• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Last batch of KZ for a while.

iIFhW4OSRjxwy.jpg

This screenshot looks so so good. How do you get your screenshot to look so good? Do you have hardware capture equipment?

I believe it's set to Auto, but I'm not sure. Is one recommended over the other?

It really depends on what kind of TV you have.. you wouldn't want to be activating Full RGB on some as it would result in black crush which results in a loss of detail. I'm not too sure but I think the newest TV's might accept a Full RGB signal... I'm certain that any modern computer monitor would.. should it have HDMI input.

One thing I've done to test my TV was to go to the PS4 browser and Google image search a "contrast calibration" which brings up a series of images you can fullscreen to check your current black levels; this one is a good one to use: http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2817/brightnessso8.jpg
Now you want make sure that all the black rectangles are visible.. you can do this by adjusting the brightness on your TV.

You can try turning on Full RGB and adjusting your image this way.. but If you can't bring all the rectangles to being visible, then it's probably best to leave it on Auto, or limited.

Both limited and full RGB are fine options though.. and you seem to be taking breathtaking pictures either way (which is why I asked.. I'm trying to decide between Full and Limited (my TV apparently handles both)

Hope this helps.

It really depends on what kind of TV you have.. you wouldn't want to be activating Full RGB on some as it would result in black crush which results in a loss of detail. I'm not too sure but I think the newest TV's might accept a Full RGB signal... I'm certain that any modern computer monitor would.. should it have HDMI input.

One thing I've done to test my TV was to go to the PS4 browser and Google image search a "contrast calibration" which brings up a series of images you can fullscreen to check your current black levels; this one is a good one to use: http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2817/brightnessso8.jpg
Now you want make sure that all the black rectangles are visible.. you can do this by adjusting the brightness on your TV.

You can try turning on Full RGB and adjusting your image this way.. but If you can't bring all the rectangles to being visible, then it's probably best to leave it on Auto, or limited.

Both limited and full RGB are fine options though.. and you seem to be taking breathtaking pictures either way (which is why I asked.. I'm trying to decide between Full and Limited (my TV apparently handles both)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this informative and very helpful post. My gaming tv is a 2012 model, so maybe it does accept Full (if that's not what it is already set to.) I will be sure to try out your advice when I'm home; I'm very curious as to how this will pan out.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
There's the level in KZ where you're saving hostages, and some place where you crouch walk close to the wooden floor. I think that's where the wooden floor was anyway. All I remember was the the floor looked insanely realistic there, like some kind of high end architectural render.

*edit* ha, I've never seen those explosion holes either.

UnrealEck

Did I actually say that? I don't think I did. I think you misquoted me...

where in c3 you see one, two highend materials at a time at best, in KZ most of the texture work surrounding you is top notch (yeah there are still loend texture here and there, as in every shooter). the average material detail is simply much much higher. AGAIN, to recognize that one would need to have played both games.

Yeah, that is a quote of what you wrote. Maybe you worded it wrong.

KKRT00

Yeah, that is a quote of what you wrote. Maybe you worded it wrong.

You quote wrong person :)

------------------

Yep, thats PoM and this one looks awesome, it lacks artifacts of previous ones. Can You make shot of several such textures overlapping?

Except most of textures in games 3-4 years from now to have depth. They will look glorious :)
This, physically based shading and better real-time GI is direction for next-gen titles and it will improve fidelity a lot.

What a pity that we dont have PC version of Ryse, because PoM and PADM textures are quite advance in this game, but upscaling blur on Xbone hides their quality. Also we dont have many shots of them either.
Like even footsteps on the beach have PoM.

--------
@DemonCleaner
I really dont want to make comparison thread here. There will be other topic for that.
I can agree though that KZ:SF has more unique art assets than C3.

You need to play Crysis 3 on very high on a PC, not on a console. Clearly you've only played it on a PS3 or X360.

i've played it maxed at 1080p on pc. nice try. and you cleary havn't played KZ..

--------
@DemonCleaner
I really dont want to make comparison thread here. There will be other topic for that.
I can agree though that KZ:SF has more unique art assets than C3.

man don't play the art card. that's cheap. it has cleary nothing to do with art to display more different high-end materials at once.

KKRT00

man don't play the art card. that's cheap. it has cleary nothing to do with art to display more different high-end materials at once.

I really like to see Your comments in comparison thread and proper comparison from You, because You have both games and can actually make proper comparison to prove Your thesis.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Oh and i disagree with You on that front.

There was a software update for the Elgato Gamecapture HD. They've added a screenshotfunction/button to the GUI and now it saves a PNG on yor desktop when you click it. there are a few elgato user here, anyone know if this picture is taken before or after it is converted to h.264MP4?

Ryse just doesn't seem to capture well in pics. I mean it looks good, but the IQ is just bad. In motion I think the IQ largely looks fine, but it just doesn't seem to show well in pics. At least you can tell the assets look great.

Timu

Ryse just doesn't seem to capture well in pics. I mean it looks good, but the IQ is just bad. In motion I think the IQ largely looks fine, but it just doesn't seem to show well in pics. At least you can tell the assets look great.
Blame 1080p capturing, if I had a DVI to HDMI cable I could had captured it in 900p(it's native res) to make it look sharp. If I capture it in 720p it'll be downscaling but look even sharper since there would be less problems with AA, I think I should try that.

Blame 1080p capturing, if I had a DVI to HDMI cable I could had captured it in 900p(it's native res) to make it look sharp. If I capture it in 720p it'll be downscaling but look even sharper since there would be less problems with AA, I think I should try that.

Yeah, I mean your screens still show how good the game looks, but the IQ is pretty bad and doesn't do the games any favours, especially compared to other stuff posted in this thread.

There was a software update for the Elgato Gamecapture HD. They've added a screenshotfunction/button to the GUI and now it saves a PNG on yor desktop when you click it. there are a few elgato user here, anyone know if this picture is taken before or after it is converted to h.264MP4?

It's the same screenshotting if you right click under the edit function of elgato. It screenshots what's on edit and not what's on capture (for me at least). I believe the picture is taken before.

KKRT00

You cant capture it in 900p. You can try 720p, but it still will be 900p upscaled to 1080p and then downscaled to 720p.

Ardenyal

I don't see blackcrush in these screens as i've seen in what happens when you enable Full range on a RGB limited screen.

If you have your PS4 set to Full color range and upload to facebook there will be black crush.

Comparison of the same screenshot uploaded to FB and Twitter:
FB:
1493323_10152066129908550_1338039844_o.jpg

Twitter:
BbuzIYlIIAAnnvu.jpg:orig

Look at the rocks on the right to see the crushed colors.

EBE

Got to finally play some Killzone today. Friend brought his ps4 over. I wasn't overly impressed by it. It was very sharp and had some nice textures, but it wasn't the revelation some people make it out to be. Very good looking, though

Got to finally play some Killzone today. Friend brought his ps4 over. I wasn't overly impressed by it. It was very sharp and had some nice textures, but it wasn't the revelation some people make it out to be. Very good looking, though

It was the same with me, wasn't that impressed, but that changed once you enter the helghast section during campaign (where most of the screenshots here are taken from)

Looked like a huge step up, the art direction, texturing and lighting were very impressive.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Kinda wish this game was in 1080p.

So do I, the blurriness of every direct capture screen I've seen makes my eyes hurt. No joke, it's like they're trying to focus but can't. I'd get a headache if I had to stare at it for too long.

Thanks for this informative and very helpful post. My gaming tv is a 2012 model, so maybe it does accept Full (if that's not what it is already set to.) I will be sure to try out your advice when I'm home; I'm very curious as to how this will pan out.

Hey ionicbluebird; it turns out that my PS4 was set to Full for rgb. I used the chart you provided, which caused me to increase the brightness of my tv by a very small notch. Thanks again.

KZ:

iEZnSSeV57LSq.jpg

iKRxFe5Y5iT2D.jpg

iSaVWWNBIjueR.jpg

Ricky_R

I traded this game in after playing for about two hours, but I really liked the look of the trolls...something about them, just so 'smooth', for lack of a better word.

Indeed. They looked quite good. I think it was the clothes/uniforms.

Here are three more shots. (First is cut-scene)

iuxxxahOfRZ5l.jpg

iG7XuzjF3lwKr.jpg

iARfDP4gaBJtE.jpg

Top Bottom