• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

VanWinkle

TLoU Remastered is the very definition of an up-port compared to something like Tomb Raider on PS4, but those character models, particularly Joel's face, look incredible.

I'm actually really disappointed in how similar it looks, overall. It's 1080p and 60fps and that's awesome, but TR, another late-last-gen game, ended up being 1080p, averaging around 50fps, with WAY more graphical bells and whistles than the last-gen version, AND it came out in a way shorter time period than TLoU Remastered. I don't know, I'm not trying to sound selfish or anything, but I was definitely expecting more to it in the non-res-non-framerate sense.

Timu

I will not be able to get TLOU Remastered this month but since I own the PS3 game I can do comparisons with the PS4 version in terms of character models, lighting, textures, anti-aliasing and more!

NY0lGN.jpg

inYxfu.jpg

uyubzQ.jpg

*jaw drops*

Caayn

Xbox one Destiny shots without a capture card, with these I reduced my pc res to 900p

Really don't think it's possible to get cleaner shots until Microsoft add a screen shot function.

To me in game it seems exactly the same as my PS4 version without the micro shudder & for now only being 900p
Those shots really don't do the Xbox One version any favors. How'd take them, with GameDVR?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
TLoU's trees look off when you look at them closely. They look good from far away though. Overall I don't really agree with Joel's character model looking that much better. Sure it's more detailed, but not necessarily all in a good way. The environments don't look that much better to me imo either. Still a decent looking game though.

a916

TLoU Remastered is the very definition of an up-port compared to something like Tomb Raider on PS4, but those character models, particularly Joel's face, look incredible.

I'm actually really disappointed in how similar it looks, overall. It's 1080p and 60fps and that's awesome, but TR, another late-last-gen game, ended up being 1080p, averaging around 50fps, with WAY more graphical bells and whistles than the last-gen version, AND it came out in a way shorter time period than TLoU Remastered. I don't know, I'm not trying to sound selfish or anything, but I was definitely expecting more to it in the non-res-non-framerate sense.

Probably having to do with TR PS4 being a PC port (and not the PS3 version) and TLOU PS4 being a PS3 port...

Pjsprojects

Those shots really don't do the Xbox One version any favors. How'd take them, with GameDVR?

Yeah then screen grabbed on pc at native res. 1904x900. But flipping between hdmi channels they both look about the same.

PS4 shots that I do are direct usb then to png files so are nice.

TLoU's trees look off when you look at them closely. They look good from far away though. Overall I don't really agree with Joel's character model looking that much better. Sure it's more detailed, but not necessarily all in a good way. The environments don't look that much better to me imo either. Still a decent looking game though.

Care to elaborate what you mean by this? How can an improvement of detail on his character model not be a good thing?

GavinUK86

I hated Tomb Raider on PS4. The framerate felt all over the shop and, to be totally honest, I prefer how Lara originally looked. I do own it on PC though so it was quite a looker in the first place. I couldn't even finish it on PS4. Played it twice on PC.

TLOU:R looks like a perfect 'next-gen' port of an already good looking PS3 game to me. All I want are upgraded textures, higher res and a better framerate and it's already worth the price of admission.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Probably having to do with TR PS4 being a PC port (and not the PS3 version) and TLOU PS4 being a PS3 port...
Indeed, ND didn't have a nothing but the original PS3 to work from.
Nexxi just ported what was already done on a high end PC, optimized TessFX for consoles and upgraded everything else to Nextgen standards and added other neat new graphical stuff.
I'd imagine ND work was mostly coding TLOU to run on PS4, while I don't think it's a Remaster in same sense as TR(which is like Star Wars Remastered) it is Remastered in the traditional best visual/audio optimization method, it looks better then some games available on nextgen, like Sniper Elite 3 and it's still a fantastic looking game, I think people expected bigger upgrades due mainly to the word Remastered, which was probably used because HD would confuse the consumer as TLOU PS3 is HD too, just not 1080p

phanphare

Banned
Care to elaborate what you mean by this? How can an improvement of detail on his character model not be a good thing?

I have no idea what he meant but for me the juxtaposition of his character model and the background stuff that looks not-so-nice is kind of jarring. it just doesn't mesh. I never played this game before and don't know if that's how it came off in the original or anything so keep that in mind.

iHjMbJsTJKvyn.jpg

look at Joel next to those trees. for me it just doesn't look right. it looks like a really detailed person in a world made out of construction paper. hyperbole obviously but I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say. that's the same reason I don't really like how Infamous SS looks either. some things look fantastic and other things look awful. I prefer a more cohesive whole, if that makes sense.

look at Joel next to those trees. for me it just doesn't look right. it looks like a really detailed person in a world made out of construction paper. hyperbole obviously but I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say. that's the same reason I don't really like how Infamous SS looks either. some things look fantastic and other things look awful. I prefer a more cohesive whole, if that makes sense.

I see what you mean. Shame they couldn't improve the LOD on the trees a little more.

javac

Now I want to take 1080p pics of that game again, lol.=p

It's a great looking game isn't it? :) Nintendo did a great job with the HD release. The sky in this game looks amazing with the day/night cycles. I find myself moving the camera slowly 360° while sailing :p

peND2jSj.jpg

Fg3dF81O.jpg

UqZwZNkj.jpg

-griffy-

Banned
I really dont see any difference. Maybe in another screenshots

Are you browsing on your phone or something? I mean, the resolution and aliasing is a fairly large difference in and of itself, but then you have stuff like the algae in PS4 actually having texture instead of almost being one single blob of color on PS3.

chadboban

Fuck! How did that happen? Have you gotten it sorted out? I assume you've sent it off to Nintendo? Damn, that sucks :(

Faulty flash drive. Was just gonna use it to temporarily store some games until I got a new HDD next month, now my Wii U won't connect to the gamepad and won't send a video signal to the TV. Should've been more patient. I just wanted to play Pikmin 3 soooo badly :(

Unfortunately, due to my living situation (I live in Trinidad and Tobago), it's gonna be a real hassle for me to get it over to Nintendo. I called them and I am covered under warranty so that's good, also the customer service dude was extremely nice and had a thick Indian accent which makes everything better :).

I may have to send my Wii U to my mother in Washington and have her send it in for me. That's the easy part though. Getting it back is gonna be hard, since Customs and Excise are such a huge pain in the ass in my country. Mailing it back to me is out of the question as they may very well charge me a ton to just to bring it back in. It'll be great if I can get one of my relatives coming in to bring it back, but that may very well be a couple of months. Thank goodness for my backlog on other systems otherwise I'd be going fucking crazy right now.

javac

Faulty flash drive. Was just gonna use it to temporarily store some games until I got a new HDD next month, now my Wii U won't connect to the gamepad and won't send a video signal to the TV. Should've been more patient. I just wanted to play Pikmin 3 soooo badly :(

Unfortunately, due to my living situation (I live in Trinidad and Tobago), it's gonna be a real hassle for me to get it over to Nintendo. I called them and I am covered under warranty so that's good, also the customer service dude was extremely nice and had a thick Indian accent which makes everything better :).

I may have to send my Wii U to my mother in Washington and have her send it in for me. That's the easy part though. Getting it back is gonna be hard, since Customs and Excise are such a huge pain in the ass in my country. Mailing it back to me is out of the question as they may very well charge me a ton to just to bring it back in. It'll be great if I can get one of my relatives coming in to bring it back, but that may very well be a couple of months. Thank goodness for my backlog on other systems otherwise I'd be going fucking crazy right now.

Wow that's a really crappy situation. It's one of the reasons companies like Nintendo need to branch out and make it easier for people to purchase these systems and get proper coverage if anything goes wrong. I hope it works out for you in any case. It's pretty scary how easily your problem occurred as well! You wouldn't expect a flash drive to have such a devastating impact on your system, and when shit like that happens, you wish you'd just not done it. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. Good luck with the procedure.

T0f2hbVb.jpg

oZbKfmJF.jpg

cbizayQO.jpg

chadboban

Wow that's a really crappy situation. It's one of the reasons companies like Nintendo need to branch out and make it easier for people to purchase these systems and get proper coverage if anything goes wrong. I hope it works out for you in any case. It's pretty scary how easily your problem occurred as well! You wouldn't expect a flash drive to have such a devastating impact on your system, and when shit like that happens, you wish you'd just not done it. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. Good luck with the procedure.

Thanks man :), I really wasn't expecting a flash drive to do such damage.
and keep the gorgeousness coming. Your shots are incredible!

Top Bottom