• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Pat_DC

The game seems to be really dark on my screen, hope I can adjust the settings or else I'm stuck with this.

Have you played any other games on your one yet? Would be interesting if the darkness is only with DR3.

By the way good to see an xbone game in here as well.
Now that all the contenders are out let next gen begin!!!

Pitmonkey

Everyone owes it to themselves to play this game.

fGXnp3z.jpg

wBzS4E9.jpg

6SicqUa.jpg

Timu

Was going to say that it looks far too dark, hopefully there is a setting somewhere that you may have missed.
This is default in the game settings.

Have you played any other games on your one yet? Would be interesting if the darkness is only with DR3.

By the way good to see an xbone game in here as well.
Now that all the contenders are out let next gen begin!!!
Yeah I played the 1st 2 and enjoyed them, and they are definitely more bright on default even and more colorful than this game.

Those screens really look super dark.
I'll change the settings if that helps and then blame the game afterwards.

KiraXD

The amount of zombies on screen blew my mind!!!

a696f392_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-2202-08-44-896.png

779ef935_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-2202-09-14-052.png

92465903_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-2202-13-07-085.png

db81ae6a_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-2202-14-41-544.png

99b7fcff_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-2202-18-14-278.png

0958b73b_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-2202-20-32-409.png

2c198a53_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-2202-20-34-812.png

is it my screen or are these shots severely dark? like i cant see anything dark.

Edit:

sorry just saw this:
This is default in the game settings.

Yeah I played the 1st 2 and enjoyed them, and they are definitely more bright on default even and more colorful than this game.

I'll change the settings if that helps and then blame the game afterwards.

bankster

Banned
Mario seems to be technically proficient, but really, really ugly. They lost all the charm of the 2D Mario games, but maybe that´s just me.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
@Timu I think the problem here is that your XB1 is sending 0-255 RGB signal (called "Expanded" in XB's settings) and your capture card is capturing at 16-235 RGB. Try changing these.

Mohonky

I love how clean Wi U games look. They arent pushing the boundaries technologically but the visuals on all the games worth playing are all so visually striking in their own way.

cacildo

Im not gonna buy 3D World until nintendo gives a makes a sale or something out of the digital version. Anything free, any discount will do.

But this screens are not helping me.

Yeah, with the Roxio at 720p. I don't think I should try 1080p should I?

Does it work out the box (and with the day one patch) on capture cards, or are you splitting/stripping to get it to work? FYI, keep in mind digital foundry had the same issue with crushed blacks when the recorded BF4 footage on Xbone.

Timu

I say go for it :)
Now it looks like Digital Foundry's shots, lol.

http://i6.minus.com/ibrNpwZEQiIH1T.png

@Timu I think the problem here is that your XB1 is sending 0-255 RGB signal (called "Expanded" in XB's settings) and your capture card is capturing at 16-235 RGB. Try changing these.
Yeah when I took those screens, they were on PC(RGB full) settings and not TV(RGB limited) so that could have something to do with it, those are the only settings for color space for the X1. Will try to get 720p shots with the other RGB setting soon.

Timu

Does it work out the box (and with the day one patch) on capture cards, or are you splitting/stripping to get it to work? FYI, keep in mind digital foundry had the same issue with crushed blacks when the recorded BF4 footage on Xbone.
It works perfectly with capture cards, you can record videos without any restrictions. While they could be it for this game, I'm still trying to figure out what's going on here.

Timu

Ok, guys, I just found the problem, check this out:

iDsl8tEW9DYCE.png

It was the game all along, I needed to adjust it like this:

ibsxPd1PiKBAKt.png

And now I end up with this:

ihbfoW635bHPQ.png

No more of this:

irjCmnq0KLLf1.png

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Ok, guys, I just found the problem, check this out:

iDsl8tEW9DYCE.png

It was the game all along, I needed to adjust it like this:

ibsxPd1PiKBAKt.png

And now I end up with this:

ihbfoW635bHPQ.png

No more of this:

irjCmnq0KLLf1.png

You should check your black levels on the Xbox One settings. Expanded or Intermediate can sometimes really crush blacks in dark games.

If it's on one of these put it back to Standard then reset the brightness on DR3 and take another shot. Also check for RGB or YCBR. Even though RGB is recommended for gaming some games look better on YCBR.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Being in Europe, I have to wait for Mario 3d World one more week, so meanwhile I play some AC4 on Wii U:
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01d1dvz.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01xyknz.jpg

I didn't encountered many framerate issues in Havanna yet. I wonder if it has to do with digital version vs. disc?

th4tguy

Being in Europe, I have to wait for Mario 3d World one more week, so meanwhile I play some AC4 on Wii U:
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01d1dvz.jpg

I didn't encountered many framerate issues in Havanna yet. I wonder if it has to do with digital version vs. disc?

I have had 0 frame rate issues, though I did wait for the 1080p patch to come out to play. Maybe that fixed it? Also running digital version of the game with upgraded hard drive.

Edit: Oh you have it on WiiU, never mind.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Which one is yours?

I have the digital version.
Maybe I need some bigger fight to trigger it, I fought with 4 soldiers, I ran through the city and on the roofs and it went quite smooth. Or maybe I'm less sensitive to framerate variance, who knows? But for sure it was no obvious slowdown until now. I'm still very early in the game, so there is still time for that.

Edit: Oh you have it on WiiU, never mind.
At list this is a sign that the visual difference is not that big at first glance. lol

th4tguy

At list this is a sign that the visual difference is not that big at first glance. lol
WiiU:

PS4:
BZrYj6fIAAAo6ri.jpg:large

Not at full resolution because it's using the share feature built into the ps4, but you can see some of the differences. Tried to line up the shots as best I could.

Effect

Can't wait. The environments really look amazing already.

I didn't know those were on Wii U till the final shot. BLOPS2 looks GREAT!

Which is why Call of Duty Ghosts should never be used against the Wii U in dumb console wars nonsense. That's just a poorer game all around compared to BO2. That game shows there doesn't need to be a lack of color.

Looking forward to posting some Super Mario 3D World shots tonight if there is time.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Not at full resolution because it's using the share feature built into the ps4, but you can see some of the differences. Tried to line up the shots as best I could.

I know there is a clear difference, I was just joking based on your mistake.

XB1 cant capture screens on it own?

I think there is a way but it involves some work. Mainly recording some footage and going into the curate/upload studio and save the raw file (if it has the option), then view it on your computer via vlc player and screencap from there. I will try it when my xbox one gets here.

Top Bottom