• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
LOL they need to take some notes from Ryse

Everyone needs to take notes from NBA2K14. The range, the subtlety, the perfect context... dayum.

Salex_

There's seems to be tons of different environments in Killzone SF. Almost every screenshot looks like a new area.

Ryse consistently looks great. That forest pic makes me think of how good a non-mobile big budget Attack on Titan game could be like :(

Timu

iCFM3JbyxHP2Y.png

iLlh9ec894nN1.png

ixDTy0mfYHkYB.png

Preemo

Banned

uhhhh, dude, if you think you're making an argument in favor of crytek using these examples, i dont think it works out. the image quality on both is superb as well as textures. IMO art style goes to KZ by a mile. besides theres some weak geometry in some of those crytek shots.

Nah, textures are not on pair with C3, You'll see in comparison thread when Dictator will get unbanned in a week.

man you really should play it first before making such bold statements. its uncanny how much of KZ's small detail is lost in stills or compressed video.

i won't cherry pic this, i just hope the comparison thread isnt of that quality. really just watch this parts in motion against another and see its not even a contest..

Crysis 3 has better textures and lighting than Killzone SF. The level of detail and overall engine enabled features (and their quality level) of Crysis 3 is probably the best in any game that's currently out and no offense to KKRT00 but I don't think those screenshots really show the detail all that well. The use of colour and the artistic design of the levels and environments (plus characters) is where Killzone shines best. Not to say it isn't a great looking game from a technical standpoint too.

Well, KKRT00 comparison was pretty cherry picked and doesnt do either game many favours, particularly Crysis 3 actually. Disagree on the lighting, particularly some of the day time lighting, which looks too high contrast and a bit bland in Crysis 3, just as it has looked in all crysis games. Lighting usually shines best in night scenes and evening, and early morning scenes. You could easily select some screens from this thread that looks a deal more impressive than those KKRT00 posted of both games....

Probably better to use a video to show it though, gamersyde to the rescue: http://www.gamersyde.com/download_killzone_shadow_fall_environments-31296_en.html

KKRT00 facts are given in figures though, not in aesthetic comparisons so if you could give figures to back up your assertion it would be appreciate.

Ardenyal

What platform?

Also where is this outside snow area? I only started playing it last night and its just space ship & mines so far in multiplayer.(pc).

On PS4. Just took the HUD off for a mission.

I can't remember which planet this was on but the environments vary from planet to planet. There's some nice desert environments aswell later on.

nib95

Banned
If by three times less polys, You mean more details, than i agree.

----

If that is true, it just further highlights how bad Crytek can be at optimisations sometimes, given that Shadow Fall's character models look far higher poly, and with better textures too.

If that is true, it just further highlights how bad Crytek can be at optimisations sometimes, given that Shadow Fall's character models look far higher poly, and with better textures too.

and thats exactly why you cant simply subtract art from the graphics equaction to get technology. if GG can realize (empirical perceived) better character models with only the third of the polycount isn't that technically better?

aside from the character models im pretty sure that on an aquivalent near diameter around the players position, KZ has the highest geometry detail of any shooter aka highest poly environment assets to date.

Caayn

You're probably wondering how I managed to get screens of a Kinect only game that requires both hands to be able to play it while standing up. Well, thanks to the power of my Avermedia program I can take up to 100 pics at a time, and now I present dem waves and splashes, and yeah I suck at the game, but hey, I am improving and even got 2nd place once.
You can sit with the new Kinect ;) KSR works just as fine when I'm sitting I notice no difference in reaction/precision.

Great now I'm thirsty :(

KKRT00

Whipping out Crysis 3 is a little unfair, because it's probably still the best-looking game ever made. It probably wouldn't look quite as good as those screens if it were on PS4 or XBO because some of the settings would have be toned down.

If you consider scope and relative performance on similar hardware, I think Battlefield 4 is a greater achievement than both Crysis 3 & Shadow Fall.

Yeah i agree. BF 4 is great achievement for 60fps.
I was talking about textures, just wanted to show that GG underutilized PoM, which is understandable as this is their first next-gen title.
And PoM makes night and day different for textures.

--------------------

and thats exactly why you cant simply subtract art from the graphics equaction to get technology. if GG can realize (empirical perceived) better character models with only the third of the polycount isn't that technically better?

aside from the character models im pretty sure that on an aquivalent near diameter around the players position, KZ has the highest geometry detail of any shooter aka highest poly environment assets to date.

But those characters are not directly comparable, like 1:1, because they focus on something completely different. Like for example KZ:SF characters do not have face at all, ears, they dont have tons of movable parts on their models etc.
We would need Crysis 4 to make better comparison in that department.

-----------
man you really should play it first before making such bold statements. its uncanny how much of KZ's small detail is lost in stills or compressed video.

i won't cherry pic this, i just hope the comparison thread isnt of that quality. really just watch this parts in motion against another and see its not even a contest..
Crysis 3 in motion looks also much better
And i completely agree that KZ:SF has much better art style.
Comparison thread wont have one to one comparison from different games, its impossible, because of difference in assets and art style. It will be more like a compilation of all tech features of a game with good examples.

---------
Well, KKRT00 comparison was pretty cherry picked and doesnt do either game many favours, particularly Crysis 3 actually.

KKRT00 facts are given in figures though, not in aesthetic comparisons so if you could give figures to back up your assertion it would be appreciate.

Its not cherry picked, it was done like in 15 minutes, based on some shots from this thread, which i found browsing through some of pages here and some of my shots on minus.com. As i said, its not good comparison at all and it does not touch anything but textures.
I just wanted to show how PoM is utilized in Crysis 3 and how big difference it makes. Like, You can see some PoM examples in KZ:SF, but they are quite mediocre, like those small rocks texture posted several times, they also look quite broken from some angles.
Its GG's first next-gen title, so its understandable though.

And what figures? For textures? Just lack of PoM is enough. For characters polys, there are sources for both games, but they were aiming for different effect, like i said earlier. Its hard to compare anything except for materials and faces in character models, really

I didnt want to make this thread a comparison thread, so lets just finish it here and continue in a week in proper thread, agree? :>

-------
Btw I love some assets in KZ:SF, some have outstanding quality. I dont have examples currently, but several pages ago there was nice wall texture on a box and there was a screenshots of very high quality cables going behind a ladder, etc.

hoserx

When I see this :

ibbLzEScmgE5qj.jpg

BbE47SJIMAAFyUU.jpg:orig

VS that :

iKJpI6LHG8DF1.png

i4qxrzLi7dymj.png

At least, all I can say is that light and shaders (materials render) are definitely on the side of KZSF.

When I look at both of those.......... I say................. dayyyaaaaaaaaaaaaamnnnnnnnnn, gaming is crazy in 2013.

Killzone SF and Ryse are both monsters but KZ looks like it has more going on and at higher res (effects and everything) than Ryse (nice player models).

Timu

Looks like I'm the X1's savior in this thread, lol, I would love to post more Killer Instinct, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon and more but I need the right time to do it and go for the best screens as all those X1 games have lots of jaggies, seems Ryse is still the only one with good AA so far.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Looks like I'm the X1's savior in this thread, lol, I would love to post more Killer Instinct, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon and more but I need the right time to do it and go for the best screens as all those X1 games have lots of jaggies, seems Ryse is still the only one with good AA so far.
Hehe. I took some environment shots in Ryse, they didn't look so good, only these were decent:

11388517855_13be26a91b_o.png

11388532494_f5c0e608fc_o.png

Also noticed that when you stand against a torch, you see its reflection in Marius' eyes

11388504175_d2d52f2956_o.png

Killzone SF and Ryse are both monsters but KZ looks like it has more going on and at higher res (effects and everything) than Ryse (nice player models).
The problem with Ryse is that it looks far more impressive in motion than it does in stills due to the resolution.

Timu

Hehe. I took some environment shots in Ryse, they didn't look so good, only these were decent:

The problem with Ryse is that it looks far more impressive in motion than it does in stills due to the resolution.
Glad you could help. And that's pretty sweet to know about his eyes, very realistic. But I think the forest level is one of the best looking levels in the game.

ibmM8sabqyBYv6.png

dr guildo

Also noticed that when you stand against a torch, you see its reflection in Marius' eyes

WOW, looks like a real dude, unbelievable !
474317.gif

Edit : My main problem with cryengine3, is its inability to render metal properly.
775167.gif

Its awesome how much more convincing the character models look than Crysis 3. Better geometry makes a difference.

Top Bottom