• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Pitmonkey

Man, the texture and lighting in Nintendo Land really is under appreciated. I hope Nintendo makes a full fledged, non-mini game based title using some of it's assets.

ALM5252

WiiU:
PS4:

Not at full resolution because it's using the share feature built into the ps4, but you can see some of the differences. Tried to line up the shots as best I could.

I like the Wii U version just because the water is a nice dark blue color. It also looks like it has more color.

I honestly don't see TOO much of a difference as well. Maybe if the PS4 version was full resolution, then I could probably tell.

But from those pictures, Wii U looks aesthetically better not counting the difference in resolution.

Hey Effect, how the hell did you get to those screens?

Is that a plaza where you can walk around and enter the minigames through those doors? If so, I need to find out how to do that

Man, the texture and lighting in Nintendo Land really is under appreciated. I hope Nintendo makes a full fledged, non-mini game based title using some of it's assets.

they kinda are

old ass screenshot so could look better whenever they get closer to release (whenever that is)

yoshiyarn-announce2.jpg

Effect

Hey Effect, how the hell did you get to those screens?

Is that a plaza where you can walk around and enter the minigames through those doors? If so, I need to find out how to do that

gamingeek posted those shows not me.

As for the archways, yeah you can get to the various games by going up to them/through them and or you can just select them off the gamepad. There is an option that brings them up. The plaza is where you drop into when you start the game. As you play the games you get coins and you can use to play a Pachinko styled game. The prizes are what populate the plaza from statues form the various games, a train that unlocks a different way of playing the games with a group, soundtracks from the different games that can play in the plaza, etc. The Miis running around are Miis from other players that have played the game and are posting in Miiverse. You can see their stats when you target them.

I hope it's not. I don't think that audience generally would care for a Yoshi platformer.

Given the audience they'd be really stupid to pull out a Yoshi game. The only reasonable options are Zelda, X, Smash Bros, or more Bayonetta 2.

Yanikun

Banned
This thread made me realize that graphics themselves are going to matter less and less and resolution is going to matter more and more. I hope most of Nintendo's flagship titles are going to run at 1080p. This should be a priority, because I see a bigger difference between 720p and 1080p than anything.

Sony really needs to allow screen captures straight to the HDD. I don't have Facebook or Twitter... nor am I interested in sharing compressed captures.

onilink88

How great would it be if this is what Nintendo is teasing for the spike vga event.

Huh? They're teasing something for VGA?

Given the audience they'd be really stupid to pull out a Yoshi game. The only reasonable options are Zelda, X, Smash Bros, or more Bayonetta 2.

I'd love for it to be X, but I can't imagine that particular audience giving a shit about a JRPG. SSBU and Bayonetta 2, on the other hand, I can see.

plank

I think there is a way but it involves some work. Mainly recording some footage and going into the curate/upload studio and save the raw file (if it has the option), then view it on your computer via vlc player and screencap from there. I will try it when my xbox one gets here.

That's kind of disappointing I thought the point of this thread was because of the effortlessness and ease. :/

Makes me think there is not going to be as many XB1 pics.

rawktapus

Huh? They're teasing something for VGA?

On gttv, reggie confirmed Nintendo would be there, and hinted they might have something to show. Considering they've never gone before, and that theyhave a lot to prove to that audience, it would seem they're poised to show something big off, but then again, it's Nintendo, so it could also be fireworks for Nintendoland 2 :p
I would love a Nintendoland 2

Exile20

On gttv, reggie confirmed Nintendo would be there, and hinted they might have something to show. Considering they've never gone before, and that theyhave a lot to prove to that audience, it would seem they're poised to show something big off, but then again, it's Nintendo, so it could also be fireworks for Nintendoland 2 :p
I would love a Nintendoland 2

This would be lovely.

DLC
Leaderboards
Online multiplayer
Even achievements = Stickers to use in Miiverse, achievements would actually be useful.

Wouldn't it be awesome if there were rare stickers? It would be like achievements but just stickers.

Come on Nintendo do this.

Is it possible to take screens directly from the Wii U? How?

Press the home button in a game and go to an image uploading site with the browser. It should let you select whatever was last on the screen when you pressed the home button.
You can also upload to Miiverse but it really gimps the resolution

tkscz

Is it possible to take screens directly from the Wii U? How?

Press the home button during the moment you want to take the shot.

Go to the web browser.

Go to any website you upload images to (I choose imgur)

Tap on upload and the Gamepad will ask to choose the TV image or gamepad image, choose which ever you want.

Tap upload and you're done.

JHijbLp.jpg

Top Bottom