• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Timu

4cdfc056_20131212220826.png

38abc485_20131212224610.png

c0ef15fb_20131212225826.png

Since I beaten the campaign I'll now have to do the MP, will see how it holds up against the SP in graphics soon.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If it's anything like Crysis 3, the motion blur and bokeh DOF would make Ryse look incredible in motion.

Caayn

I expected some Kinect Sports Rivals screenshot in this thread :(

Ryse and Killzone both look amazing, especially for launch games. And SM3DW is the cherry on the cake of graphical goodness in here.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I feel like Ryse uses a whole lot of blur to look more impressive than it really is. Not saying it doesn't look good, but when you see a perfectly still close-up of a character with no blur it doesn't look quite as amazing to me anymore. KZSF definitely looks better.

Timu

If it's anything like Crysis 3, the motion blur and bokeh DOF would make Ryse look incredible in motion.
Yeah it's fantastic in motion.

I expected some Kinect Sports Rivals screenshot in this thread :(
You need a capture card for the X1 since it has no screenshot function, but since I don't have the game there's a demo I can play and take screenshots of as well if you want me to get screens of it.

Timu

I feel like Ryse uses a whole lot of blur to look more impressive than it really is. Not saying it doesn't look good, but when you see a perfectly still close-up of a character with no blur it doesn't look quite as amazing to me anymore. KZSF definitely looks better.
This looks amazing to me and it's in game.=O

ii9Hsq0TIzVBw.png

KKRT00

Yeah, Ryse has Very High quality DoF and motion blur. Actually DoF has even better blending in Ryse than in C3.

--

Crysis 3 screenshots much better without motion blur actually. Unfortunately on consoles there is no options for something like this.

Caayn

Ryse looks amazing in motion.
Yeah it's fantastic in motion.

You need a capture card for the X1 since it has no screenshot function, but since I don't have the game there's a demo I can play and take screenshots of as well if you want me to get screens of it.
I'm aware of that, still I expected at least some screenshots of it. The water looks amazing. If you can make some it would be really appreciated.

PS: There's only a demo available the full game isn't released yet. It's definitely worth a try.

Norml

No doubt there. A basic soldier has more fine details than Ryse main characters.

sekrit

Banned

I was thinking the same thing about KZSF. It also looks a bit "cramped".

Timu

ixWzVpw1Z6f3s.png

It's going to be nearly impossible.:/ This is why the X1 needs a screen shot function, but unless you can tell the X1 to take a screenshot though Kinect, you won't be able to take screenshots with your hands due to Kinect as the game only uses Kinect for everything. All I got now are a cutscene and the start of gameplay, lol:

ibyhRqNTryFWK7.png

ibliLGkQISV8ev.png

abadguy

Banned

There is no time when Ryse doesn't look incredible, close up, characters standing still, whatever.

Grinchy

Banned
I've never seen anything as beautiful as those crisp, detailed Killzone textures. Absolutely gorgeous...

Yeah, Killzone and Ryse look absolutely insane. I just can't believe they are rushed launch titles. We're going to see some amazing stuff this gen.

Ahmed360

I was thinking EXACTLY the same, tooo much blur/DOF effects!
The photos posted above are not THAT impressive...

Killzone on the other hand (*___*) OMG the materials and texture work! out of this world, and its a launch game :O
Dat 8GB GDDR5 (I know it not fully utilized in games currently, which is even more impressive!)

I need my PS4 now :/

I was thinking EXACTLY the same, tooo much blur/DOF effects!
The photos posted above are not THAT impressive...

Killzone on the other hand (*___*) OMG the materials and texture work! out of this world, and its a launch game :O
Dat 8GB GDDR5 (I know it not fully utilized in games currently, which is even more impressive!)

I need my PS4 now :/

In motion Ryse has a pretty consistantly detailed and modelled looks with great post processing. Personally, I think KZ looks more impressive, but only marginally. KZ does lose a few points with facial animations though...I don't have a clue why they are often so bad...Crytek on the other hand made some great strides in that department

cheezcake

Graphically speaking Ryse is doing a lot more than Killzone SF, but KZ SF has much better IQ because of the resolution difference

Pjsprojects

For anyone that has the game i would love to see a Wii U screenshot of that exact same place and weather just for comparison.... anyone??????

Not got that far yet, any idea of location because that does look good and I like to compare.

A couple more shots while i'm here.

Lego city WiiU

AC4 WiiU

NFSMW WiiU

Top Bottom