• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
How is One Piece? I was thinking of getting if I actually run out of games to play.

not bad: good graphics (I expected a worst looking game, being a 3DS up-port), good combat system, no crazy amount of backtracking (unlike the two Wii games). Environments are bland and flat, camera doens't work so good, but it's a good game for One Piece fans I suppose

ib1rPBceJPl6eg.jpg

icDjsHJN0uXrp.jpg

iYXO9khscIbjY.jpg

VanWinkle

Ιs it just me who finds Sniper Elite extremely good looking game?

It looks like it has awesome IQ and it runs in 1080r 60fps...

and those rocks textures are among the best I have seen...are the pics making the game look better than it really is? Usually pics dont make the game justice so I am wondering if I am missing something here...

Also can the UI be disabled?

Knack rocks are da best.

1490822_1403350966579048_1903763734_o.jpg

13929470051_615d987923_o.jpg

Peterthumpa

Using my GTX 770 and the worst case (adaptive lanczos scaling and SMAA) I get a 1.27 ms ave and 6.7 ms max processing time which means less then 1 frame at 120 hz (8.3 ms). I think the max is actually less then that, but I was too lazy to set up a 119.88 hz refresh rate so the frame window is constantly changing. At 60hz you are guaranteed less then one frame of latency which is probably better then most HDTVs. So basically PtBi is the total latency of the Wii U + 1 frame at whatever refresh rate you are running. The nice part is that you can pass it back to your HDTV if you want to play it on it.

Edit: I just compared the output on my monitor to the gamepad, and they are running in sync at 120hz.

Really interesting. Would you mind to post some MK8 screens using this method?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yeah I found that the game got prettier as you progressed. I'm not going to lie its kind of a chore to get through. But it's a very pretty game.

I hated playing that game. It was soooo pretty, but the more you played it the more you realized how bad the controls were. But my goodness the prettiness!

Just got a PS4, and I wanted to put up a few screenshots from inFamous. Sorry about the HUD on the first one. I didn't think to activate Photo Mode before I took that shot in the game.

idpPqtDmTrTm0.jpg

iZ00dqt4Aur9T.jpg

ibeS5asrqXrOHA.jpg

not bad: good graphics (I expected a worst looking game, being a 3DS up-port), good combat system, no crazy amount of backtracking (unlike the two Wii games). Environments are bland and flat, camera doens't work so good, but it's a good game for One Piece fans I suppose

Well I'm not a One Piece fan and since it's got no online coop, I guess I'll skip it.

iuPd1tEXRpl01.jpg

ibkeaR8FS1MyUb.jpg

iozlMGTTkgcBQ.jpg

Really loving what you can do with the Photo Mode in the game. It really opens up possibilities for very dynamic and impressive looking shots. Although it probably won't be something many developers would think of adding to their stuff, it would be great to see more games have that kind of feature.

And for some reason "United States Of Whatever" comes into my mind when I look at the shot of the spray painted billboard. :p

Korten

Banned
FF14, not the most impressive, just hanging about my FC house... Also why are the screenshots JPEG? Looks really low quality despite 1080p.

AbU.jpg

BbU.jpg

the IQ is neat.

FXAA ? MSAA ? ... ?

10380064_10204297081174205_3105765276329918361_o.jpg

I think it might be TXAA, you can see the temporal aliasing (?) from the guy's face. Unless that's intentional to give a "dazed" feeling, like if he just got hit in the head or drank some booze.

Nvm. It's not a "dazed" feeling. That's an issue with the lighting, but the issue can be caused from the TXAA.

cngai

I'm convinced they're is something wrong with my tv. These games don't look nearly this good for me. What are the best settings for gaming. I have a 40 in dynex. Not great I know, but it should look more defined than it does

I played this game on my samsung 32" LCD 720p TV and the graphics was similar to PS3. After I connected my PS4 to my monitor which run as 1080p, there was huge improvement.

I'm convinced they're is something wrong with my tv. These games don't look nearly this good for me. What are the best settings for gaming. I have a 40 in dynex. Not great I know, but it should look more defined than it does

What number do you have your sharpness setting at? I've found that some people turn it all the way up thinking it will make the image better, but it completely ruins the image quality. Try turning it down, or to it's default if it isn't already.

valkyre

Guys why in PS4 when transferring screenshots to USB, those screenshots appear blurred compared to sharing those same pics via twitter for example?

This is really bugging me. There is a considerable quality drop when moving a picture from your HDD drive to USB, than just sharing that same pic via Twitter.

Is this the same for everyone, or am I doing it wrong?

Guys why in PS4 when transferring screenshots to USB, those screenshots appear blurred compared to sharing those same pics via twitter for example?

This is really bugging me. There is a considerable quality drop when moving a picture from your HDD drive to USB, than just sharing that same pic via Twitter.

Is this the same for everyone, or am I doing it wrong?

That's weird because twitter compresses the fuck out of screenshots, whereas the USB method doesn't compress them anywhere near as much. What host site are you using?

valkyre

That's weird because twitter compresses the fuck out of screenshots, whereas the USB method doesn't compress them anywhere near as much. What host site are you using?

No host... just looking at the pics from my USB stick... and I have the same pic looking it from the USB and the same one uploaded to twitter via PS4 and the latter looks considerably sharper...

Yes it is weird and I really dont get why...

No host... just looking at the pics from my USB stick... and I have the same pic looking it from the USB and the same one uploaded to twitter via PS4 and the latter looks considerably sharper...

Yes it is weird and I really dont get why...

How big are both file sizes?

-griffy-

Banned
Seeing some of these posts with Infamous right next to Watch Dogs really makes Watch Dogs look bad. Infamous is so damn good looking.

Top Bottom