• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

iEIW1T85p6a5a.jpg

ibd6bvSQSXFu5D.jpg

ipNpiWHFOpPHW.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_013sjno.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01rbkuq.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01r3z6f.jpg

The lighting Criterion pulled off in Most Wanted is pretty impressive and gives me hope for Watch Dogs. I reckon the Wii U version will have slightly worse lighting than psbone and slightly better textures than ps360, especially since Criterion pulled this off in about 3 or 4 months and the lighting and water effects are comparable to Watch Dogs on Xbox One, I'm not saying it's as good, but it's no slouch in comparison.

Yeah, in a few snapshots it does actually look impressive, but overall I always feel like there's something missing, probably shadows or something when I'm playing it.

Part of the close to photo realism is the lighting engine and the shadows, especially the early morning setting. It is just a shame this game does not have a 24 hour cycle because the transition would have looked spectacular.

AdanVC

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01k6db9.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01liju0.jpg

The lighting Criterion pulled off in Most Wanted is pretty impressive and gives me hope for Watch Dogs. I reckon the Wii U version will have slightly worse lighting than psbone and slightly better textures than ps360, especially since Criterion pulled this off in about 3 or 4 months and the lighting and water effects are comparable to Watch Dogs on Xbox One, I'm not saying it's as good, but it's no slouch in comparison.

Excellent shots! This truly gives me hope that Watch_Dogs for Wii U will look this good. It was delayed for polishing purposes after all.

I have a lot of games on Wii U now and planning on getting more games on PS4.

Infamous and KZ at a lower price just because of the images here. TLOUR and Metro Redux are my next buys. Not sure what to get later we will see, Destiny looks good but not sold yet, I played the Beta.

For Wii U NFSMW, Deus Ex and Batman AC. Later Bayo 1&2 and Captain Toad.

That is gameplay and an up close shot using Photo mode.

CG Joel looks more detailed.

ibfTChagbVKoxU.jpg

iL2K04REo8j0D.jpg

iGtPVAWnfFapP.jpg

That's not a very good comparison, at all. The in-game character model for Joel is exactly the same as the cut-scene model:

1406649331276.jpg

g4Z.jpg

thelastofusremastered0xpjg.jpg

Those are all in-game character models. The pre-rendered cut-scenes may have different lighting, but in terms of the character models, they're exactly the same as they are in-game.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01zjrat.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01vyldr.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01j8uze.jpg

Excellent shots! This truly gives me hope that Watch_Dogs for Wii U will look this good. It was delayed for polishing purposes after all.
Thanks, Ubisoft did say that the Wii U version was being built from the ground up and that they had it up and running before the ps360 version so its possible.

Dolobill

I don't know what's up with mine but I've just bought KZ and it looks like shit :/ jaggies all over the place. I have my sharpness turned right down too.

Do you have a Sony tv? There was an issue with Bravia's I think that messed with PS4 resolution until the firmware was updated. A friend of mine had the issue. We shared captures of the game and his looked much worse than mine, but he got it sorted with a FW update.

Nerix

Are you happy with the quality of the PS4 screens via the share button? I am just wondering, as the size of a 1080p screen with mostly between 300-500 kB doesn't seem to deliver a great quality. I would say it's okay, but I would like to see a quality option in the settings, where you can choose a much larger file size (less compression).

Are you happy with the quality of the PS4 screens via the share button? I am just wondering, as the size of a 1080p screen with mostly between 300-500 kB doesn't seem to deliver a great quality. I would say it's okay, but I would like to see a quality option in the settings, where you can choose a much larger file size (less compression).

it is decent enough. i hope they give us an uncompressed PNG pic option at some point.

iVxHfwEonjHao.jpg

iLZ9IumeYtGfV.JPG

Would it change anything if I converted the pics to PNG via camstudio or photoshop or whatever?

Just tried it with Snagit. After conversion it went to 3.19Mb, was like 500KB I think.

iFhDOMyHcvP9Y.png

Top Bottom