• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

javac

dLZaL6Mj.jpg

xqP9WBMW.jpg

OFuD9VB7.jpg

I tried :p

Damn gorgeous... JAW did it right, this is how i remember the game looking back then on PSX, obviously it did not... but they recreated the game using the same... art/rendering style?... i dunno. I just wish that Retro could've made the new DK games using a similar art/rendering style as the one Rare used to create the originals... i mean just look at this beauty.

cyber_ninja

I have no idea what he meant but for me the juxtaposition of his character model and the background stuff that looks not-so-nice is kind of jarring. it just doesn't mesh. I never played this game before and don't know if that's how it came off in the original or anything so keep that in mind.

iHjMbJsTJKvyn.jpg

look at Joel next to those trees. for me it just doesn't look right. it looks like a really detailed person in a world made out of construction paper. hyperbole obviously but I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say. that's the same reason I don't really like how Infamous SS looks either. some things look fantastic and other things look awful. I prefer a more cohesive whole, if that makes sense.

Replace the word person with the word car in the highlited sentence and it would perfectly describe FM 5 imo; and what does look awful in SS exactly? That game looks very good.

Damn gorgeous... JAW did it right, this is how i remember the game looking back then on PSX, obviously it did not... but they recreated the game using the same... art/rendering style?... i dunno. I just wish that Retro could've made the new DK games using a similar art/rendering style as the one Rare used to create the originals... i mean just look at this beauty.

They kept the spirit of the original through and through, but it's so incredibly better looking. Like to the point that you can look up a walkthrough of the original vs. New N Tasty and it legitimately looks like 2 different games. It's one of the best TRUE remakes we've ever seen in gaming.

The kept the spirit of the original through and through, but it's so incredibly better looking. Like to the point that you can look up a walkthrough of the original vs. New N Tasty and it legitimately looks like 2 different games. It's one of the best TRUE remakes we've ever seen in gaming.

Yes, it looks like it... can't wait for my white PS4 to arrive so that i can play it...

Soul_Pie

There are some beautiful shots being posted in this thread, appreciate all the work you guys do. I'll take some of my own one day.

Oddworld is a real stunner.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Care to elaborate what you mean by this? How can an improvement of detail on his character model not be a good thing?

There's just too much detail on Joel's face that seems to get in the way of seeing his overall face. I just see dark wrinkles everywhere in some of those screenshots, and in a lot I can't even quite see his eyes really clearly. His face was already detailed enough imo on the PS3 and honestly seems much simpler/cleaner there (as in it's easier to see). It's all preference though obviously. The clothing additions don't really add much for me though because I feel they could have spent it on environments, lighting, etc. I only got to watch my roommate play through the original game, but the lighting in a lot of the game wasn't that great, so I'd rather they spruce up the environments/lighting as opposed to Joel since I think he already looked fine. You can see the difference when you see a ridiculously detailed Joel and a very sparsely detailed environment in comparison.

phanphare

Banned
Replace the word person with the word car in the highlited sentence and it would perfectly describe FM 5 imo; and what does look awful in SS exactly? That game looks very good.

I don't want to go hunting for screenshots but there were certain things about the city that didn't look nearly as good a the main character did and seeing them side by side was pretty jarring.

Xbox one Destiny shots without a capture card, with these I reduced my pc res to 900p

Really don't think it's possible to get cleaner shots until Microsoft add a screen shot function.

iiH32IKuuWl2D.png

ibyRL1LOB0PKLX.png

ixxKC8pqHjSwP.png

To me in game it seems exactly the same as my PS4 version without the micro shudder & for now only being 900p
I would have to strongly disagree. The Ps4 version is not only sharper because of the 1080p res, but it looked like my X1 version lost a lot of texture details especially in the indoor environments. I flipped inputs on my tv, and was pretty surprised by the difference. The lighting is still great and the framerate is solid, but I'm banking on the PS4 version still having the most detail overall even if they're both rendered at 1080/30. Either way, I feel like bungie is getting that spark back once this is released. I hope Marty had some music achieved for the sequels, because the soundtrack is stupid good.

Ubersnug

Nice one for going to the trouble of putting these pics up.
what bit of the game is the ship in dark skies? I've played this to death on PS4 & Xbone but don't recall seeing that shot.

Also what did you capture the pics with?
Thanks. Thought I would start contributing some Xbox One pics to the thread. Hoping to do alot more from this point going forward now.

The image you quoted was just after you escape from old Russia not long after getting resurrected. It's the flight sequence during the journey to the Tower for the first time. Some stunning scenes during that sequence.

As for what I used, it was the Elgato Game Capture box. (which you can see here

Will get more pics tonight assuming my two year old gets to sleep tonight at a reasonable time, despite the bloody warm weather.

It definitely looks better, but it doesn't look a generation ahead. I don't know - I feel like the graphical upgrade in TLOU might be being overblown.

I'll definitely be waiting on a sale, though I played the shit out of the PS3 version.

Agreed, but it wasn't supposed to, and was never touted as such. At the end of the day it's a remaster of PS3 game, not a fully fledged PS4 game. The Last of Us sequel/prequel will be the game that looks a generation ahead.

Pjsprojects

Thanks. Thought I would start contributing some Xbox One pics to the thread. Hoping to do alot more from this point going forward now.

The image you quoted was just after you escape from old Russia not long after getting resurrected. It's the flight sequence during the journey to the Tower for the first time. Some stunning scenes during that sequence.

As for what I used, it was the Elgato Game Capture box. (which you can see here

Will get more pics tonight assuming my two year old gets to sleep tonight at a reasonable time, despite the bloody warm weather.

Missed that scene somehow then lol. Know what your saying about the heat!

i-Lo

The xbone shots of Destiny look pleasing; the slight blur gives it a more film-esque aesthetic. I just hope it can deliver steady framerate once Bungie ups the resolution.

Top Bottom