• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

ibclIQG4L6uDV5.png

ivYcS0WpmNYhz.png

iF1amer6Cier9.png

Timu

Glad to see a few new game pics here and there. Seems all we get is Killzone, Ryse and Mario every page.
To be fair this thread barely has Ryse in it, only 2 people have posted Ryse pics in this whole thread: me and nbnt, so posting Ryse more makes sense due to lack of Ryse to begin with. Now that I beaten Ryse I'll have more games posted soon, more X1 games definitely.

Timu

Makes no sense to post heavily motion-blurred screens, like those Ryse shots.

Stop it, please.
Half my screens had motion blur to show off how good it is while the other half don't so there's plenty of screens without motion blur.

Not got that far yet, any idea of location because that does look good and I like to compare.

No idea on the name, it was some random small island with very little on it as I'm trying to get the "discover all locations" trophy. I just love the dynamic weather in AC4 so much, it's more impressive to me than the weather in NFS.

X-Factor

Is Elgato better than the latest HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition by Hauppauge?

I'm looking to upgrade from the original 1212 model HD PVR but neither can capture
at 1080P and 60 frames per second to my knowledge at least.

Timu

You're probably wondering how I managed to get screens of a Kinect only game that requires both hands to be able to play it while standing up. Well, thanks to the power of my Avermedia program I can take up to 100 pics at a time, and now I present dem waves and splashes, and yeah I suck at the game, but hey, I am improving and even got 2nd place once.

ibgXiLRPoy14By.png

iCuZG1ZHTB9oa.png

iboj6PwLBcJ3vB.png

EhoaVash

No, because his WW pic isn't even full/true 480p. If you look at his previous post, he again has 2 different resolutions, and all of them look blurry.

idk, but all of them beside the mario ones are via gamepad, using the tv feels like a pain to me now, I mainly game on the gamepad. I used flickr to post them, some shots I made the image smaller/larger than their usual cause it looks more blurry when blown up since it is a gamepad screen.

Aucool

For the ones that take screenshots using the Share button of the PS4, what services post them in better quality, twitter or facebook?

Timu

For the ones that take screenshots using the Share button of the PS4, what services post them in better quality, twitter or facebook?
Facebook, though both suffer from heavy compression so screens never look like they did on your TV/monitor.

The mad details, the number of different materials, never seen before even on PC, it's unique and truly next gen
The shader/texture work is indeed fantastic, but they need to bump up the poly count in their next games... Even at a glance you can spot how some stuff are low poly and it breaks the illusion.

No doubt there. A basic soldier has more fine details than Ryse main characters.

I disagree. The extra polycount Ryse characters have show it's pretty face a lot better in motion when going to one game to another: armor pieces move more freely from the models and they hold up better poly wise too, maintaining the rounded look even at close ups.

The shader/texture work is indeed fantastic, but they need to bump up the poly count in their next games... Even at a glance you can spot how some stuff are low poly and it breaks the illusion.

I disagree. The extra polycount Ryse characters have show it's pretty face a lot better in motion when going to one game to another: armor pieces move more freely from the models and they hold up better poly wise too, maintaining the rounded look even at close ups.

Yeah, there are still going to be comprimises in geometry this gen, though hopefully they find out to implement tesselation extensively and cheaper. I think geometry is pretty damn high in some levels, and easily matches stuff like Metro Last Light and Crysis 3 (and Ryse obviously). Charcter models in Crysis 3 are bit poly starved in parts. Ryse definitely is a step up in this respect. In terms of texture detail though, I would say KZ matches it quite handily.

IQ is really the only thing that seems stand out as something that could definitely be improved in a sequel if it comes about

KKRT00

No doubt there. A basic soldier has more fine details than Ryse main characters.

If by three times less polys, You mean more details, than i agree.

----
In terms of texture detail though, I would say KZ matches it quite handily.

Nah, textures are not on pair with C3, You'll see in comparison thread when Dictator will get unbanned in a week.
Some material shaders for details on characters are quite amazing in KZ:SF though, i definitely agree.

If by three times less polys, You mean more details, than i agree.

----

Nah, textures are not on pair with C3, You'll see in comparison thread when Dictator will get unbanned in a week.
Some material shaders for details on characters are quite amazing in KZ:SF though, i definitely agree.

Of course you are never going to admit anything is on par to anything in a Crytek game unless it is another Crytek game. I have seen both...I think crysis 3 looks fantastic, but in many ways saddled by previous gen hardware even on PC. Ryse actually looks better to me in many ways. Lighting and texture detail definitely impress me more in KZ than in C3.

Pics above: Facial detail in KZ is fantastic...facial animation is often unnatural and cartoony. Guerrilla really need to step it up there.

nordique

I was one of those people who thought Ryse looked like a 360 game.

Notice I said was.

Happy to have been very wrong about that, game looks fantastic.

Zinthar

Its hard to admit anything but that, because its a fact.

Whipping out Crysis 3 is a little unfair, because it's probably still the best-looking game ever made. It probably wouldn't look quite as good as those screens if it were on PS4 or XBO because some of the settings would have be toned down.

If you consider scope and relative performance on similar hardware, I think Battlefield 4 is a greater achievement than both Crysis 3 & Shadow Fall.

UnrealEck

Of course you are never going to admit anything is on par to anything in a Crytek game unless it is another Crytek game. I have seen both...I think crysis 3 looks fantastic, but in many ways saddled by previous gen hardware even on PC. Ryse actually looks better to me in many ways. Lighting and texture detail definitely impress me more in KZ than in C3.

Pics above: Facial detail in KZ is fantastic...facial animation is often unnatural and cartoony. Guerrilla really need to step it up there.

Crysis 3 has better textures and lighting than Killzone SF. The level of detail and overall engine enabled features (and their quality level) of Crysis 3 is probably the best in any game that's currently out and no offense to KKRT00 but I don't think those screenshots really show the detail all that well. The use of colour and the artistic design of the levels and environments (plus characters) is where Killzone shines best. Not to say it isn't a great looking game from a technical standpoint too.

Top Bottom