it's a cross gen game but a cute cross gen game.
a friend of mine on facebook told the same when I've uploaded my pics the IQ is wonderful all runing at 1080p/60fps (locked 30 fps option or 3D) and yes it looks like these pics on screen, there's no trick no photoshop it looks the same
the rock texture are beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwevgtHgkAk&list=UUbOCbjMjK2_mr2MykvV_L_g

I don't know if you can disable the UI

Wow man... thanks... I decided to buy it :)

Foshy

Akiba's Trip 2 screenshots

That looks pretty bad and I can't understand why. They could've just upscaled the Vita version to 1080p, put some good AA on and called it a day, and it would've looked much cleaner. This is just a blurry mess.

Raonak

Banned
One of my favourite thigns about the PS4 is definetly the dramatically increased IQ. Games are so fucking clean!

Top Bottom