• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Before

After

Hehe, remember back to MGS2 they had a photo competition where you used the camera from the game to capture funny moments. The only way we could capture them to show was to take a picture of your TV. ( there was no option to save the pics onto a USB drive)

ibsXaENXRSxKQe.jpg

ibds3kP5UFYCnb.jpg

iGr1d0e9ZiXPS.jpg

Votron

Where did this come from? Obviously the main characters have the most polygons. Haven't you played video games before? That's how it always is. "People should realize by now"? Who didn't realize that?

Regarding the pool balls, there is no reason for them to waste polygons on something so utterly useless and you'll see for a few seconds.
So we can all agree about naughty dog having every little details in their work which makes the experience rubber awesome...Not so much? Because I've been rating alot about how the details in the game is Spetacular and all..

seeing is believing. Isn't that Sony's motto BTW?

No. Lol.

So we can all agree about naughty dog having every little details in their work which makes the experience rubber awesome...Not so much? Because I've been rating alot about how the details in the game is Spetacular and all..

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that because a few objects are low-poly, and because NPC's don't have the same poly count as the main characters (as it is in every single game ever made), ND don't have spectacular attention to detail? Is that what you're saying? Dude....look around, you're in a thread full of screenshots that prove otherwise.

garyBig

Floor and the balls have aliasing :p

Maybe it's a falsely subjective impression i got, but I could swear they're not in the actual game. At least not to the degree the screenshot makes it seem.

It's really strange though since with Killzone it's the other way round. Screenshots sometimes look absolutely perfect, but when playing the game, several IQ problems really stood out to me. Okay this is all very weird, but out of everything I've played on PS4, Pure Pool definitely looks the smoothest (Well, surprise it's just a table with some balls, but anyway - hadn't really expected that)

EDIT:
Christ, that Pure Pool UI is ugly.

Hell yes. Not only that, but it's all around embarrassing, clunky, weird and yeah, ugly as shit. How any sensible person can choose this font for their game is beyond me.

TopGun

Banned
Is it wrong that I think all TLOU screens should go into the photomode thread? I want to see other game screens but its been nothing but TLOU for the past couple days.

Is it wrong that I think all TLOU screens should go into the photomode thread? I want to see other game screens but its been nothing but TLOU for the past couple days.

Was the same way with Infamous but Infamous got weeks of love and then the photo mode hit which gave it many more weeks of love lol. Mario Kart got tons of love for awhile too. New games be new and all

chadboban

This is how it always is and how it always will be with new releases. It was the same for Infamous, MK8, DKC, Mario 3D World, MGS Ground Zeroes, Destiny Alpha/Beta etc. Eventually the shots tend to cool down then new shots from new games take their place. And the cycle continues.

Top Bottom