• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

playing with my kids

dOwV0eT.jpg

You should check your black levels on the Xbox One settings. Expanded or Intermediate can sometimes really crush blacks in dark games.

If it's on one of these put it back to Standard then reset the brightness on DR3 and take another shot. Also check for RGB or YCBR. Even though RGB is recommended for gaming some games look better on YCBR.

I don't see an option to enable this, where is it? All i get is rgb limited/full, thanks.

RGVNOE

This is going to be one of the most iconic motives of the game, isn't it?
I sure as hell will post the exact same screenshot when I get the game next friday :D

It's very early in the game as well, and just continues to stay beautiful as you progress along.

1001275_1378262032421193_479573609_n.jpg

Knacks environmental detail is staggering at times. They really did well with the set pieces.

1472956_1378400965740633_915863428_n.jpg

Show off the lighting/shadow work which is well done also.

1460286_1378885422358854_1084324804_n.jpg

The reflections are cool too

1476549_1378955185685211_701771850_n.jpg

Much textures

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
You guys do know you can get full resolution captures via facebook and twitter. Posting these low res horribly compressed images do the games no favors.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Xbone captures could benefit tremendously from lossless, or at least far higher quality, file quality. Both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One captures are pretty gross quality, but the artefacts do a lot more damage to a 720p image than 1080p. Killer Instinct, for example, I personally think has fucking awesome particle effects. But the clean, crisp look of those little details are lost in captures due to the artefact riddled image at 720p.

Similar to the Wii U, Microsoft would benefit from updating the browser to allow full size/quality image uploads.

X-Factor

HOW TO GET FULL RESOLUTION on pictures uploaded to Twitter via PS4:

1) First click on the twitter image to enlarge it.
2)Then right-click on the image, copy and paste the twitter image's link,
3) then change :"large" to :"Orig" in the image link and hit enter

Right click and save, upload to imageshack.us

That way you do not lose the original resolution. Twitter pictures are still compressed compared to the PS4's image saved on the hard drive.
Check the file sizes.

irdc.jpg

b7mv.jpg

8s78.jpg

27r6.jpg

plank

Xbone captures could benefit tremendously from lossless, or at least far higher quality, file quality. Both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One captures are pretty gross quality, but the artefacts do a lot more damage to a 720p image than 1080p. Killer Instinct, for example, I personally think has fucking awesome particle effects. But the clean, crisp look of those little details are lost in captures due to the artefact riddled image at 720p.

Similar to the Wii U, Microsoft would benefit from updating the browser to allow full size/quality image uploads.

I don't understand Xbox one don't seem to have a proper capture function yet timu is using a capture card.

OryoN

More NFS MW U Shots

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01uiifs.jpg

I said "WOW!"
For as much as EA not considering Wii U "Gen 4"(so douchey!), this game hold up quite well against NFS:Rivals.

Anyway, here's my contribution: Mario 3D World: Having fun realtime reflections.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01d8j3q.jpg

Edit: I think I'll store a few links/images here as I play on, and consolidate them later.
http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ypc67.jpg
http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_012xsfx.jpg
http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_013dodb.jpg

Didn't say people couldn't post as it is per definition a 'next-gen' console. I just wanted to look at PS4 screenshots or Xbox One shots when that's out. Not at that detestable dogshit from the Wii U we've already seen a million times for the past few months, the IQ alone makes me want to vomit.

Hence why I asked for a PS4 specific thread.
Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking but I like my account too much to say it. I see beautiful shadowfall , knack and battlefield 4 shots and then a random, aliased, last-gen picture. Just ruins the mood but that's just me.

Timu

In PS4's case there needs to be a better capture device inside that thing, lol.

I don't understand Xbox one don't seem to have a proper capture function yet timu is using a capture card.
Yeah it supports external capture cards fully and you can even record gameplay through hdmi without it being blocked like the 360, guess I seem to be the only one who's gotten X1 screens here so far.

Top Bottom